Drinking While Playing

K

krezip

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did so in the past, but I believe it didn't lead to the best results.

I was never drunk or even tipsy, but still I think it affected my judgement. But when I played for fun that wasn't really an issue. Just a bummer when you're deep in a tourney :)

Hopefully gave that up now :confused:

P

Pokagambler

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
little is good

Just beer and only a little

Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
drinks

Who drinks when they play? And who drinks when they play online? :confused::elefant:
for me the in-game drinking is bad for the whole game. You become a fish on the table without feeling alcohol can help you by becoming brave in situations where you have a little chance of success. A conspiracy I do not drink at the time the game.

E

Enthusiast

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do not do this, attempts were unsuccessful:D:D:D

M

m4roon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like doing something while playing poker except tea or matee. I think it doesn't halp you a lot to win big pots, but if you playing just for fun I think drink few bottles of beer is great way to spend your poker game:)

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
New Year's holidays went well and there was no time to play poker because of alcohol))))
Now is the time to recover and return to the games in the club and in general[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

C

CHUVASHMAN

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Alcohol interferes with the game and it's a fact

throughstruggle

throughstruggle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Drinking is necessary not during the game, but after. Either from success or from failure.:D

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when I play online, I drink not only water, but also medicine for my heart.
Sometimes at the tables it happens that the heart starts to snap at what others do with my cards)))))[emoji33] [emoji33] [emoji33] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

pepsilv

pepsilv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker and alcohol equals loosing alot and alot.

D

DjDen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! I sometimes drink beer, but honestly, I don’t drink any better when I play, especially online ....))) I can have a drink when we play at home with friends, thanks)

G

GoSplat678

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dunno I think drinking while I play helps me when I'm playing with very loose aggressive players. I find I play pretty tight and over aggression will force me off of things I should keep just because I'm nervous. I find that a few drinks can loosen me up for a good game with them. I normally come out on top long as I don't over do it.

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
SodaStream

Who drinks when they play? And who drinks when they play online? :confused::elefant:
hi hi
i drink a lot of water while i play. it good for me i try drink 2-3 litres a day minimum. What i have done is got a SODASTREAM machine it sits on a table next to my desk...
it easily makes carbonated water.. and there are various flavours of natural sugar-less syrups i can add to the buddly water - IT'S DELICIOUS and refreshing and healthy (all natural)
i also make herbal teas during break time
so those two things hydrate me and keep me interested in the beverages
previously i drank a lot red wine during playing - i had a 4 litre box here and drank way too much!
i will often have a marijuana gummie before play, takes about 20 minutes to kick in...
and i know its just right amount not get stoned just relax/calm (sativa) just 1 if i have more i cant play proper

S

Sp0own

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you play freerolls maybe but i don't think that anyone that is serious about the game should drink while playing. i think that drinking creates some imbalances that cannot be controlled so easily.

PelyaMX

PelyaMX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm loving it ... smtms it helps me to feel free & brave in very particular moments ... but also often it's the reason I'm loosing my money as well ...
So my advice - drink responsibly !!!

B

Bearclaws8989

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’ve actually won a live tournament where I was drunk bluffed a lot more and won a lot more but wouldn’t suggest it

B

bviscaino

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
take while playing poker? very bad idea, the concentration decreases enormously

Q

Queenlimp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only when circumstances reach the level requiring critical judgment does the affect of alcohol pose it's greatest threat for compromise. At this point, it becomes all but clear who or what is in control.

T

TDTODDY

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I drink copious amounts of coffee and water. I pee ALOT.

an9312

an9312

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
big fan of the drink. captain and ginger. when it gets rollin mix it with fire.

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

I like to drink when I play poker. I guess its because we used to go on fishing or hunting trips to the cabin and when the fishing or hunting was done crack a beer and play poker. It was also fun playing a little poker at a friends superbowl party before the superbowl started.

G

gwj63

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you cussed me out for playing my cards like I wanted to
I think maybe you were drinking
??
I don't drink alcohol at all