Drinking While Playing

djasset

djasset

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who drinks when they play? And who drinks when they play online? :confused::elefant:

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any professional activity, or a game connected with money - should not be accompanied by a drink.
But I think that quite a lot of entertaining players are not sober. They make very strange decisions. Such actions will not make any normal person. :D

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In Russia 5% alcohol by volume is considered a "soft drink" classified with soda. Alcohol is a hard drug and i'v heard of many players getting ruined by it,that being said I am not one to look down on others with Vices.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If you are serious about the game, it is better not to drink alcohol during the game.

theothermj

theothermj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to drink good beer but after some tummy issues I can't digest it well anymore so lots of water and pop. Black coffee in the mornings...

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
alcohol drink and poker for me does not match ..

J

jfitzg414

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Drinking or anything that clouds the mind does not make sense to me if you want to play seriously. 1 drink may relax you and let you be looser if you are a tight player but for me after 2 I make rash decisions

Pokerguy6666

Pokerguy6666

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Vodka and poker, my favorite drink.

NoPlace4U

NoPlace4U

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never have and probably never will, i dont drink much anyways.

P

prizzy711

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Drinking can only hurt. No way I would do it. I do love it when folks at my table do though....

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
I usually drink cold water while I'm playing ... sometimes I take some kind of cool natural cold ... but I do not drink alcholicas drinks I think it could affect me when making decisions when playing poker ..!

F

fordman427

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you mean water then I do:) whether it’s live or online I would recommend not drinking and playing

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In a serious game I would not drink, especially games that go on late as it makes you tired. Sometimes though if it's a low buy in for me, and I am just chilling, playing for enjoyment in the afternoon one or two can be nice but any more than that can seriously affect decisions.

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think drinking and poker will only lead to bad results, so I avoid it at all costs

NWPatriot

NWPatriot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I seem to do better when everyone else is hammered - so i guess, i am in favor of it.

Y

Yoda_Priest_X_Napo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would never do that,. I can never think of how can drinking be beneficial in a any poker game, if it is for recreational reasons, just make sure you do not put yourself in a position where you might tilt instead of having fun and lose money that you can not afford losing.

J

jospel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
drinking

I don't drink when I play online, burn a j though. I will have a neat whiskey if I'm playing live.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Or play or drink! Don't mix the two! Succeed in one thing!!! :)

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I do not drink alcohol at all. Especially during the game, in my opinion, alcohol will be superfluous.
Good luck.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Preferably, this is coffee, tea and cookies. Sometimes I can drink non-alcoholic beer during the game.

A

always2away

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I may consume 1-2 drinks per hour of play and it has no discernable effect on my play.
I usually do not drink while playing.

I have played with only 3 people who were hard drinkers and consistent winners. All 3 were alcoholics, but high functioning alcoholics. If you met them and did not smell them they did not appear inebriated. As alcohol has its greatest effect on motor function not cognitive function I'm certain I would mop the floor with them in almost any other contest, but these guys are tough poker players.
I've also seen dozens of other poker players drink a bit too much and destroy themselves on the felt as reduced inhibitions drives them off a cliff with fantasy based desire instead of solid math based decisions and proper evaluation of the immediate pot situation.