Doyle Brunson

AllinIgor

AllinIgor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"I think the match between Polk and Daniel is the end for NLH. I had no idea this new way was so strong. Any player would be nuts to play unless he knows the info. Never thought I would say that."

The @TexDolly is one of my favorite players...
What did you think about his statement about the Negreanu vs. Polk challenge?

Good luck at the table!

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not sure what Doyle means by this. Does the new info refer to solvers? Either way, I definitely don't think it's the end of no-limit particularly when it comes to games outside of very high stakes.

S

suitedsadness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well he is not entirely wrong. You definitely shouldn't play Doug heads up if you want to keep your money unless you in the top 200-ish in the world. Regardless, poker will survive. Live lower limits will always be soft in comparison, and even if everyone uses solvers, you can still come out ahead, as Negreanu has done many times in the heads up challenge.

R

redsfan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think doyle has done more for poker than any other player.I realize times and poker has changed over the years,but he has been an ambassador for poker for many years.I had the pleasure of watching him play in the world series of poker back in the 1970s when it was held at the horseshoe in down town vegas

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
"I think the match between Polk and Daniel is the end for NLH. I had no idea this new way was so strong. Any player would be nuts to play unless he knows the info. Never thought I would say that."

The @TexDolly is one of my favorite players...
What did you think about his statement about the Negreanu vs. Polk challenge?

Good luck at the table!
Here is what Doyle Brunson said about head up (his own words): "Playing head up against another good player, for instance, is not a realistic test of who is the best player because it happens that some people who are very good at head up play are not very good in a a Ring game... and vice versa."

Attachments

• Captura de Tela 2020-12-04 às 17.00.38.jpg
    Captura de Tela 2020-12-04 às 17.00.38.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 27
Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The thing about Doyle is he is a old school player. I dont mean that in a bad way but he is not playing as he used to and the game is constantly changing. While I am sure he could sit at any table anywhere and anytime and hold his own the game has changed. As for the end of poker......... I dont think so. Most players never have of will face players like this.

M

Mahdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's the end for NLH that we knew in 1x1 ofc, because people learn a lot from looking at their game, since before cash game 1x1 was never so much observed so far as I know

AllinIgor

AllinIgor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The thing about Doyle is he is a old school player. I dont mean that in a bad way but he is not playing as he used to and the game is constantly changing. While I am sure he could sit at any table anywhere and anytime and hold his own the game has changed. As for the end of poker......... I dont think so. Most players never have of will face players like this.

I agree with you when you say that poker won't end, but I also agree with Doyle. I think he meant also in a broad way, where if not all, but most players use managers for a better desemprenho in the online. This really takes that old mastery out of the game, but I'm not going to get into the merits of this issue, because it's very controversial... Hehehe
Thank you very much for your comment!I agree with you when you say that poker won't end, but I also agree with Doyle. I think he meant also in a broad way, where if not all, but most players use managers for a better desemprenho in the online. This really takes that old mastery out of the game, but I'm not going to get into the merits of this issue, because it's very controversial... Hehehe
Thank you very much for your comment!

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hmmm, its hard to know what Brunson meant.

First of all there has been a bit of needle going back and forth between Polk and Brunson which I believe Brunson initiated and Polk reacted to in his typical manner - a little over the top.

But Brunson is a lot tougher and sassier than people think. He has been perceived as 'older statesmen' for so long people forget the era he grew up in regarding poker. If you watch him carefully in some of the more recent poker TV shows where he has featured, he often will send a dry but stinging put down someone's way when they deserve it. In the same manner he still has the ability to put someone all in with a marginal hand if he thinks he can take the pot.

Therefore, I am not sure Brunson has been having that many truly deep thoughts on the future of poker as much as he likes sending out the occasional Twitter zinger where he has a sense of humor and knows how to get some on tilt.

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Doyle is referring when he talks about information to the help systems in online poker or the GTO game, but it is all aimed at the online game. There is certainly a lot of advantage over your opponents game with a help system that collects information about your way of playing, he thought doyle is referring to that.

AllinIgor

AllinIgor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Doyle is referring when he talks about information to the help systems in online poker or the GTO game, but it is all aimed at the online game. There is certainly a lot of advantage over your opponents game with a help system that collects information about your way of playing, he thought doyle is referring to that.

I also think that's also one of the things he wants to say. Online poker tools give a lot of information from opponents, frankly, i wasn't supposed to be allowed.