downed by the river

J

jj6m

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What % of winning hands have you had lost on the river?. Certainly higher then winning on a ri:mad:ver

K

kamciono5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's hard to say, but each of us thinks it's 70-80% of the hands. After analyzing my hand history, it turned out to be about 20%. It seems to me that it is because of our selective memory, where we do not remember how many hands we managed to win with gag, but we remember every "bad beat" because this is a variation that, from our point of view, shouldn't have happened. That why we think that most of our hands lose in the river

B

BiGBa40

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think we remember only "bad" rivers and forget the moments when the river wins the pot for us 😉

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No idea, I have not bothered to look or even think about those stats. Maybe I should

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on the level of the player. If you are not inclined to throw away good cards and regret them, then you will have a high loss percentage on the river.

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I really don't remember exactly, what if to go all in there are several times that I remember the most, and I think that almost 65% of the time I have won. One of the last hands was that he had KK and my opponent AQs, we went all in on the flop and the A came on the river, but hey, these are things that happen in poker. Cheers

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hey
It is not a real big percentage actually.
I talk about myself, apart from bad beats where you are way ahead of your opponent till the flop, and then a runner runner and you lose on the river.
But such cases are too few if you play correct, you will not want to go till the river and try to win the pot or fold the hand much before the river.
That is my input to you.

C

capujoss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would suggest to let a winning hand reach the river. Make them pay to see the river card.

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never pay attention to this indicator. Now you are run over by the river, and tomorrow the river saved you. The main thing here is to go higher in the structure of prizes.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
According to my visual calculations, it is about the same.

monkey23

monkey23

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have lost more money on the river than any other street.... by overvaluing my hand, and not thinking properly...calling off too quickly.

I now have a post it with " what can I beat here ? " stuck to my monitor.

V

valen_niyee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rivet always betrayed me. ��

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I win more on the river. I like the river. I don't count the river as a special card, I count and play all over the Board.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am sure that on the river I have more wins than losses. It is on the river that most players understand which card is better for them or their opponent.

R

redsfan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It does seem like some sites are alot worse than others when it comes to getting a bad beat on the river.Ive made several final tables in my lifetime,and from my experence the large stacks at the final table,seem to get the better odds of winning on the river.

A

AKbadboyAK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good Morning ! It's been about 3 weeks that I missed out on RIVER full vs quad I had AA vs KK Flop came Axx Turn K RIVER K this hand was amazing :(