Doug Polk Vids on Youtube

monkey23

monkey23

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Greetings Chatters :)

just wondering what you all think of Doug Polk's series of free coaching vids on you tube,,,the link above shows Tony G...and i like tony G...getting caught with his trousers down with Vanessa Rousso....( yikes...sounds like fun...ed..)

i started subscribing to these vids a month or so ago...i like them...he takes the thought process to deeper levels that i hadn't previously integrated into my game....bluff blockers etc...

The concept of range i was first introduced to a few years ago via cole south's seminal book, ' let there be range', which was very costly to buy when it came out, but free online as a pdf for a while...don't know if it still is...

I also love doug's sense of humour and style of vids..the way he had a go at Luke Schwarz in the above vid was priceless imo..:)

All thoughts and opinions on the doug polk vids much appreciated...as well as any more links to other good coaching vids on you tube..:)

Have a great day, and may the farce be with ya all..:)

N

Newqy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Check out alec torrelli as well hes really good plus kid poker himself daniel negreanu

Lerts

Lerts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i do enjoy dougs vids, have only recently learned about his vids on youtube and have been watching them since ive learnt about them. They do give a diff perspective on approaching play with some hands and also give insight on how some of the pros of today think and approach their games. So would encourage anyone to give it a watch as you might be able to benefit from some of the tips and styles that are demonstrated by doug in his vids

RidersFan

RidersFan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've tried to watch his videos but I can't. The information is good, I just find him very annoying

Awrpze

Awrpze

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've learned quite a bit from binge watching Doug Polk's videos. They've made me think about things in a different way.

U

UrsinusMaximus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agreed. Watching Doug and Alec Torelli's videos really got me starting to think in terms of ranges. Before, I would bet strong hands that weren't the nuts in order to not give the opponent a free card, but then Doug explained if you bet all your strong hands, your opponent will begin to realise you are weak when you check etc.

T

Two6JJ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Doug is one of the many sources of poker knowledge that has made the search for a relevant book needless

Leprekahn

Leprekahn

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I came on CC just now to see if anyone had a thread on Doug Polker or I would of started one.

I agree with everything you said about him and I feel the same way about the way he approaches the game. Im looking to educate myself more about it.

His humor is awesome lol. I love the first vid he put luke's graph up and didnt even say a word about it lmao!

Drhat63

Drhat63

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
While I do like Doug's break-down of thought process, Alec is a better speaker, along with great thinker of the game. Someone PLZ PLZ tell Doug to open his eyes when he is talking, I don't trust it!!!

B

biops

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really like doug's vídeos, they're very usefull to me as it helps me to improve my game and knowledge about it a also improves my english too haha

php12345

php12345

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really intersting youtube channel. I've been watching a lot of his vids recently.

SaintNick1968

SaintNick1968

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really fun and useful videos. I think that his poker hands videos are very useful because learning from expert players like him is more useful than trying to learn from moderately successful players who stream on Twitch. The videos really help me to think about the game in the right way. They're far more entertaining than other methods of studying as well.