Doug Polk

PackinPat

PackinPat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you all think about Doug Polk the high stakes poker player quiting because he is bored with poker? He made his goal of working his way up through the micro stakes to a bankroll of $10,000.

mk0523

mk0523

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think its a great decision if he is bored. Why force yourself to play a game if your not interested in playing? Is he actually quitting poker totally or is he just cooling down and only playing major events?

S

Slacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think he is truly "quitting", just won't be his main source of income any longer. I get what he's saying though. There's nothing more to prove to himself in poker and he wants to spend his time and money focusing on other things.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What do you all think about Doug Polk the high stakes poker player quiting because he is bored with poker? He made his goal of working his way up through the micro stakes to a bankroll of $10,000.

I like Doug a lot , and he isn't quitting... He said last night on his stream even that he just isn't interested in playing right now. I am sure he is just burn out, and wants to explore other hobbies and find other ways to entertain his self. He even said I am not retiring and who knows how I will feel even months from now. I just want to do other things right now. makes sense to me.

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No sense playing if you’re bored and not focused. A sure fire way to lose money, especially against high end players. A good idea to step away and come back when you have the desire again.

NoPlace4U

NoPlace4U

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The truth of the matter is poker isn't as fun as it used to be and its getting harder by the minute.

J

Joe702

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe he just needs a break[emoji846]Poker sounds like an awesome job, but it’s a hard grind.

Ahoy

Ahoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Likeable guy, Im a fan. Good training site and also a good free content. Funny to watch. I like how he opens his mouth even if it is not "correct".

I will miss his stream

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can't imagine him quitting, taking a break most likely. Sure everyone who has played for a long time and grinding it long hours has taking their share of breaks.

H

have

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to each

to each his own i guess but most likely more to it. havefunAA:D

ff48

ff48

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think he is one of the best NL players in the world. But not as good as OtB_Redbaron or 1nvoker.

shanest

shanest

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
Doug is great for poker. He puts out great content, doesn't take himself too seriously.
I don't think it is the last of him we will see in poker. He might just need a break for a couple of years and he will get the itch again.
It was great watching his bankroll challenge. I was hoping it would take longer so we could watch more streams but respect for the final run.

S

sryImPro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

He did pretty much everything in poker, i can understand his retirement because when you pass all the levels in any game you probably feel it's not fun anymore. I play video games so when i come all the way to the end, i buy another one :D However, for Polk's fans out there, i believe he's gonna be back, it's just a matter of months

PackinPat

PackinPat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow thanks for all the responses. I agree with every post. He's a good guy, good for the game, a good player and he will be back.