Donate plasma for an easy bankroll?

Ecolando

Ecolando

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've never done it, but I just thought about donating my plasma as a guilt free way to support my poker hobby.

They usually pay 50-100$ per donation depending on your weight. And you can donate up to once a week. Anyone do this?

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I don't know where you are from but in the U.S. you can donate twice in a seven day period. Plasma is needed but make no mistake companies are mostly for profit and making a lot of money on your donation. Donating may have a positive affect on your bad cholesterol.
Bad news, plasma donation needles are huge and you will have permanent scarring if yo donate regularly. I would not recommend you donate often and if you do donate only donate for altruistic reasons not for poker money.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I learn something new here everyday. After reading this thread I did some checking. I had no idea that plasma donations were paid here in canada. I agree that playing poker isn't the best reason for making a donation, but it would give you something to do while donating.

K

kalelisback

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've never done it, but I just thought about donating my plasma as a guilt free way to support my poker hobby.

They usually pay 50-100$ per donation depending on your weight. And you can donate up to once a week. Anyone do this?

I may take your idea and try and give my bankroll an extreme boost:

1st stop - plasma donation - $75
2nd stop - sperm donation - $50
3rd stop - clinical trial testing patient - $200

Should cover my month :):):)

however, if a clinical trial goes wrong, the side affects may set me back a few months.......lets minus the last stop

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never thought of it. Did it the old fashion way, won some free rolls and built it up.

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good plan, I have donated in the past. They just load a prepaid visa and I let it build up until I need it. Where I am at can be between 300-400 dollars a month. I am on hold at the moment because I had my gall bladder removed and have to wait 6 months until I can donate again. Thanks for the ideal.

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I remember looking into plasma donation in the early 80's, didn't need the money that badly, but it would have been nice. Maybe the process is not as invasive today and i don't remember the details just that I read what was involved and thought ~ Nope not doing that !!!

Last edited:
zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mate, don't take it the wrong way, but only a very lazy person who really loves poker would donate plasma for poker money :). Since you live in the US, have you considered doing a little bit of work, some odd job, mowing a lawn, washing some dishes at your local restaurant or something?

rj_montana

rj_montana

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
anybody watch the trailer park boys? ripping the plumbing out of the wall for liquor money lol

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
In fact, everyone starts with plasma, then they donate the refrigerator, then the car, and so you are left without an apartment. I think this is the initial stage of addiction and you need to see a psychologist.

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Hello.
In fact, everyone starts with plasma, then they donate the refrigerator, then the car, and so you are left without an apartment. I think this is the initial stage of addiction and you need to see a psychologist.
While I generally agree with this statement, usually "sells one's own blood" comes after car. :eek:

Brandlad

Brandlad

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol. I have not thought about donating my plasma to satisfy my poker appetite. It is just like donating the plasma to get some weeds by the addicted community.

Vlad Tapu

Vlad Tapu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh snap.. I'm at 60 kg only. Really need to start eat more and smoke less so I can do that, haha

armoko

armoko

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it sounds weird I would recommend you to get some part time job where you can significantly build your bankroll in a short time

Ecolando

Ecolando

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some of you are missing the point. I already have a job that pays me well and I can certainly justify using some of those funds, but donating plasma would make me feel less guilty and it would be cool to build up from just a few donations.. Also it is pretty quick and easy way to make $50 so what's the harm in that?

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You thought about harm to your health in blood donation? As far as I know, once it doesn’t hurt you. Frequent blood donations can cause you problems.

Ecolando

Ecolando

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You thought about harm to your health in blood donation? As far as I know, once it doesn’t hurt you. Frequent blood donations can cause you problems.

Yes I have. I wouldn't go beyond what is safe and not permanently damaging. I'm not well enough informed on this specifically.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No thanks, mate.I can play freerolls and do it well.Sometimes,there are weird things we read.

M

moosepaw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you want to feel like a piece of cattle for a few hours then go ahead :)

Z

zhilipp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I often donate Blood for free because it helps people. But i think its better to help them for the wrong reasons than not helping at all.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Donating blood is a good thing,,,,it saves lives. :icon_flow

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

however, if a clinical trial goes wrong, the side affects may set me back a few months.......lets minus the last stop

Please don't post this price list in the chat box of pokerstars freerolls. :flute: Cause next day thousands of "Negreanu wannabees" will be standing in line :burnout:to nearest "sperm donation office".:icon_joke

Navin Sarabjeet

Navin Sarabjeet

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
SR
Chips

I agree with Matt.
Each day we learn something new here, buttttt...
Shouldn't these posts be in the funny section???:dancing2::dancing2:

Hillarious :secruity:

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Where do you guys all live?
Because in Belgium donating blood and plasma is for free.
You do get a ticket for the cinema every 3 three times, but that's it.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management