Does the weather have an impact on your game?

almanik

almanik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes weather are very important. Especially for people who have problems whith health.
I like to play poker when it's raining. Really even don't know why...

robertocoelho

robertocoelho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also have difficulty staying focused many hours in the summer worse.

I love poker, but I find that in the summer heat I really do not want to play in long (big) MTT's. and I primarily play MTT's. I lose patience, lose interest - as it is increasingly uncomfortable to sit in the same place for hours.
I'm turning to sng's but I enjoy them far less.
Is it just me?

bossbran

bossbran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It affects me so much.. because here in the philippines if bad weathers come in, electricity and internet is not working properly.. thats why cant play much and my mood of playing will crash.. as i crash all my money in cash games.. but its okay.. i will learn my lesson playing omaha.. and omaha hilo..

I

insidious96

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my case it has a huge impact because it's hot and not support this weather.I did not concentrate on the game because of this time.

A

angadmath92

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No! Weathe does not impact playing in pokersites. You have to decide which hand to play and which hand not to play. Its up to you I guess.

skull89

skull89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it depends of the personality of each one. For me, particularly, doesn't matter. I can play with the same focus in any weather. But some people gets unfocused easily for many reasons, each one has yours. That's one point every player who wants to get better have to improve.

Robert Krawczak

Robert Krawczak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When i play online poker the weather dont really change my game cause almost all of the games i listen to the music and do not hear when it's raining or blows. But on live poker tournaments the more stuffy weather is the more mistakes i have

E

eudaimonia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love poker, but I find that in the summer heat I really do not want to play in long (big) MTT's. and I primarily play MTT's. I lose patience, lose interest - as it is increasingly uncomfortable to sit in the same place for hours.
Is it just me?

Only when I play outdoors. I do this more than you might think. I find playing poolside or at the beach very calming. I tilt much less than I do staring at my PC indoors.

VizziVizo

VizziVizo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course outside is sunny and your friends are calling you and ask to join their party, nobody would want to stay at home and play online poker for hours and hours, so I do not play poker in summer, just wait for autumn and start the action.

Gorak

Gorak

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't get myself to play online MTT's in this weather either & am losing interest to play. Pretty much the only time I'm playing is to use up Tokens that are expiring.
In the summer I greatly reduce my schedule. I have air conditioned so the temp inside is not a problem for me.

The problem is I'd rather be outside practicing my golf swing than playing MTTs. :D

R

rubendan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing poker while its raining outside its the best :D

rawbad

rawbad

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
that's weird you guys say weather effects I never thought about that but me no dosent matter

D

dsk1231

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is it just me?

If your'e not enjoying it you won't be on your A game so it's probably best to just not play if you're not going to be into it. I can see being more bored during summer cuz well it's summer. Go outside everyone once in a while. :)

651crusher

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In Minnesota bad snow days good for Canterbury running aces?

I'm trying to figure out what the situation is at the local poker room when there's a big snow storm.

Is it full of regs or is it more recreational?

I could go either way on this but would like to see if anyone has been at Canterbury or running aces either during or after a big snow fall.

I'm kinda torn about going to RA today because bravo poker App shows only a few tables of 2-100 and 3-6 kill

If I could call and ask the desk if it's full of regs I would but I dunno if they'd give me a straight answer..

H

heix24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
prefer to play poker if its raining, not playng football

bizarez

bizarez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably yes. Sudden changes in the weather causes the brain to slow down. The storm outside can be distracting. Soft dawn sun add sentiments.

shody

shody

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me personally it doesnt matter the weather,just play poker and have fun,make some money maybe.I have heard a lot of people saying winter is the best season for playing poker,but i dont know why.

WeenieSVK

WeenieSVK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This question would require some serious study :) But I think its like with everything else. If you dont feel comfortable in general, then you will not enjoy anything as much as you would in "perfect" conditions :)

Other thing is if weather also has impact on your decisions in game, not only comfort. For example, if its more depressing weather, like rainy and cold, does it make you (subconsciously) play more aggresive, less patience?

K

kidrock1211

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The weather only affects my poker when it knocks out my internet. or if there is to much snow to drive to a live game. lol

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Where I live is very hot during the day, I prefer to play the longer tournaments at night.

S

sean757

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker and Weather

I find that my game gets a little better in the summer months. I attribute this to having to put on less clothes which I figure must translate somehow in my brain to being more comfortable.

Ivab

Ivab

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play tournaments in any weather. Of course you need to create for themselves a comfortable game. But most importantly to me, so as not to distract one from poker.

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The weather affects my play because when the humidity is up my whole body hurts so bad I can't concentrate. I've had many injuries over my 52 years and they are all affected. In the heat I just grab the laptop and lie on the bed with the air conditioner on high!!!:D:D

Havik

Havik

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I found out that I play insanely good for some reason during a raging thunderstorm.

Top 10 Games