Does Motivation Change Your Game?

A

azgeda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Does motivation change your game? Do you play regularly, or only when you have motivation?

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think promotions motivate me to play more.

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play daily, and what motivates me is being able to finish in the money regularly, and being able to "outsmart" the competition.

Many times, they "outsmart" me, which motivates me, even more.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lot of different things motivate me to play. Performance is always better when some of those components are there.

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, motivation is very important, you have to feel motivated when playing, always before playing I play good music and motivate myself and sometimes when we are in bad times I also look to see motivational videos to keep moving forward.
We have to play even more when we have those good energies, because when we are tired or fatigued it is better to rest and play later or the next day.

skalibur

skalibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
every day

Does motivation change your game? Do you play regularly, or only when you have motivation?
I play every day more when we are more motivated the vision of the game is different We play more and we don't make many wrong moves

MURDACK

MURDACK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Motivation is a key factor in my opinion.
I believe that you need to be concentrated and if there is no motivation you will not pursuit to be on top of the odds and your opponent

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually, I have it backwards, I reckon. Once I start play, I get really motivated.

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I often play poker when I have free time but when I feel upset or depressed, I don't have any motivation to play, I take a break instead.

A

Aguna

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Set the right goals for yourself, analyze your game and your thoughts about poker when you have an upstream or downstream flow. Be prepared for this and stay motivated to play no matter the results.

adoadoado76

adoadoado76

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:)

I play when I'm in the mood to play, when I have time, but now lately I have more time because of the pandemic. It's better to hang out like this than live and risk catching the virus:confused::confused:

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only play when I have motivation. Unfortunately, I always have motivation. :D

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lately I don’t have much time to play, so I proportionately lose my motivation. Most of the time I’m tired from my job and I use my free time to relax and spend with my family and friends.

H

helenag

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
100% it does for me. I can only play when I'm motivated, otherwise I find that I just want to play every hand and be ballsy because I don't care as much if I lose, especially if its for small winnings.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I play when there is a desire to play. There is always a motivation to win.

B

bioman420

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Inspiration is the key to success, all thought actions come to fruition, follow your intuitions, fight, pray and prosper that victory is certain.

maestro121920

maestro121920

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
motivation is very important, and mine is having a concrete goal is my motivation

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think motivation leads to focus. You will play better when you are focused. Also, if you are motivated, you should be spending time studying. The more you study, the better you will play.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I play when I feel like it and I leave motivated that maybe I will win, if it doesn't happen I stay with the pleasure of the game until next time

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
Yes, motivation does change my play or how much I put in effort and thought into it. I play only when I have motivation to do so, so not regularly.

J

Jlo111888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
beginning to nothing to high level

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Definitely.

I play regularly, but as often as I have been motivated, I have come to cash in tournaments.

J

jesusali1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I can make my hands real again and my strategies don't fail I always have a chance to win and with that comes the motivation to get better in the tournament but still it is a double edged sword, that could give you too much confidence to make many bad decisions, it is better to avoid mistakes with stronger hands or well planned strategies, for which I have to relax and think that I am losing and play rock.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it’s important to be in the mood for the game. Of course, anyone who plays poker professionally doesn't think they're always interested.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I am always motivated to play poker. The only time it may change my game play it when its something I really want to win in. I will only play that game and my concentration level is higher. Other than that I am always game for poker.

Top 10 Games