Does Hachem have a point or not?

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hachem doesnt understand the advantages of super, hyper aggressive play especially in an event like this where most ppl are nits

hachem is a nit

hachem is a douche

Last edited:
GeoffLacey

GeoffLacey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hachem deserves to run good just one time

coolnout

coolnout

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Terrible rant. This is like making a Phil Hellmuth rant news.

Cheezymadman

Cheezymadman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The day the main event becomes a donkament is the day I shoot myself in the head.

Or just give up poker. Whichever one seems like an easier decision to make at the time. :D

S

swissarmy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I enjoyed watching his run to win the main event but since then whenever I have seen him on tv he comes off pretty arrogant and annoying...he does seem to whine a lot for a guy that won the main event and has put up some good results since then...I think maybe I just like a guy like Greg Raymer more who accepts his victory's and defeats with class and seems to live by the "that's poker" motto

Infamous1020

Infamous1020

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
The day the main event becomes a donkament is the day I shoot myself in the head.

Or just give up poker. Whichever one seems like an easier decision to make at the time. :D

dont wanna live too long i see

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

the main event is a donkament

Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This part makes some sense ..................

"Look, their style may be the way they play on the Internet and that's what they've got to do because they can open up another tournament every 10 seconds," Hachem said. "It's fine, right, but you're playing here, you got so much time, you got so much going for you and these guys just want to go to war every hand.

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This part makes some sense ..................

"Look, their style may be the way they play on the Internet and that's what they've got to do because they can open up another tournament every 10 seconds," Hachem said. "It's fine, right, but you're playing here, you got so much time, you got so much going for you and these guys just want to go to war every hand.
the reason they "want to go to war every hand" is because no one else wants to, thus winning a lot of small pots and get action when having big hands

Wolfpack43ACC

Wolfpack43ACC

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hachem is entitled to his opinion, and kind've agree because the proof is in the pudding. Even Sebok on his Twitter was laughing about all these over aggressive players getting it in with marginal hands, because they were freaking out because they were below the average chip count.

They were not playing their stack based on the blinds, and they could've been a lot more patient. It does take the fun out of the tournament when it seems like a turbo shovefest, when the structure doesn't force that kind of action at all so I can understand Joe's frustration.

Just the wrong time to express it IMO.

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hachem cannot beat the over aggressive players and thus he is angry

listen, if it is so bad, why cant he exploit it?

R

rStormChaser

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hachem's and idiot he should STFU and work on his own game instead of complaining about how other people play. And besides would you rather be at a table full of hyper aggr donks or a table full of pros

S

swissarmy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
he is still alive right?...he seems to have found a way to play them so why complain

Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hachem cannot beat the over aggressive players and thus he is angry

listen, if it is so bad, why cant he exploit it?

Hachem's and idiot he should STFU and work on his own game instead of complaining about how other people play. And besides would you rather be at a table full of hyper aggr donks or a table full of pros

I believe he is doing ok. Making it down to the last 130 players or whatever and still playing ( that I am aware of )

Implied Odds3

Implied Odds3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He's right to a degree but i would have kept it to myself and tried to exploit it.

I believe he is doing ok. Making it down to the last 130 players or whatever and still playing ( that I am aware of )

That's better than okay!

Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We're playing for one of the biggest prizes in history and they're getting ... five hundred million blinds in there with second pair," Hachem said. "To me, the reason I'm upset is because it's disrespectful. We're playing in the world series, we're not just having fun at a local home game. These guys are pushing chips around like it's nothing

[X] If hachem could exploit this he wouldn't be upset

[X] Hachem is a douche

[X] I hope an internet "hypo aggro" knocks him out

Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who is to say he hasn't exploited it already?

Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it just doesn't make sense to exploit it, then bitch about it.

It would be like stacking a donk, then telling him how to play the hand where he doesn't loose his money.

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who is to say he hasn't exploited it already?

I don't think Hachemwould be moaning if had found an exploit to hyper aggressive play. I don't think he could be commenting either way. I certainly don't think e would be harping on about how he has their strategy beat either, I just don't think he would mention it either way.

Snowmobiler

Snowmobiler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't see Hachem whining about a style that he can't exploit.He is a smart dude and likely has an angle he's exploiting.If not I would be surprised.

Snow :cool:

Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it just doesn't make sense to exploit it, then bitch about it.

It would be like stacking a donk, then telling him how to play the hand where he doesn't loose his money.

In the link provided he is mainly talking about how they are shoving huge amounts that doesn't reflect the current blinds and ante's etc. That in his view it comes across as disrespectful and that they only appear to have one move.

I think his comments arise partly because, as a past ME winner, he sees things in a certain way. If that's the case then bitching and exploiting at the same time is very possible.

For all any of us know, he might have exploited and busted plenty of the kind of players he is talking about. Only he knows for sure.

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1 think i forgot to ask, how the hell is playing hyper agressive disrespectful?