Does the game change your attitude towards life?

samircyber9

samircyber9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When the game starts, the dream to win millions, quit a steady job and live a new life :) The more we are involved in it, the more we find new confidence :) More deliberately we start to make decisions in life situations, evaluate each step, learning to control the extra emoticons, learning to see other people :) Has anyone noticed any changes in yourself?

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker has completely changed my attitude to life, it has become easier and more fun to live.

C

Clutchdenier

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends if you can seperate the emotion from the variance - which is hard for any human to do but a very valuable skill when taught and done right.

Poker can teach you a lot about life, thats for sure.

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No. I clearly separate poker and my life. Playing poker does not have any effect, only requires me to have free time and concentration of attention. When I exit the client, everything ends there. I don't think about poker the whole day before the tournament starts. Sometimes I also go to the forum to create a post on a topic that is interesting to me.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker has helped me a lot to survive unpleasant moments in my life! Thanks to him, I realized that in life you have to work hard and everything will work out!

Leeyonah96

Leeyonah96

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker taught how to extend my patience. lol

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker gives the illusion of easy money
this is a lie

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Poker means selfcontrol, discipline and the ability to take decisions not necessarily in your favour.
If one gets better and better in poker, and applies these in real life too, he has lots to benefit from it!

JordanH

JordanH

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think in terms of odds now much more. And I realize that a low odds proposition is definitely not the same as a proposition with no chance of happening.

cardcounter

cardcounter

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Poker is like life. Hard work wins.

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Poker is like life. Hard work wins.
Interesting, but I view it in quite the opposite way: Sometimes, despite all your hard work and professionalism, you're still bound to fail due to circumstances which were outside of your control. Sometimes it feels like that no matter what you did, the universe itself conspired against you to prevent you from reaching victory. And still I think that both perspectives are valid.

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
no for me......i have my life with my family and my friend and on the other way the poker who take a part of my life

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Interesting, but I view it in quite the opposite way: Sometimes, despite all your hard work and professionalism, you're still bound to fail due to circumstances which were outside of your control. Sometimes it feels like that no matter what you did, the universe itself conspired against you to prevent you from reaching victory. And still I think that both perspectives are valid.

Your correct but with hard work and professionalism, you are more likely to put yourself in a position to win. You may never win but its just better chance you may win.

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think I learned to use some approachs of poker in my life.

O

Ozzy Gray

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker has taught me to bluff and be careful with other people, with life in general.

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The poker game for me is just one of the computer games for fun. It doesn't affect me in any way.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some lessons that you learn from poker are definitely usable in normal life also. Like the ability to quickly assess risk, ways to better control your own emotions and take rational decisions for example. I can't say that poker changed my life dramatically but it definitely helped me to improve some aspects of it.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
we must never make this mistake, we must keep in mind that it is just a game, and even if the killer is very aggressive and plays badly, he can be a good man in everyday life.:)

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It doesn't change my lifestyle, it gives me the emotions I need after a day of work

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Definitely poker has changed my life for the better. Thanks to this wonderful game, I became more patient and focused in my personal life.

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When the game starts, the dream to win millions, quit a steady job and live a new life :) The more we are involved in it, the more we find new confidence :) More deliberately we start to make decisions in life situations, evaluate each step, learning to control the extra emoticons, learning to see other people :) Has anyone noticed any changes in yourself?
Initially, when I started playing poker, I thought that now my life will change and I will earn money playing poker and everything will be fine, but this did not happen! Now I really understand that poker is just a hobby for me and I only play it when I have free time! In general, poker did not affect me in any way! Good luck at the tables!

coolDadJimbo

coolDadJimbo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker has helped me with my mindset.... i am way more positive and take stuff in stride and less likely to get riled up. even if i do, i am more self aware and can see what is happening....
even idiot drivers don't bother me.... i just consider them fish behnd the wheel lol

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It's a good idea, poker can change your life, some things can be learned in behavior patterns and observations of players in real life, but in terms of other qualities it depends on each person personally, if before poker I am the same as I am now.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

The reverse of this can be enlightening.

Study philosophy/psychology/spirituality, which some would call "The Art of Living."

As one learns this art of living, many aspects of it (from it) can be applied to poker.

In a way, the poker table can be a testing ground of what one has learned philosophically/psychologically/spiritually.

I have witnessed a transformation in my approach to poker over the past 2 years from this very practice. :)

StomatologT

StomatologT

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Of course it changes, but you should always understand that for 80% of players it is just a game, a hobby, and not the main way to earn money, so just drop everything, work, studies, just to try to achieve something in poker - not reasonable. :)

I've noticed myself that now I start to calculate where every choice will lead me in life, and not to make it unconsciously. I understand people's psychology more, and that means it is easier to understand different tricks from their side, this skill helps a lot in life, and sometimes can even save you. ;)

Top 10 Games