Does fear hinder victory?

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello friends Poker players from around the world.

Do you think fear is an ally when winning a tournament or don't you think fear can hinder your victory?

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

Do you think fear is an ally when winning a tournament or don't you think fear can hinder your victory?
Hello, I believe that fear in poker has two sides, it sometimes interferes and sometimes allows you to win! I am still completely new to poker, but already in this short time that I play it, it became clear to me that "poker is a game of bold and decisive"! I threw the cards into the pass many times and then regretted it, but I think that if you are not sure about your actions, then it is better not to make them, otherwise you can make many mistakes and lose your entire stack! Train more and over time you will achieve your goals! I wish you good luck at the tables and beyond!

darthjewel

darthjewel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fear is a natural human emotion and one should not try to fight with it.
I think that one needs to build the confidence in their poker skills
and that would naturally overcome ( balance ) the fear.
Only gamblers play with no fear.

However,
in high school I was afraid of learning how to swim, but then I was pushed into the swimming pool,
and I am still alive with no special fear of water.

M

MimiMLZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being cautious vs being afraid

When playing tournaments, fear should be controled, I think. Sometimes, it may stops from making the right move. I think there is a difference between being afraid and being cautious. When you are cautious and you know what you are doing, doesn't necessarily mean that you are afraid.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Once I had to play with a very expensive ticket won $ 1000. I didn't spend a cent to win it. But nevertheless, the very cost of the ticket and what I had to deal with was scary. I had never had more than $ 100 in my bankroll before. So the fear did not leave me during the whole game. I was afraid to waste the chips on the table. I very much weighed the pros and cons before each move. I think it was fear that played a big role in winning the 3K prize.

J

jeffman123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely. Playing with emotion is always going to lead you to making mistakes when playing poker. Fear is one of the worst emotions to have at the poker table.

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Winning and losing tournaments is part, fear usually gets in the way of decision making, so it's a variable to avoid (if possible)

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

I think that, unless you are playing high stakes, fear should not even enter into your game.
Your strategy of play and volume are such that you need to have an edge and be able to exploit profitably. How profitably depends on the volume.

But your decision making should not involve fear at all. Call/Raise/Fold when it is the correct action to do so. If you feel fear, it sounds like you might be in over your head and bordering on gambling. That is not really a good thing in poker.

Remember that being results oriented can be problematic. If you make the wrong play and are rewarded, this can lead to more poor plays. When you make the right play, your mood should be curiosity rather than hope/fear. To play at your best, emotion needs to be kept in check...something which becomes easier to do with thousands and thousands more hands.

Best of Luck!
Cheers,
ObbleeXY

RickoNNN

RickoNNN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, yes, you can only succeed if you are brave, you have to take risks sometimes and lose your fear a little.

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, yes, you can only succeed if you are brave, you have to take risks sometimes and lose a little fear. [/QOTE]

Yes, sometimes more risking not too much also helps in building bigger stacks.:)

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
CERTAINLY. I'VE LOST SEVERAL HANDS FOR FEAR OF THE OPPONENTS' LETTERS. WE NEED TO TRAIN OUR PSYCHOLOGIST TO ANALYZE THE PLAYS WELL.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

It is totally like that, being aware of the victory is a mistake that most of us make