Does anyone get angry at slow players in every hand?

Pimp 007 x

Pimp 007 x

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't mind it if Im deep into a torunament and players with low stacks try to make the money, or a payjump is near.

However, some people will delay action every hand just to be annoying, that is unacceptable.

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea its sucks when people take a long time on purpose. I dont mind if sum1 doing it every now and then. I do only if im playin 2 tournys and slackin. Good luck.

M

Muzyka1996

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes of course slow players are just absolutely the nut low. It's so tilting beyond belief sometimes.

J

johnmaltz19

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think in live games it is sometimes annoying but online doesn't think it bothers me that much because you are dealt more hands online than playing live.

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not at all to the contrary it is a method of seeing what you could have at the time of playing each hand and knowing what you could have in your hand

SightUnseen

SightUnseen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To each their own, but when it comes to playing poker it's about putting in a ton of volume for more profit long term. I understand why some players stall to get in the money of tournaments but at the same time there are 9 players on a full ring table meaning there are 8 other players also trying to play the game without blinding out due to someone else stalling. One person shouldn't affect the gameplay for the other 8 players, they should be respectful and play in a timely manner, don't just stall for a min cash, Play To Win! Get that Trophy.

kkuk

kkuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hi.we are not angry,but it is immediately clear that the deer does not understand that in tournaments it is more profitable to play more hands on smaller bets.)

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I sometimes get the feeling that these slow players, during the hand, are trying to find the answer by drawing a hand in some book or on YouTube. To this extent, they Think for a long time. Or maybe the charts of the starting hands look at the same time.

C

CSLysander

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have played live cash games where we were all talking and having fun. The dealer was laughing because we had an hour that only 5 hands were played. That said, online times are not that slow, just we are stuck looking at a screen, so it seems like it is slow. Some people are more analytical than others. The person could think slower or is considering all possibilities. This is not slow if they are only taking 15 seconds. Now, if they keep dipping into the time bank, well, they could be attempting to put others on tilt to make their game easier.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Slow players are on every table. Relax have patience and let them play their game. Besides, that's why the timers are in use, regardless of how much time they take they only have so much time on the clock.

bekbollkz

bekbollkz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, slow players infuriate, but this is what some tactics have

K

kamil_charko

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
yes hate but allof time i just thinking do is lazy players or my internet speed xD

Sakisdask

Sakisdask

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
of course it bothers me but it is also a way or a good strategy for someone!

norwoox

norwoox

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I remember the times when I watched full videos (12 hours each) from tournaments where my idols played. My friends said that I was crazy, because there is a video of 40 minutes where the most interesting is. But it was interesting for me to observe how the players behave, how long they think, and make good decisions. In general, it is not bad to think for a long time.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
This annoyance is cured by opening more tables or having something to read/watch, since you have plenty of time one-tabling.

Although if it happens on the final table, and if it's the only one left, it indeed gets pretty annoying, not gonna lie.

M

mrwalleye

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that one reason i like low clock times

J

jimmydee99

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In poker it's really annoying, especially I tournaments with short blinds that are low buyins. 2 ir 3 hands can eat up an entire level sometimes

igroksash

igroksash

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Someone plays slowly - he just plays his game, if it makes you angry and annoying, then you need to work on yourself.

T

tigervball

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looks like the slow player is doing exactly what he set out to do! Lol. That or he is just learning and taking his time.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Annoyed is a better description than angry for my thoughts.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Does anyone get angry at slow players in every hand?" - No, it's part of poker. It always takes no time at all to burn through 15 thousand or more players getting to the bubble in big tournaments, then literally hours at hundreds of tables to break through to the money.

It's normal. Get a coffee, or a beer, put your feet up, and wait an hour or two. Sooner or later somebody blinds out and we're off to the races again.

Last edited:
B

bigthereal

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sure, slow players just make me sick

S

SharkFinn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do find it annoying when players consistently take a long time preflop, where a lot of decisions should really be fairly straightforward. But I don't mind people taking their time post flop where there's more information to assess.

I do intentionally slow down my decisions at times for strategic purposes. For example if I'm checking and don't want an opponent to raise, I'll let my clock run down a bit before checking to make it look like I'm thinking about raising, so my opponents might think I'm going to check raise. I think that's all part of the game.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands