Do your results depend on skill or luck?

P

ppartizan2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No matter how good or bad you are in the game of poker,you mainly win hands by cards and luck.Yes bluffing is a big part of the game,but you can bluff 3 4 times and people will catch onto you.So in the end,its all about luck.

FlushyFab

FlushyFab

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Technically you need both to win in poker. Yes you can be more skilled then some donkeys. But your cards still have to hold up. After the flop, turn and river.

L

Lochika

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a short term it could be the luck, but over long period the skill is playing as the main factor.
I recommend you to go over your hand history after every session and check if you played it right. It will help you to do the separation btween luck and skill.

kanogott

kanogott

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I think you need both. In my game my if i would come into the money skill is in average situation enough. But if i would make a deep run it is necessary to get some luck. But the luck could be in different ways. Not only that flips be on your side. Other things are which people are sitting on your table.

telespf

telespf

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would like

For you win a tournament you need to have lucky

Without lucky you won’t

at less little lucky you need for win

I think that you can’t to win a tournament if you can’t to have lucky.

Until for you received good cards in good condicions

You need to be skilleder for you know get out of bad situations, but lucky it’s very necessary

SAKhur

SAKhur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My winnings depended on luck when I started learning this game 10 years ago. I couldn't increase my bankroll in any way because I rarely won. I gained experience over time, started playing more stable and without mental mood swings. I don't worry when I'm beaten by some lucky newcomer. I know that I will win at the distance.

Last edited:
M

Mercury7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a short term it could be the luck, but over long period the skill is playing as the main factor.
I recommend you to go over your hand history after every session and check if you played it right. It will help you to do the separation btween luck and skill.

You got ahead of me. I absolutely agree with you.
Results depend mainly on skill.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hmm, i would have to say a bit of both, im not the most skilled player and not the most luckiest either. but i would like to think i am skilled enough and earn any money i make.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
skill and luck both play parts in your final result. they go hand in hand

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
in the end all is about luck , if you are lucky you will win ....the skill , my opinion, is before final table, after that is luck :)

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
My results depends on my lack of skill.

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck plays the biggest part in the short term, skill in the long term. For instance, I called an all-in with AA against someone who had 55 yesterday. His all-in was ridiculous, betting early in a nine handed game. The blinds weren't even enough yet to justify such a bet. We both flopped a set. Then he drew the case 5 on the river. My wife was sitting next to me and watching the game. I told her, "Wow, that guy just drew out on me with 46 to 1 odds against him." She asked, "What were the odds before the flop?" "About 4.5 to 1 against him." She said, "Doesn't that bother you?" I answered, "No, because I know in the long run, I'll be making a hell of a lot more money playing poker than him and I hope to run into him again someday. "

stampide

stampide

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think depend more from skill

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
of course 90% of your level of play depends on poker, but there is another 10% that always prevent you from winning and this is luck

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I am Pharaoh Ramses 2 and I play poker;: Do you consider that the results depend on your ability and not on luck or chance? luck at the tables.:icon_fara
Not only on ability but you also have luck without that you will lose every time

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
Hello, I am Pharaoh Ramses 2 and I play poker;: Do you consider that the results depend on your ability and not on luck or chance? luck at the tables.:icon_fara
As you learn and play at the tables, you will acquire greater skills, however I leave you the message of the great Phil Hellmut in my footer.

P

pokerD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I think it depends largely on your ability and only a little bit of luck.

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
luck - get it in good, gotta win them plus a few flips to go deep. even playing well, some days can be out early all day long.

F

Foxie12340

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A little of both…you can have a lot of skill but you have to have a little luck to go with it.

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At a distance, my results depend only on skill.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Fortune favors the bold, ladies and gentlemen. Therefore, pump your abilities so that luck always accompanies.

mateuszjason

mateuszjason

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
luck and skills same way.

Also a discipline and patient.

Pindiez

Pindiez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, in this game is 80% skills and 20% luck. You must study, analyze and have a lot of patience in poker. The skills are really relevant😀

EnzoRS94

EnzoRS94

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
gambling is purely luck but in the case of poker, there is skill involved. let's say 50/50