Do your results depend on skill or luck?

M

mouTAT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Winning players in longg term is only about skills u won't have luck on your side very often

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In many ways, it all depends on the ability to play poker. And only 30-25% of luck, unless of course you abuse your luck. Otherwise, luck will generally take most of the skill and, therefore, there will be less to win.

P

padman400

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cash play is Skill
Tournaments is luck

A

AllOut

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We always tend to depend on our skills if we run good and win the game. For me it's mostly luck however skills will help us to extract more value from hands and make best choices in cruicial spots. Certainly we need both although a bit more luck than anyhing in my opinion. Yesterday I got knocked out of tourney after shoving 77 against guy called with J10. Jack came on riverr and I lost, he went to be won the game. <Luck

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Good Question. There's a phrase that I recall that goes something like this; "odds are and if you are lucky...". That kind of rounds it all up. It takes skill to know your odds and if you are lucky the odds play in your favor.

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it depends on both, you need skill to read hands and get out of a hand even if you have a strong hand, and read people who are stronger than you in that hand,

But also it takes some luck hitting your cards and being dealt good hards..
without luck nobody will ever win anything, there is also some luck involved

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yep,,,all luck. :rolleyes:

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that the results depend on luck added to your skill because it's no use taking AA three times in a row and going all in preflop in UTG 3, that is, we have to work better with hand strengths to be able to collect the maximum amount of chips without being overly daring , calm is everything in poker.:eek:

blackknives

blackknives

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
luck for the first part at the very least, hyper/turbo
after that if i can make it far enough a mix of some luck, and skill
in person, more skill than luck usually but i get my bad beats, but also my lucky rivers at times

L

Lucky_Shark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My long-term results depend on my skills. But without luck, it would be more difficult to take the first places. In my case, 20% luck and 80% skill.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

It depends on the two factors, if one of them does not accompany you, it is difficult to win!

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In poker, a lot depends on luck, if the hole cards do not match the table, in this case no skills will help you !!!

LadderingUp

LadderingUp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Skill puts you in a position to receive the luck.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
My results are results of my skills, of course with the help of luck! The most important of the two are the skills.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hard to win without some luck. Need to get good cards and need to have them hold up. Skill is involved in recognizing when you have an advantage.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
In the long term your results should be determined by your skill. In the short term it may be depended upon in your luck.

S

semi1406

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You cant always get lucky, but you can always use your skills

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To be a consistent player I really believe in skill, having luck along the way, better.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Totally skill. who says the opposite didnt learn about well played long term.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They say that luck plays a fundamental role in poker, I think that you make your luck by having good skills for the game. Although I have no doubt that there are games that depend much more on luck than skill, have you been in these Hyper games? There it is shown that skill hardly plays a roll as important as luck. Regards.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If someone plays a tournament and wins it, it is more by luck, but in the long run the best players will win money, those who study, those who have good bank management, etc.