Do you think you can discover the type of player you are according to your nationalit

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The other day I saw a live of a professional player and I was struck by a play where the rival plays all in and the professional says which country the rival will be from and realizes that he is from brazil and then decides to pay him the all in . The rival was bluffing and the professional realized his exact words were: he is from Brazil, they are very bluffing. So my question is? Can you discover the type of play according to your country? what is your opinion?

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think all this is just an approximate attempt to find out the weaknesses and strengths of the opponent by origin.

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, I´m from Brazil and definitely we don´t play the same way, I do not even play the same way in tourneys that I play at rings!

I don´t believe the player´s country could be counted as a tell, you have other factors for guessing the villain´s starting hand, you must see the context/metagame behind it.

About this player speech: Not even all the Brazilian are very bluffing, notice that bluffing is part of the game and if you don´t do it you are not playing real poker, I´m sure he is taking several reading based on the meta game beyond the nationality.

Regards

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
There do seem to be styles of play from different areas of the world. Hell, even in the US there is a difference in style from east and west cost. Do I believe you can use this information to your advantage? Yes and no. I have played against a crazy player that would fit into once style of play. The problem is he is not from one of those perceived areas of the word. I also know of a player who is from one of the areas where people are very aggressive. They are not. Lets say I playing against someone from a very aggressive area of the world. Without playing them I will put them is a probably aggressor player but would never count that s fact. They will need to prove they are before i label them in any form.

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is a misconception. Every country has strong and weak players with different styles.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always try to approach each player individually. But yes, for each country there are features of the game for players. And I think that I can approximately determine the country of the player by the manner of the game. But I do not advise relying on this data, any player can change the style of the game regardless of the nation, it all depends on how experienced the player is.

PeLLeTTi

PeLLeTTi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think there is a pattern by nationality. I'm from Brazil and here there are several different game styles depending on the player's personality. I think that this nationality thing is not very connected, mainly because the study software is all in English and all countries have the same capacity to exercise studies through them. I think it was more a case of coincidence than a trend.

M

madmandown

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, kinda but overall it completely depends on the individual type not the nationality as a whole but as I'm from india that's why I know asian player are aggressive and loose player so yeah i can say that it's a thing you too consider while playing but see how many hands he played so far in your table.

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
no way, it's just coincidence, he is just doing that for show but not accurate

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think that the mindset of a poker player depends on his character and IQ, and nationality does not play a role here.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It makes no sense to guess which country the rival is from.

YRAGAGARIN

YRAGAGARIN

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course not, it is impossible to determine which country a poker player is from:D