Do you think poker is more about skills, luck, or intelligence?

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everything is needed to win a tournament. If you don't have one of these you can't win.

Pulse_69

Pulse_69

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
I think that everything should be here, because one does not always work without the other.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
well... I try not to see poker as a game of luck... I study it a lot and it's a game of probabilities... so the correct use of mathematics combined with intelligence to have a good reading of my opponents will allow me to have the best chances of winning most of the time... understanding that there will be times that I will lose but as long as they are the least... I will end up being successful

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, all three are important, but I would put them in this order: intelligence, skill and luck.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morning.Skills,a lot of patience are some luck are required.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a game of skill, but patience is equally important to withstand bad luck/downswing.

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Skill can be overcome by training, most of the time, luck is luck, what to say, I recommend not counting on it, although sometimes it will save you. Intelligence can be a differential, but I faithfully believe in training, training and hard studies are the best way to succeed. Besides patience, of course, I could say that it is one of the main points for a good poker player.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
skill needs experience intelligence and luck all this data is needed in poker if you don't have this data, you won't see a win in poker in the same quality you won't go far in poker

tony2521

tony2521

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
Poker is a game mainly of patience, intelligence and ability, this set is what makes the difference between one player and another, luck is also part of the game but it does not define you as a good player. You can win a hand or a tournament by luck, but to be a real winner you must have intelligence, research, study, update yourself, put what you have learned into practice, have patience and skill. If you don't think so then why do you think the top players exist? To be among the best players you must be good and to be good you cannot depend on luck, because instead of playing poker you would be playing bingo.

R

Rmi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I believe that variance has its odds in poker, but the reality and those who know is that strategy is the most important thing in this game.

C

crazycitizen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Intelligence imo.
Naturally skilful players can fall apart with poor BRM and general life balance (amongst other things).
And luck-based players well...don't get me started :p

A

AndyB_10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I think making smart decisions is the key. Probablility wins in the long run. It cant be coincidence people get better by practice and study. It is a lot more complex than the flip of a coin. In person vs online also adds a huge dynamic.

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
So, what’s your opinion?

Obviously it takes a little bit of all, but what one do you think its the most important?
skill is the most important, the rest is part of the game

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say when your new to poker you rely more on luck but as you become a more seasoned player - skills, intelligence and experience are going to get you farther more often especially with a bit of added Luck.

B

bowserdon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
All 3, Patience ,knowledge of odds and of course Luck trumps all

E

eddusvha

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Good afternoon,

I believe that knowledge and experience are the most important skills.

What they call luck, I believe is the application of probability.

Working on these points in the long term is more successful than the “lucky” ones.

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
everything in aggregate, skill is of course in the first place, since this is the main factor in poker

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm wondering the difference between skill and intelligence?

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
SKILL and knowing the game are most important but everyone needs some luck to win a tourney.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
In my understanding poker is a process of choosing the right decision, which includes many different factors, so you need to have everything in order to be in the right place at the right time.

J

johnsonmad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A mixture of all 3 for sure.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think luck plays a major role in online poker, although skill and patience are also important.

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, luck online and skill for live.

Poker Tells