Do you think poker can be as popular as football for example?

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It seems to me that poker will not be able to take over the world in this way and gain such an audience, for example, as the same football

Poker is definitely the most popular card game. If, for example, football is the most popular sport, poker is the most popular card game. In my opinion, poker is already as popular as football.

kanogott

kanogott

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
In this world everything could be possible. There are some important facts that poker could be succesful as football. At first the rules are easy and so for nearly everybody to understand. If something would be succesful it must be easy to understand that most of the people could play that game or spoke about this sport. Another fact are the emotions. Sports depends on emotions and linking to the people heart. That also is possible in poker, if you win big cash or loose in a bad beat, this are true emotions which people fascinat. So some aspects are same but not only all. Football is an world sport. Every little child getting automatically in contact with a ball. In poker thats not so easy, to get involved.

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker

I think that if all the people who play poker could be counted we would find that there might be even more poker players in the world then football fans as poker is played Worldwide. Just my opinion..

GL all ! & cheers :D

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Poker is definitely the most popular card game. If, for example, football is the most popular sport, poker is the most popular card game. In my opinion, poker is already as popular as football.

Did some casual looking around on that there google thingie & don't see any compelling assertions that poker is even the most popular card game. :confused:

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This will not happen under the current conditions. You can't compare football where there are a lot of spectators and poker where mostly people take part in the game themselves, sports where physical training prevails and sports where intelligence is needed.
But everything is possible.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is not played by children, so it cannot be as popular and reach the same audience as football or other sports.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Poker has its place in the world with many followers. It won't be as popular as football, but it doesn't lack fans either!

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker will never become popular like football, basketball and at least 50 other sports.

W

Wtfimdoin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Stadiums with 60k people every weekend. So the answer is no

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd rather watch paint dry than watch soccer,,,, :rolleyes:

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
The similar question is can we compare Stars championship with theWorld soccer cup?

J

joschua_zimmer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker vs football

No definetly not.
gambling will always be for adults and will be criticised for ever.
Meanwhile football is and will be the main sport in most of the countries.
And to be honest i think thats a good thing. Poker should never be a sport or a hobby for to many people.
What are your opinions ?
:confused::confused:

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Did some casual looking around on that there google thingie & don't see any compelling assertions that poker is even the most popular card game. :confused:

I have expressed my opinion on this. I don't care what Google shows. If you do not agree then this is your right. :)

54m

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very different games to compare, But the questions is NO way!!! But poker keeps growing and growing and getting more popular every day!

reraee1

reraee1

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I hope it will become more popular than football! online poker has entered the market relatively recently

N

n0n4m3

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems to me that poker is as popular as football in a number of countries, because it is also a sport.

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It seems to me that poker will not be able to take over the world in this way and gain such an audience, for example, as the same football
Of course. Poker is the biggest (individual) sport out there. When you look at poker as a sport you must classify it as an individual sport such as Bowling, Tennis, Golf etc. The other sports are classified as team sports. And as far as participation is concerned you don't need to go to a special arena anyone can participate from the comfort of their own home.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I don't think this is such an easy question because how do you measure popularity? And when you talk about poker do you talk about poker in general or just Holdem? I think poker is a very popular game, but I don't think poker is intended for everyone either. It starts with the children, what would you like better that they sit in a room and play poker all day or that they go out and play soccer. (And yes, I know it is forbidden for children and that should be the case.) When it comes to the number of people who play poker, I believe that this is far more than you can imagine because in almost every conceivable country there are also people who play poker. But to be honest, I can't imagine that you go to a live tournament every weekend and then sit there from the start to the end of the tournament and watch poker. When it comes to me personally, say yes for me, poker is more popular than soccer simply because I don't like soccer

N

NoMore

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello
I would say that poker is more popular than football
because you can see it when you look at the number of views of poker videos

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately, poker will not be as popular as football in the near future. And in the future, why not, everything will depend on the legalization and promotion of gambling. But we can say for sure that poker will have its own audience at all times.

Majaloja

Majaloja

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Soccer is the king sport, much could be done if there were more publicity and the events were broadcast more. It would be a strong campaign to get closer to football.

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Probably not as popular as some sports and/or other popular activities(like watching movies, playing games etc.) but poker can be a great alternative as a hobby (or more) for many people...

JOSEALBERTV

JOSEALBERTV

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not at all, they are different categories, I don't think that happened, although I assume that many event organizers would like that, and not only them, we too, I think it would lead to a few restrictions being lifted in many countries, there would be a much greater influx of players both online and live, and that would increase substantially the pools in the tournaments, that would be wonderful