Do you think poker can be as popular as football for example?

Luka22guro

Luka22guro

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It seems to me that poker will not be able to take over the world in this way and gain such an audience, for example, as the same football

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I agree. Football is an institution in a lot of countries. Laws, stigma and an aversion to gambling means that poker will never become truly mainstream, but I do believe that we will see it become more popular again over time.

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Bologna

Sure. A lot of poker on tv. A lot of poker on line. A lot of home games. A lot of families play poker on holidays. You don't have to be an "athlete" to play. Anybody breathing can play. Disabled people can play. It may be as popular.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Well, I think it's if it's already overtaken :), it also depends on certain advertising factors ...

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like the accessibility of poker... I don't think it can be as popular as football but I think it has the potential to be much bigger

Last edited:
S

StressMit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is probably $$$ played by more people overall then Football or football.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont think it can be popular as football, football is the most popular sport in the world

K

KITAYAWA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, it's probably impossible because football is physical labor and poker is mental

zoy4749

zoy4749

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I definitely never play football, poker is gaining momentum and pays a lot of attention.

T

thesternburglar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No but.... For many years now the programming of TV have included much more poker related content. What they don't show is just how slow/boring a tournament can be. Lots of folds. They only show the highlight reel which is has the action to keep people tuned in.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
It seems to me that poker will not be able to take over the world in this way and gain such an audience, for example, as the same football

Obviously it does not. For example (to this day) kids probably would rather want to become professional football player rather than pro poker player - although in both categories only handful with these dreams actually manage it ...

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
In my opinion, it is incorrect to compare poker and football. Although I believe that poker is a sport, it is a completely different discipline than football. :)
Good luck.

dongato2

dongato2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love poker but I don't think it will become so popular since you see football since you were a child and poker is not something that you are taught as a child

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is already more popular than football, but due to the fact that poker is considered a game of chance for most of the uninitiated, only those who understand the game know about it.

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I don't see that as a detriment. The masses are asses, after all.

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think not, because many people do not want to sit in one place.

G

GoodMoon90

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think not, after all, poker is partly a game of chance, and will always be subject to some kind of ban from governments

Akuana

Akuana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As football definitely will not. I think it can become as popular as, for example, billiards or chess. Although I think poker is more popular than them.
The fact is that football is a spectator sport. It is watched even by those who do not play football, and even by those who do not play sports.
Chess, billiards or poker is not a spectator sport. It is observed mainly by those involved in these disciplines.

PeLLeTTi

PeLLeTTi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't believe this can become real one day, as football is much more democratic and rooted in our society. Most kids get a ball as a gift, imagine in a world we would give them cards?

G

GORA1979

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker and football

At this time, poker is no less popular than football!! It's just games of different categories!