Do you prefer to eat while playing poker, or not?

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don’t play tournaments. Cash right now. I like to have a full meal before playing. And stop afterwards and eat and not play. Only liquids during playing. Tournament that last more than 3-4 hours may be different story

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I would eat during a tournament if I am hungry but otherwise I try to eat something before I play or I would try to eat something small during a break.

sulzerrt

sulzerrt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I`m enjoying fruits and tea during poker sessions, good meals only before or after sessions.

Duxflux

Duxflux

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you mean live or online? It always depents what time i play. But generally i prepare my food in the evening and then start to play poker so i can fully concentrate on it. Same time you can eat while playing. Otherwise it would stress me if i get hungry during a tournament.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
no, never :); before I start playing poker I have a hearty meal :)and then get to work; eating while playing poker makes me lose my concentration :)

Dobbler1

Dobbler1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Eat. Usually a salad or soup. Something that I can just mindlessly scoop into my face. Cutting stuff would feel like a distraction I think. Definitely don't want to be distracted by feeling hungry.

S

Shooter74

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes yes....sometimes not....kkkkk

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
When I play poker, I like to eat toffee and soda.

S

ScottyDee

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tend not to eat it's distracting.

GiantBuddha

GiantBuddha

Poker Warrior - DTB Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to eat at the table pretty often. But I used to play really long sessions with no breaks. Don't think be doing it again anytime soon. Lots of food-related tells, but they can all be reversed if someone else knows them.

gigantbil

gigantbil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I always eat something, chips, crackers, or maybe even dumplings.

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually eat before tournament and during a couple of breaks but never while playing. I've noticed I feel better and make the correct decisions more often when slightly hungry while playing

A

Artexx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont like to eat while playing. Its distracting. But in a long session a few snacks here and there can keep your mind on track ��

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Poker requires food that increases concentration and stamina. There are many not-diet foods that are abused by today's poker players, and by all people in general.These are sandwiches,hamburgers,pizza and sodas-hence all the diseases. I prefer vegetables and fruits while playing.

B

beatlebug

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No I don't prefer to eat during my poker game. I like to play the game withought any food. Good luck to all.

Beatlebug

F

freedom4L

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, its distracting and feels inconvenient if you have to eat during your play

B

budweiser74777

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some delicious little things - nuts or seeds or dried fruits

A

Ac156519

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No! I don't like eating while playing poker, it's distracting. However, I like to eat during breaks, I like to eat snacks like chips, chocolate, peanuts etc. I don't like to eat while playing poker because I don't want to catch any germs, the chips passes through too many hands. I like to drink liquid though. I like to stay focus on the table while playing poker.:)

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I try to avoid it as much as possible. I hate handling cards with food covered hands and I find it distracting from what is happening at the table.

Jim:)

H

Hedz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, I feel like it's distracting and other than a couple of snacks at home if I'm playing online I don't ever eat during only drink

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's a bad habit. i'm not talking about poker. that makes you to eat more that you need.

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yes I do. The time of day I tend to play at is during meal time so I am often having something to eat while I play.