J

Jedrey

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I prefer AK, it gives me a better chance to win the pot, it also depends on turning over the table, I've already lost to smaller pairs holding AK.
JJ is also sensational, especially without hands up, or when you have a good amount of chips, for me JJ gives more security than AK this pre-flop.
We know more that holding AK or JJ we depend on the cards that come on the table to make our game and intimidate the other players.

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer AK. I would literally rather have any other pair than JJ. It just never wins and is hard to get away from preflop so it costs you a lot of money. Even TT I can fold and not lose as much money. But JJ is that in between hand. Too good to fold, too weak to win. Just brutal.

fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There pretty similar IMO. Good hands to open or shove (if short stacked) but makes you nervous to call off with. Jacks hate to see an A or K flop and not know where they are while AK is only looking for that and otherwise don’t know where they’re at. The best positive of the AK is at least you can get away if one doesn’t come where as with the JJ even if the board is T high you continue possibly into the abyss. So I guess AK might have a slight edge considering that.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi there

i would say jj cause you´re halfway to win right?

rgds

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:cool: I prefer AK, the pair of jacks always kill me, I have no luck playing it, I try to play it very cautiously, it is a double-edged sword.

fruittree

fruittree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK much easier to play! JJ never really know where you stand pre flop.

MURDACK

MURDACK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
JJ ... Only because the odds state that is the better and... And I don't believe in feelings ... Atleast regarding poker

Stifler

Stifler

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
АК

both hands are strong, but probability theory says AK is stronger! and I like this hand more!

F

Fenri77

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would prefer AK as there are many more situation you want to end up post-flop (if not all in pre). With JJ you most likely aren't hitting any straight/flush situations whereas with AK you can win bigger pots if you hit :)