Which Do You Prefer AK or JJ?

I

Ihab El Mlafi

Rising Star
i fold JJ most of the time

I know I will get destroyed in this thread later but I hate the Hooks. I have lost my shirt over pocket Jack's time and time again. AK is profitable in the long run when played right preflop so yes AK all the way !

Miguelpaniura0893

Miguelpaniura0893

Rock Star
Awards
I would say AK

AK is a versatile hand where several combinations or draws can be formed and if they are of the same suit much better you have a large percentage to win before the flop and also afterwards it is very likely that only with a pair of those cards you will win. JJ is complicated because you have three pairs that are greater than you and you cannot play well, Finding another J is very unlikely but if you go all in you will win at least the table, Unless an opponent accepts your all in With higher cards, I don't like to play with JJ Only in extreme cases do I go all in with that hand.

F

fifille07

Visionary
Awards
I seem to lose with both hands more than I should, but between both bad luck I'd rather choose JJ.

Al fred

Al fred

Rock Star
Awards
AK, I personally hate JJ that always put me in trouble. It's the worst premium hand which you might consider go allin preflop but it doesn't worth that much. To be honest, I probably lost 4 out of 5 with JJ so I don't like it.
By being objective I'm comparing both hands and AK still better imo (eventough JJ is slight favourite on %) as two overs with staight/flush possibilites too. AKs all the way.

Last edited:
E

Elfina777

Rock Star
I prefer AK, as this card is more convenient to knock out JJ, often go straight to all-in with JJ, and usually lose, the second player gets a second K or A.

German629

German629

Legend
Awards
Hello, Everyone! I will answer simply and shortly: as for me, I prefer the any cards at the moment, with which I win!..:cool:
That's all! And therefore, I think, main this is a Good Luck Everybody at the present time! ;):):D

horscht22

horscht22

Rock Star
Awards
I love both, but I prefer AK...Preflop both Hands are really strong, but especially Jacks can cost a lot of stack after flop... ;)

Stifler

Stifler

Rock Star
Awards
Hello, Everyone! I will answer simply and shortly: as for me, I prefer the any cards at the moment, with which I win!..:cool:
That's all! And therefore, I think, main this is a Good Luck Everybody at the present time! ;):):D

and what cards do you have at this moment? AA?))

adoadoado76

adoadoado76

Rock Star

all cards and combinations are good, and special AK :)JJ you think you have something and in fact you have nothing or rarely

L

liviuplayspoker

Enthusiast
It depends on how much people are in pot too, of course if im Heads-up or 6Max i prefer JJ, but its dirty when im on 9Tabel, because i know if 2 People Wenn all in before me and i have JJ, i know im most of the time beat, but AK(s) can you never fold, it depends on the Situation...but i prefer normally Pocket Jacks

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Awards
It would depend on, how late in tournament I am in. I find early on, in tournaments AK are good. But the further we get, into tournaments JJ I find are better. To me it isn't an easy decision, it would all depend on, what the situation is for me.

maksonios

maksonios

Rock Star
I can't even remember when was the last time I won a pre-flop all-in with jacks and also AK is one of my favorite hands, so I would say AK.

Luca Santos

Luca Santos

Rock Star
Awards
Não tenho preferência nas 2 opções, mas dependendo da posição, contra quem vou jogar e em que fase do jogo jogo de acordo com a localização.