Which Do You Prefer AK or JJ?

I

Ihab El Mlafi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i fold JJ most of the time

I know I will get destroyed in this thread later but I hate the Hooks. I have lost my shirt over pocket Jack's time and time again. AK is profitable in the long run when played right preflop so yes AK all the way !

Miguelpaniura0893

Miguelpaniura0893

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say AK

AK is a versatile hand where several combinations or draws can be formed and if they are of the same suit much better you have a large percentage to win before the flop and also afterwards it is very likely that only with a pair of those cards you will win. JJ is complicated because you have three pairs that are greater than you and you cannot play well, Finding another J is very unlikely but if you go all in you will win at least the table, Unless an opponent accepts your all in With higher cards, I don't like to play with JJ Only in extreme cases do I go all in with that hand.

W

wizz99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably won more with AK than JJ, but both nice hands when you haven't had any good cards for a while.

F

fifille07

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I seem to lose with both hands more than I should, but between both bad luck I'd rather choose JJ.

A

AllOut

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AK, I personally hate JJ that always put me in trouble. It's the worst premium hand which you might consider go allin preflop but it doesn't worth that much. To be honest, I probably lost 4 out of 5 with JJ so I don't like it.
By being objective I'm comparing both hands and AK still better imo (eventough JJ is slight favourite on %) as two overs with staight/flush possibilites too. AKs all the way.

Last edited:
C

capo1014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A pair

A pair of hooks all day, percentage is higher. Hook me up pun intended. Capo1014

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
You should look for a pair to AK, jj is a good option, which already exists, I choose jj.

E

Elfina777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer AK, as this card is more convenient to knock out JJ, often go straight to all-in with JJ, and usually lose, the second player gets a second K or A.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, Everyone! I will answer simply and shortly: as for me, I prefer the any cards at the moment, with which I win!..:cool:
That's all! And therefore, I think, main this is a Good Luck Everybody at the present time! ;):):D

horscht22

horscht22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I love both, but I prefer AK...Preflop both Hands are really strong, but especially Jacks can cost a lot of stack after flop... ;)

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
like both hands very much but I prefer AK ... I have had more luck with AK than with JJ so far

Stifler

Stifler

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, Everyone! I will answer simply and shortly: as for me, I prefer the any cards at the moment, with which I win!..:cool:
That's all! And therefore, I think, main this is a Good Luck Everybody at the present time! ;):):D

and what cards do you have at this moment? AA?))

adoadoado76

adoadoado76

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

all cards and combinations are good, and special AK :)JJ you think you have something and in fact you have nothing or rarely

Raccoony

Raccoony

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really don't prefer either of them because I lost too many times with both.

L

liviuplayspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on how much people are in pot too, of course if im Heads-up or 6Max i prefer JJ, but its dirty when im on 9Tabel, because i know if 2 People Wenn all in before me and i have JJ, i know im most of the time beat, but AK(s) can you never fold, it depends on the Situation...but i prefer normally Pocket Jacks

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It would depend on, how late in tournament I am in. I find early on, in tournaments AK are good. But the further we get, into tournaments JJ I find are better. To me it isn't an easy decision, it would all depend on, what the situation is for me.

airamb33

airamb33

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sem dúvidas AK.
Pois tenho pedidas sequência e maior chance de top pair ou kicker alto
;)

maksonios

maksonios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't even remember when was the last time I won a pre-flop all-in with jacks and also AK is one of my favorite hands, so I would say AK.

Luca Santos

Luca Santos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Não tenho preferência nas 2 opções, mas dependendo da posição, contra quem vou jogar e em que fase do jogo jogo de acordo com a localização.