Do You Practice How You Play?

E

eagleaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you ever Buy in and just play gambly or do you always Play your best game so not lose it. Yu know doyle says it on TV that you dont stop playing cause you get old, You get old cause you stop playing. Honestly how many of us actually have the drive to have a poker face when your online or to cover your cards so it simulates having to memorize them. How many Take a Deck of cards and deal flops just to spot all the hands from best to worse. Who deals out nine hands and analyzes each hand in each position pretending to be different ppl and trying to guess how players might play those hands. Idk im curious and in your answers mayber youll find that one thing thats missing in your game.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. I do put my poker face on when online as silly as it sounds. I do practice playing the game, but in a different way. I measure my statistics and moniitor my play. I spend time researching how to improve my game.That's after playing seriously at least 16 years, still do. So, tput on your poker face, kick off your boots and join the crowd. LOL.

A

Aguna

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I contribute, I try to play very carefully, I always practice in the game and then analyze how my decisions were made.

B

BOMDEBLEF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, daily I look for several ways to have many positive hands

J

jeffman123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I try to play the best that I possibly can, which is making the decision with the most possible EV. I don't always get there, of course, but I always try to improve.

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a series of such deals, when it is bad and terrible cards that contribute to the victory, and the high cards are simply worthless. Therefore, if my stack allows, and there are not super aggressive players at the table with me, I try to see which cards come in. Sometimes it happens that unsuited triples, deuces, sevens - they win repeatedly.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello. I do put my poker face on when online as silly as it sounds. I do practice playing the game, but in a different way. I measure my statistics and moniitor my play. I spend time researching how to improve my game.That's after playing seriously at least 16 years, still do. So, tput on your poker face, kick off your boots and join the crowd. LOL.

Oh good, I'm not the only one :D

I've practiced with my "poker face" for online, have some chips next to my computer for shuffling and lots of other things to simulate live poker. We play how we practice, so the silliness of it all really isn't so silly ;)

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to analyze my own game and analyze my own mistakes especially meticulously. I believe that the key skill of a successful player is the ability to learn from their mistakes to avoid these mistakes in the future.

L

Lftc07

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
always online I try to use my poker face in allin situations for example

Vivaly

Vivaly

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I play online poker, I do not hold back my emotions. But every time I think about how not to show these emotions off-line out of habit. :viking:

mervin88

mervin88

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always play my 101%. It is like my life is on the line while I play

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
i think each situation is unique that we cant practice in poker but experience do what poker player we are...

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I always think about my actions, especially the key mistakes.

B

BOMDEBLEF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I always try to find the best way to fit my game

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I don't make statistics, notes, absolutely nothing ... I'm just playing the game!

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
Depends on how much importance I give to the poker game I am playing. I never play lotto poker, that just pointless, but how much I tryhard does depend on how 'big' the thing in which I am playing is.

When online, I do not roleplay though. I do not maintain a poker face or play with my fake chips, etc. I just pay attention to the screen.

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course when I play I analyze my game a lot, the hands and the lines of play against my opponents to see if I am making the correct movements at the table, it is practiced a lot or you go through the same game situation many times and we can improve.

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

Yes I will play low lwvwl mtts to practice and see possible playing errors so that I wont repeat them in an importaant game.

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I always try to play seriously and constantly learn! I try to analyze some especially remembered distributions, whether I played them correctly or not! So far, of course, I have not played any big tournaments, only freerrols, but I see in myself that every time I get better and better! What an experience comes with time! Good luck to everyone at the tables!

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I did play seriously and earned a little money before, but play for fun now.

For i dislike to play poker as a work, it's too tired.

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are serious about poker, you are no doubt always looking for new ways to improve your game. This is why many players are considering hiring a poker coach. The instructor will identify your weak points and provide accurate and professional advice that will come in handy at the gaming table. I like it too, but while I'm trying to disassemble my game myself, this may not be enough

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to focus on the game when i play, analyzing every hand and collecting information about the other players. I do not always manage to do it though. There are some times when i am distracted or a little bit tired and simply can't play my A game so i play freerolls just for the fun. I always try to save few hands which i am not sure if i played correctly though for deeper analysis when i am fresh and focused.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. I have different modes with different ranges; gung-ho mode, tired mode, sleepy mode, give up mode, hey I am doing great mode, and oh my god, I am fixing to blind out if I don't do SOMETHING.

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Obviously yes.

Above all I try to understand how others play, each one plays differently, yes, but each one has its weak point, it is just knowing what it is.