Do You Play Poker for Fun?

arashsgr

arashsgr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well, some players especially the ones with a lot of money and we call them whales play poker for fun, not all of them but some of them. poker is a game of skills and a person who doesn't have that skill and play it just because he wants to gamble play it fr fun. so sharks are here and they will not gonna let those players have fun. I am so confused because poker is all about money how could somebody play with money just because he is rich

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I play for fun and I play for money, although making money is better than fun.
The second best thing in poker is losing, for the first is winning. The third is having fun or be funny.

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well, some players especially the ones with a lot of money and we call them whales play poker for fun, not all of them but some of them. poker is a game of skills and a person who doesn't have that skill and play it just because he wants to gamble play it fr fun. so sharks are here and they will not gonna let those players have fun. I am so confused because poker is all about money how could somebody play with money just because he is rich

I play for money. Sometimes it was nice. I enjoyed it when I won. In another case, it is an unpleasant long game that requires a lot of energy. If I had a lot of money, I would also be able to think about nothing as a professional and play for fun.

christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I play poker to earn money for a living, this is my main source of income at the moment, all the money I win, they get hard. There are people who have a lot of money and they play poker in order to win a poker tournament or win a world bracelet.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think poker is all about money, specially for very rich people. Usually they are very competitive, so, they don't play only for the money, they play to prove that they are better than the others players and to feel good, because every player knows how good it feels when we win a big hand.

H

HaroldHouse

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play for fun but I take it seriously. I study regularly and try to improve.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I play for fun, for money, for relaxation, for emotions

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

There are many reasons people play poker. While pros play for profit, non pros can play for pleasure, social acceptance, competition, the rush of gambling and so on...

The same way people work jobs for different reasons: money, passion, purpose, teamwork etc. people can play poker for different reasons and there's nothing wrong with that

I play because I love the game primarily, and income is secondary (But in my younger years when I didn't have any additional sources of income then yes profit was the primary driver

Here's a little video I did on the topic, hope you enjoy it!

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a lot of fun when I know I'm not going to lose money in a freeroll tournament of CC. When I play for real money I also have fun, because I love the adrenaline of the game. In definitive, I always have fun and that is what motivates me to continue improving as a player.
Greetings.

Andrii Lubentsov

Andrii Lubentsov

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I am playing for fun and relaxation but won some money without any deposit.

L

luki_jakdo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think everybody is playing Poker because of having fun. If not, its definitely the wrong hobby. Even if you want to earn money with Poker you should have fun while doing it.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play mainly because of my extreme enjoyment of card games. Even as a kid in the mid-west during the winters, we played cards. I'm competitive when playing, that provides a motivation to really study those games I play.

Have spent more time learning poker than any card game. Although I'd rather play euchre than anything.

C

capo1014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker for fun

I play poker for fun and to relieve a little stress, sometimes it is not all about the money. I can wind down playing in a good game with respectful players, for me this is fun. Capo1014

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do play to try and make money and do take it very seriously but, I am very passionate about poker so even if its not suppose to feel fun or be for fun...... I find it very, very fun to play poker :).

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fun is one of the reason why i play poker. That's true it's great entertainment and when u can win some extra cash makes this game great.

igroksash

igroksash

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been playing poker for quite some time for fun, mostly freerolls. But it happens that I go to tournaments with buy-in from $ 5 to $ 20.

Pindiez

Pindiez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes of course! I play poker because is my hobby and I like play this game :D

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play poker primarily for pleasure, and when I also manage to make money on pleasure, it becomes an euphoria.Poker is an interesting thing)

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I started for fun but with time it becomes like a normal job with a decent income

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i play with one goal, to win money, otherwise why play for real money

Djon25

Djon25

Visionary
Bronze Level