Do You Obsess Over the Game?

E

eagleaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you play for fun or are you secretly hoping to quit your job and take it to the moon. How often do you study and do you think over studying helps or hurts your game. Do you lose hours when you play and all else disappears. Or do you struggle to focus and it seems to boring to do as a hobby or job.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Do you play for fun or are you secretly hoping to quit your job and take it to the moon. How often do you study and do you think over studying helps or hurts your game. Do you lose hours when you play and all else disappears. Or do you struggle to focus and it seems to boring to do as a hobby or job.

Hi.
For me now, poker is a hobby, a good opportunity to have fun after a hard day's work. But I have a dream and I hope that one day my hobby will become my main job.
Good luck.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like almost every else here I have dream to live from playing poker. For now I play for fun and really enjoy. Don’t have much time for playing and studying and I’m relaying my self on experience. It’s not good thing to do, but for fun player like me it’s enough.

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's nice to have such altruistic views; but the truth is that there are many jobs and careers that very little / perhaps work against the common good. There is a lot to be said about working in fast food, selling shoes, clothes, cars, houses, or jewelry to people with much higher needs and wants, be it a tobacco / weed / processed sugar broker, or even an executive. ... run a farm that is poor in animals and the environment, and I am sure there is much more. There are very few professions that completely free a person from the desire to benefit society. At the same time, there are levels of happiness and gifts that each of us can add every day, no matter what we do or don't even possess. Each of us must either find a solution in what we do, or move on.
I have struggled with this for years as a poker lover. My final decision is this: I am free in my life, I am kind to the people I work with, I work hard, and when my lifestyle is under threat, I fight to keep it, and I am sincere in my poker profession. I don't know what else to add; but take a close look at what you believe in!

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to play for days. Now I have lost faith in success as a result of playing poker. Sometimes I go to play freeroll. I don't have much hope for poker.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have never attached much importance to gambling. I have always soberly assessed the possibility of making a profit. I never had high hopes for poker.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play for fun and share my free time between poker and my other hobbies so definitely i am not obsessed by the game. I plan to invest some more time in poker and especially learning though so that i can also improve my game.

L

lezghin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that obsession with the game is not the best thing .. that can happen to us., but I think we are all a little obsessed when we play .. probably this is how a person does not want to lose his earnings thinks that he is successful and he will be lucky:smile::smile::smile:

A fox 666

A fox 666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker as the main source of income is nonsense, a fairy tale for the naive! This game can only be viewed as a hobby.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Being a pro-poker player would be awesome. I use to obsess over it a little when I first considered it as a way to bring in extra income. I would read poker rags and books. I only bought two: Doyle Brunson's online strategy and Gus Hansen's Every Hand Revealed, I do recommend the latter. It is nice to have a hobby, though, that one can make some $ enjoying.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just a hobby,,,;) $$$

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me poker is life and I am currently working to build a bankroll to then play full time. I figure I'm already poor and have nothing to lose and everything to gain. I also understood growing up that people are different and not everything is for everyone. You must have patience, discipline and good luck. If you dont have all those things you cant be a poker player mainly full time in a lifetime. You can be rich some how else and play poker as a hobby. But to make it a profession you need fundamentals.

H

Houdini9

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just recreation. I once turned a hobby into my career and lost my passion for the hobby within 2 years. 8 years later I had enough and bailed on everything.

I used to think Poker would ay out the same, but the fun would all be lost. As such, poker remains pure recreation. However, obsessive is hardly scratching th surface when it comes to describing how much I work on my game.

GL GL,

Houdini9

E

eagleaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Right on

For me poker is life and I am currently working to build a bankroll to then play full time. I figure I'm already poor and have nothing to lose and everything to gain. I also understood growing up that people are different and not everything is for everyone. You must have patience, discipline and good luck. If you dont have all those things you cant be a poker player mainly full time in a lifetime. You can be rich some how else and play poker as a hobby. But to make it a profession you need fundamentals.

I can tell you that playing for money and rent is possible and very difficult but i get it it GOOD luck and god speed.

B

bioman420

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to be very excited, but today I am more relaxed and know how to deal with gains and losses.

P

PEGAMEUALLIN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
today I have more control, before I had no

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey!
At the moment, poker is a hobby for me. I disagree with those who do not consider playing poker as work, now I do not mean earning money, playing, a good game is work, even if not physical but intellectual, I once played chess five games in a row at a tournament, by the end of the day I I was so tired that it was comparable to a full-time job, and in poker, if you want to succeed you have to work hard, and if you don't strain your brain, then poker will remain just a hobby.
Best regards, Sergei

A

azgeda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For now it’s a hobby, I’m not a beginner and not a pro somewhere in between, but I don’t think I would quit my job to play. I’m really passionate about it though!

M

maroca06

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play more as a hobby. I like to spend time playing cards.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I play for fun, money is an extra that helps me with expenses. It helps to do something that you can have fun with and earn money at the same time.

Top 10 Games