Do you make note of your Opponents?

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just started making notes, for my own records. I like to know ,who are tight players to the loose ones. It's like anything , helps with reads of players. Which can help , your game in the long run.

Fenix7

Fenix7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always take notes on a player who excels either because he plays excellent or because he makes mistakes (that is, he does not play very well). I consider that they are very useful since when you find them again at other tables you can already have an idea of ​​their way of playing, of course you have to confirm that they continue playing in the way that the note says. as everyone improves their game over time. but I do take notes and it seems to me that it is very important to do so.

yezzrr

yezzrr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always take notes of any helpful info. I can't rely on myself to remember most incidents [emoji39]

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As a rule, I don't even try to pay attention to the players at the table. However, in my opinion, my main opponent in the game is the dealer, who deals such terrible cards )))

R

RUNRRUNRTO

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes. Taking notes can be useful but proceed with caution as it can also backfire on you. As already mentioned, taking notes works great with regulars. Better players have the tendency to quickly switch gears and adapt to different situations. Every hand is different, every table is different. You may have notes on me being a poker tramp/ donkey, ( is donkey still used?) I could be playing a really loose aggro style at one table or in 1 game and then playing a much tighter game at a different table. It’s all circumstantial.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do it and if they have served me, the difficult thing is to find them at the table since I play low levels, I suppose at high levels the notes are more common and more useful, I always try to put notes when I already know how to play or the player's tendency:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I try to remember who I play against and who I won or lose to , especially if I constantly playing at the same tables. To me it's to same as if you were sitting directly across the table from them, you have to know your opponent.

oakthyago

oakthyago

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It’s good to keep some notes of different things that the villain use to do.

The worst thing is the sites that dont able the players to write notes on them poker room. Its a negative point to me, makes me thing more if I will expend my time there.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Probably everyone who plays online poker does this, watching the players, noticing the features of the game of different players, making notes, without this you can not win.

C

capo1014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No notes

I have never made notes in my life on other opponents, to much time and I am betting most pros do this. I play for fun and minimal cash so not worth my time. Capo1014

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I certainly take note of my opponents. I consider this to be a fundamental rule of poker. We must always be aware of the opponents. That way, we get a certain pattern in their plays.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I do when I remember to make notes, the problem is what they seem to be in one game usually disappears in the next, so you can have a loose/Passive player in one game and then in another he becomes Tight/ aggressive.
So in reality he is playing right by changing his playing styles and changing gears, so are the notes really important?

W

williemays56

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
make notes

I tend to platy with small poker commnityand pretty much know each person style but on bigger sites no I just play my hand to brst way I can that give mr yhe best chance to wn if youi 23240111are patience enogh the donk willfakk out kike flys

C

csecsey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to do it. I even marked them with a color scale where it was possible.

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
One should if you want to play more seriously. They come in handy, but I do not anymore as I do not play that seriously.

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes. knowing how your opponent plays, you can replenish your bankroll well. if you play only with your cards, you can lose.

N

nenkov407

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play zoom on mobile and I cannot make a note so I read the nicknames and try to assosiate it with their style of play for example noob nenkov407 :D

Swat1197

Swat1197

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, trying but after installing updates sometimes they fall

M

martinf1971

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have put a post up about being a great player I think that to evolve and become a better player you need to take notes on players this way you can adapt your game depending who you are playing against. Its Like when Negreanu was up agaist 2 other players and they both went all in before him he had pocket Qs and folded because he knew one of them had him beat he also knew the pot odds which was really he needed a Q at least to beat them which was 23-1 and he was only getting just over 2-1 pot odds. Is it really worth taking the risk when you will win the hand 1 in 23 times. Daniel knew it wasnt because he knew these players wouldnt go all in with anything less than AA KK AK. So if you have notes on players you can always make informed decisions.

TrpeLoco

TrpeLoco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play SNAP at 888 poker every day a few players are constantly playing NL5.I take notes on players

abildu88

abildu88

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Why watch your opponent when you have a good hand

Z

zeist2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never make notes. Most poker players are unpredictable.