billibooo

billibooo

Giddy Up!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yes <3 absolutely it is a tool that is valuable.
You are playing two friends, one bets like an idiot, one bets with winning hands this information is valuable in poker (not so much friendships hehe)
You cannot possible remember everyone you play online against and it saves the notes.
Remember though, people learn and can change so do not hold what you write as the absolute truth :) Have a great day <3

AndyFio

AndyFio

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Notes

I do not practice paper notes, I try to carefully follow the players with the help of my eyes and memorize their playing style for making a correct decision in the future.

lanelane

lanelane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know information is power and the more you know about your opponent, the easier it is to win against him. But still, I don’t pay enough attention to my opponents. Of course, there are those I remember because of either their weird names or their special style of play, but I consciously don’t pay attention to that.

Vivaly

Vivaly

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course I pay attention to the opponents while I play. I rarely write down.

SightUnseen

SightUnseen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always make notes, it's key to any decision. Without notes you're playing in a vacuum, completely clueless to anything. Any note is a good note.

O

oscarhuka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I take notes from the players in the tournaments I play most often.

rivermipasion

rivermipasion

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when the tournament is being tough I usually write down players for more knowledge

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play at pokerstars or GG poker , when you have over 100.000 players ,I dont bother putting notes

johnnylawford

johnnylawford

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I take notes primarily to keep me focused during hands I'm not in and to capture any really weird/obviously wrong plays I see. It also helps me notice patterns/behaviors in player types, so it's a good learning tool for me on how to spot and respond to similar player types.

K

kidrock1211

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not on all players but on those i see over and over playing with nothing calling with nothing! I got notes on you. LOL

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never make a note, but remember their name. :cool:

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It doesn't make any difference to me, lately I've only been playing on LINE and then there's no way to make notes or observe other players.

Live is very different, so you can analyze other players, but online doesn’t make any difference to me

Jooseme

Jooseme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely, notes help a lot. There is no reason not to.

A

Anahita

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No I don’t

I know it’s important but also it’s impossible imagine you are in the tournament with hundreds or more players how you can make o note
Members of same club yes but I don’t think it’s work in the sites

joebenigno

joebenigno

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I make notes of specific plays i.e. "player limp/shoved aa pre utg+1 with blinds 1/2 and an effective stack of 300" not "LAG" "TAG" etc.

cathi1962

cathi1962

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I make notes on players who are kind, and players that are not so kind. I also make notes on the bluffers, and anyone that goes all in and loses!
Do you pay attention to the people you're playing against? Like if you've played against them before do you notice that you're playing against them again or does it not make a difference to you?

cathi1962

cathi1962

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love this answer! I wished I would have thought more about my response, but I agree with you, I make notes on everyone that gives me a reason to make a note!
i make notes on everyone that gives me a reason to make a note.

Z

Zeke67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As much as possible...

Do you pay attention to the people you're playing against? Like if you've played against them before do you notice that you're playing against them again or does it not make a difference to you?

I try to keep as much information on a given player as I can. If I sit at a table with a person for an extended amount of time I will put notations on their icon. I put information on what I have noticed about how they’ve played. If you play on the same site for any amount of time you will see the same players again and again. Taking small notes on players throughout your time in MTT’s will benefit you in the long run. Any small amount of information you can make note of may win you one hand in the future!! The more information you can get on each player the more hands you could win in the future. Online when we start a big MTT we are basically walking in cold to a tournament field of 500-2000 people, or more. So any small bit of information that we have on ANY of our opponents is definitely an advantage!! Good luck!!

Stay Safe

Z

B

BatOneHat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A Must

All of the sites allow you to click on the name of the person and take notes. Most have some kind of color scheme you can use. But the bottom line is you must take notes on the other players, that’s the best thing you can do. I take notes on how they play, tight aggressive or loose aggressive then I use the color buttons to quantify that. It helps tremendously. And it’s much, much cheaper than third-party software which basically tells you the same thing.

Riccoboni

Riccoboni

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

They are very players so it is practically impossible to make notes about them. I remember that variance also applies to players, so what is the chance that you will find him again in the world of online poker?

Paying attention while I play, I do that, but I don't write anything down.

T

tweezer_reraise

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
definitely. its important to know the push/shove ranges of the regs i play against. just important to also know which opponents can deviate from these ranges... and make note of that as well! :D