Do you live only from poker? Or do you have another goal in your life?

Gian Totaro

Gian Totaro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello CardsChat players! I want to get to know you a little more, besides poker, do you have another goal? I would really like to make a living from poker, but I'm still far away, it requires a lot of study, dedication as you know. At the moment I am dedicating a lot of time to poker, and at the same time I am in a university degree!

Miguelpaniura0893

Miguelpaniura0893

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't live from poker, if I get to live from poker and when I become a professional it would be something else but in my medium and long-term goals I don't see it as a profitable objective, I have always liked cinema, everything that carrying out a work entails cinematographic even if it is the worst movie that exists and that it is a resounding failure but in which all the parts of it gave their best effort to make a production that in the eyes of those who made it is perfect and they can observe and learn, a constant learning, greetings from Venezuela my corduroy

houcineben10

houcineben10

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
i wish i could live from poker for now i am still living with my parent at 30 years old hope i will manage to live from poker one day it will be an accomplished dream :D

C

Charles Nunes

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No, I'm just learning but would like to earn enough to supplement my income

szabbancsbet

szabbancsbet

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I would be satisfied if I could supplement my salary a little

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Most people don't make a living playing poker, including me. Chasing it is a very dangerous undertaking.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker for me is just a hobby. Of course is always nice when I win some extra money from poker, but I don't have any goal to be a professional poker player. I don't think I would like the life of a regular online professional poker player, I can't stand to play many hours in a row and I can't imagine having to do that every day. Also I have a good job, so, I'm happy keeping poker only as a fun hobby.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello CardsChat players! I want to get to know you a little more, besides poker, do you have another goal? I would really like to make a living from poker, but I'm still far away, it requires a lot of study, dedication as you know. At the moment I am dedicating a lot of time to poker, and at the same time I am in a university degree!
Poker is currently also a hobby for me. Poker brings me money, but this money is not enough to pay the bills, so for now, poker is a hobby that brings me pleasure and a little money :)
.... but a little money is always better than nothing :)

R

Rmi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Momentarily I dedicate myself only to poker, until the income rises and allows me to invest in businesses to continue with the two areas.

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Not yet, in reality the profit is still very low. I recently finished college, but I am dedicating myself to poker at the moment. I have read a lot, I have been studying hard. I believe that it is completely possible to live on it and I intend to do that. I will be 29 in a few days, I still live with my country, so I really believe that I can live on poker in the coming years now.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Degree & job first, then if you still have the time & interest, focus on the poker in your spare time. Trying to succeed at poker without a steady income puts a great deal of stress on you & turns a goal that is already difficult into an almost impossible goal.

roberto51

roberto51

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I spend a lot of time playing poker, but family and professional work have always been in the foreground.

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like playing online poker but I can not imagine living from poker. I want this game to stay a hobby and not to become a work. If it becomes the only way to get money then you lose the pleasure. And no pleasure no game

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Poker has never been my (only) goal therefore :unsure:

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
I don't live from poker at all lol .so do 98% of people who play poker.
One of my goals would be to able to make a living out of it

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Poker is more like a hobby, I see it more as an alternative pastime with the opportunity to exaggerate my investments.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Yes, poker is a lot of money if you know how to play so if you are ready to learn and learn, poker will give a lot of money for such players, but in practice it's better to do other things and treat poker as a hobby

S

Shooter74

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No...Poker is only a hobby for me....

VasilRalev

VasilRalev

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BG
Chips
The game of poker is getting harder and harder. I can't emagine someone make a living out of it. There was a time, fifteen years ago, you play at NL100 and players don't know what they are doing. I mean calling full stack with pair no kikier or gutshot. Today you see player NL2 talking about strategy in the game, bankroll management and stats....
There are tons of books, videos, forums, coaching etc.
The game is not easy money anymore and even if you are good in it your advantage is small.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
winning at poker is getting harder every day, players are understanding the game better, with the pandemic business here in my region has become very bad, most weeks I manage to win 100 dollars with poker to buy food

Leomil

Leomil

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play poker just for fun and to meet with friends, as a hobby. I believe most players also dont play as professionals making a living from poker.
Wish the best for you! GL

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'm retired and I have a rental house, I play Poker to occupy my mind, it's pure fun it's a hobby, if I win I'm happy and in case I lose, I'll go to the next game.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Like others have said it's hard to make a living playing online poker, even at low stakes most players are at least half decent and many are very good. For most its just a hobby/side income. Maybe live poker it would be possible to make a living, but ideally you would have to live somewhere with good games like texas or las vegas

GDKavindu

GDKavindu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LK
Chips
Poker is the only source of income. It will change in the future

Rockyfour

Rockyfour

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Where you live Poker might actually not be a bad idea. Can be a lot better than 300 USD per month.

Organize a Home Poker Game