Do you like Phil Hellmuth?

J

john rowan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have learned more from Phil Helmuth than any other single person, although it's not always been intentional on his part! When I first started playing and I would see him blow up at some amateur's play I would think, "Phil, do you WANT him to play better?" I eventually learned that in a tournament sometimes, YES, you do want someone to make a correct fold to minimize variance. He was also one of the early pioneers in using the internet as a teaching tool. He posted a diary for a time where he was very honest about the things he was going through in the poker world. He also posted a "hand of the week" some years ago. I've only played against him once that I know of. He folded pocket jacks to my allin TT. I thought "Wow, he really respects my game!" Years later it occurred to me that he probably thought I was a fish and he could find a better spot!
So I guess you could say, yeah, I like the guy!

S

samuri

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
HE is great for the game. quite entertaining.

L

legend309

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Lol , gotta love the comments. He's a great player and fun to watch gotta love him

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
He is one of the best poker players for sure , and one of my favourites . He has promoted the game of poker worldwide , he is the biggest ambassador of poker I think the past 2 decades . He represents the old school , he had his expplossive temper and mood . I like him .

Pindiez

Pindiez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In like Phil Hellmuth. He is an entertaining player and he is an amazing player. I like watch him 😀

willjosp

willjosp

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
His ultimate tablet style of play but I don't like how he playso_O

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
He gets plenty of hate, loads of criticism but the man is a genius... and those that mock him are ignorant.

A

allfarewells

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The man has some absolutely amazing achievements in poker it is undeniable… BUT in my opinion he is rude arrogant insulting and should be exited from the poker tables he plays at on some occasions, he has the biggest ego of any player I have ever watched in my life and personally I cannot stand the man and the way in which he carry’s himself, he acts as if every hand he plays is PERFECT and everyone else is inferior in every way and personally I do not like this sort of person (not that I know him personally 🤦‍♂️😂) but still this is my opinion of the man

Much love to you
❤️🙏

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
I like 👍 and dislike 👎 him .
Dislikes 👎
1.can get very angry 😡.
2.gets very loud at the table.
3.very Arrogant
4.calling people names at the table
5.only plays is special games
I could go on but these are my main dislikes 👎

Likes 👍

1.his passion for the game.

hennessy5

hennessy5

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Poker wouldn't be the same without Phil Hellmuth. He makes televised poker interesting

H

HeiligerKevin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't really like Hellmuth, since he is very arrogant, but I still need to admit that he is (or was) one of the best tournament players in the world. But at other variations he is nothing special to me.

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
insufferable twat... I do realise much is for show but I don't like his attidude no matter how skilled someone is ,it doesn't give him the right of being arrogant or to look down on others

V

VladB850

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe I shouldn't post this in this thread but there are players that I like more than Hellmuth :D

P

ppartizan2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
An absolutely wonderful person who is calm,patient,and most importantly very kind to everyone.A true Poker face of the world.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I cannot stand the guy. I think he is a horrible ambassador of the game, but he is a really talented player.

Tigroslav

Tigroslav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like him because hes not boring and plays quite well usually.

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can't stand him (i mean how he plays and behaves on camera). He is good at playing tournaments, but very very bad cash player.

H

HeiligerKevin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
An absolutely wonderful person who is calm,patient,and most importantly very kind to everyone.A true Poker face of the world.
Someone that would just simply congratulate somebody on winning against him, definitely would rage and call him names.

C

Cyclguy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Clearly his record speaks for itself. His success is a matter of fact, but he seems to go out of his way to be unlikable. An act? Maybe, but it is still cringe worthy. Watching him at some final tables I was confused as to how he got there. His play doesn't seem to be unique or creative and he seems to make many stupid plays and is out relatively quickly. He doesn't seem to learn that in poker anything can happen. He gets a bad beat and acts as if it never happened before and he's probably seen ten thousand hands, at least. He is definitely a draw for the fans so I suppose he's good for the game. I wouldn't mind if I never saw him again.

T

tiptools

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I can't understand Phil Hellmuth's reasoning when he plays,,,It seems to me that he makes serious mistakes

P

PointedTip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry, I just don't like male Karens...

Zaner

Zaner

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
i like he,especially when he play against daniel in tv show hahaha

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Phil is a good player. His accomplishments are impressive. But his character is really special. But for television, his character is a godsend. It can raise any ratings. And this is very beneficial.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I know he's a big winner at poker, but I think he's a bit out of control when he loses, he and I have something in common, we're a fan of Stu Ungar