Do you have periods where you just play very bad ?

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
since 2-3 weeks or so i am playing horribly . i dont know why to be honest

is that normal ? i mean the question might be too dramatic and i guess it is normal to have ups and downs but in my case the quality of my game really has shrunk extremely in the last couple weeks .....

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad streaks are part of this game and it is normal, but the problem is when they last a long time and that is when we must review our game and see if we are making the same mistakes or we are playing with great anxiety for fear of losing and that. it doesn't let you focus when you play.

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On a bad year so far and this year just started like losing with quads etc etc

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It can happen. Bad decision then prompts another. Sometimes hard to tell tho if you simply don’t get the run. As Gus Hansen says..90% of the game is luck.

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I guess everyone has a period where you make some bad decisions which are crucial. It is important to recognise these mistakes and to learn from them.

olfabiolo

olfabiolo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That question is my face, I sure always wonder what I'm doing wrong when everything goes wrong.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yeah I make bad decisions all the time while playing poker. That's why I stick to freerolls for now to see if I can improve my play. I'm trying to limit the bad plays that I make per section. I think I need to look at things a little more and call a big bet when I feel I'm winning.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

is that normal ? i mean the question might be too dramatic and i guess it is normal to have ups and downs but in my case the quality of my game really has shrunk extremely in the last couple weeks .....

I have been playing poker for more than 10 years, and from my own experience I can say that such periods happen 3-4 times a year. At this time, it is better to just take a break or limit yourself to playing in freerolls. It usually lasts 2-3 weeks and the main thing is to minimize losses during this period.

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I lose almost every hand in a day, which is horrible.It did cost me some money, but it didn't affect anything under a bankroll control.

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeh .it happened to me many times .maybe you are stressed or angry from something ,so you begin to play very aggressive .and that's very bad

S

SnatchNRun87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Happens to us all.
some of us just happen to be the ones it constantly is happening to due to stress,a clouded mind, anxiety like someone has said already,
Try to find some " zen" before your next game and see if that changes at all?
Or give meditation a try?
Hope your lu k changes for the better soon and goodluck at the tables

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes that is the variance part of the game. The way to combat this is discipline bankroll management.

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is the norm for poker, there will always be black and white stripes! At such moments, you need to strictly monitor your bankroll and try to review and analyze your game, whether you are doing everything right or if you should tighten up your game somewhere! I believe that you should not get upset at such moments, because if you played profitably before, then you will most likely return all your money, for sure at a distance! Good luck at the tables!

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello to all!
It happens to me when I am in a bad mood, I try not to play on such days, though it doesn't always work out.

M

madmandown

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's normal for anybody whose on tilt went mad and start playing bad or his b or c game but if you learn to stay calm and still playing your best game and lose than you are on right track as more than 90% are doing it the way it is but you came in that less than 10% catogery whose game is rock solid irrespective of the situations.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had periods when the month did not work out, I could not even get into the prizes. Then I decided to reduce the number of tournaments per day and was able to get back on track and get into the prizes.

AndryxaDovolen

AndryxaDovolen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
oh yes!) I play badly. I play terribly!) I admit this to myself too .. How else? I haven't broken up the bank yet. then I'm a bad player. Even if I manage to win the tournament, then after a couple of hours my bank is empty. But let it happen at the initial stage in small tournaments, than I will lose later. I know my mistakes and analyze them. I look to the opinions of other players about my actions. and a little later I will learn to control myself and become one of the best poker players.

schtiuky

schtiuky

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes it seems i can not win any all in.

Havik

Havik

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Its normal to have bad swings in poker. 2-3 weeks though is kinda of a long swing. Have you tried to study poker and try to fix the leaks in your game?

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Playing badly or having bad luck are two different things. If it is wrong play then you can do something about it but if it is worst luck then you can do little about it except sit it out and hope that it will pass again. Sometimes you play everything the way it should be and still lose. But no matter what it is, I think everyone knows that he has times where nothing works in poker. And whoever says has never had something like this has either just started playing poker or is a liar. It is important that you learn to deal with the streak of bad luck and that you are not influenced by it. And you don’t let it burden your game.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

These are the periods of time where you can learn the most about your game. Analyze the hands where you are losing the most chips, and determine if you are losing to probability/chance, or if you are giving chips away by your actions.

I found downswings to be the best time to experiment with tightening up your BRM and trying to maintain as much $$$ as possible. :)

Statsman1

Statsman1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I know I go through periods when I never believe ANYONE is ahead of me, even when they raise me, and boy, that gets expensive.

I don't know why I do that, but it is definitely something I have to keep an eye out for.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Not so much myself, but I have periods where the Random Number Generator plays badly.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Congratulations for admitting it to yourself that your game quality has suffered.

You are not talking just about variance.

I myself am guilty of being up-stuck and reverse bum hunting. Usually does not work out well for me.

You need to figure out why you are playing poorly. Maybe actually write down exactly what your bad behavior is so you can remedy it.

This course is free to all members - so it is a good place to start rebuilding profitable poker behavior.

Become a Winning Poker Player in 30 Days - CardChat.com™ (cardschat.com)

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I would take my heads up game to the 9 max table after playing heads up and play too aggressive with hands I shouldn't play in certain spots 9 max.

Once I recognized the folly and decided to play my best at that circumstance then things changed. The only thing you can do is learn enough about the game so you can find the holes to recognize mistakes and let the cards fall.