Do you have friends to play poker with?

blake2702

blake2702

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Would anyone like to form a poker group?

M

mouTAT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My friends are not interested into developing the game in the strategy way they just like to gamble

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do have friends who play poker, and through those friends I now have poker players who are friends.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I do have friends who play poker, and through those friends I now have poker players who are friends.

Likewise, I too have a few friends that do play and I have made many more through playing the game, there is nothing personal when playing Poker, Sure you want to take all their chips and destroy them on the felt, but when the game is over most players understand that we are never annoyed at being taken out of the game, nor do we wish any ill will towards them, at the end of the game we are civil towards fellow players because there is nothing personal.
I have travelled to tournaments, with other players I have beaten at Poker, and some who have beaten me, Friends who feel the same as I do and while in the car we laugh and joke, but when they announce "Shuffle up and Deal" we become bitter enemies on the felt, and want to destroy each other.
That is Poker! That is the Game!

When the fun Stops, STOP!

B

beatlebug

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have many friends that I play poker with. It is enjoyable when you play with your friends. They make it a fun time. Good luck to all.

Beatlebug

Poma Lekain

Poma Lekain

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I rarely get to play poker with my friends.

gena31

gena31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
very sorry, but I don’t have anyone to play poker, my friends, acquaintances, relatives don’t play this game :(

elchonga

elchonga

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Unfortunately it is very rare the occasion in which I can play poker with friends
There are not many of us and it is difficult to get together

pljosko

pljosko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, but since I like to play online tournaments the most, I don't even need them.

sanekhorror

sanekhorror

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My friends didn't think about this game before either and didn't even know how to play it until I learned it myself, later I taught my friends how to play poker, and also said that you can make money on it, now I'm glad that my friends are also fans of poker.

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yes - I play poker with a group of friends. I am 75 years old!! Most of the players in the group are my age or older. There is only one regular who is 30 years younger.
A friend of mine invited me to play in the poker group he had started back in 2005. I understood the game but had never played. On my first night, I knew only my friend and one other person. We used to play every week, until covid shut us down. We are all hoping to escape the pandemic and get together again. About 5 of us still play in a "Home Game" on pokerstars.
Now I consider all of the regulars (about 8) to be good friends. Over time we have lost two members to illness and ultimately death and we have lost several who lost interest in the game. Replacements and substitutes have come and gone, so over 15 years I would estimate that I have developed about 15-25 new friends.
One of my new friends and I have developed a much closer relationship than the others, such that he and his wife are now friends with my wife as well. We have even travelled and golfed together.
Poker has created new friendships for me, which is funny, when you consider that the whole idea of the game is to take each other's money. :)

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When I was a student I used to play with my friends. Now we don't play anymore.

Geksan_87

Geksan_87

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I can play with my neighbour sometimes ))

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1. If I see that they are friendly to me, there is no problem, and secondly they will not make an empty (bluff bet) :)

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
latetly no...everybody busy working...i will be soon...but in weekends we get around 15-20 persons , guys and girls...is fun...:)

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play most of my poker alone. Though when I hang out with old friends, we like to play.

C

Carlloss

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A few years ago we had a group of friends and got together many weekends to play until dawn. Unfortunately this group broke up, each one followed a path, but I still miss gambling a lot. Luckily my best friend is just as addicted to poker as I am, so we always play together, online, but we play.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Not anymore. After black Friday many stopped playing. I played with others but as time goes on its been less and less. Hopefully someday once Corvid is over a game will start again.

L

Lochika

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have friends from poker. Try to be friendly at the poker table and you will make a lot of friends very easily.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I have friends that I play poker with on a regular basis. We get together at least a few times a month and play tournaments style.

T

tamara822

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
None of my friends like to play poker. They don't even like to play card games for children. But that's why I can play online with people from all over the world. Despite the game itself, I make friends with people who love to play poker.

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am having troubles playing poker with friends because they dont really like it or arent very interested in playing it...
How about you?

Thats why online poker is very famous, I think many friends don't play, or play in a diferent level... Since I moved from my city, don't meet any friends yet to play live poker