Do you guys ever stake others?

B

Bentheman87

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you think its a good deal to stake someone in a MTT and you get 60% of their winnings?

My friend recently had his Full Tilt account banned and they closed it and sent him a check for his BR. He's a good player and recently made a new account but he can't deposit money to it. I've staked him a little yesterday to help him out and he quickly turned it into a decent amount of money. I've aready made $15 profit in just a few hours from staking him. He used to play high stakes before full tilt banned him (he violated full tilt's chat rules), but Full Tilt will open his account again in February. He had over 100K in his old account and said he'll give me 1k if I stake him until then, as well as 60% of his immediate winnings. He's a really good player here's his sharkscope. I used to stake another friend for 60% but he was an awful player and I lost like $500 staking him, he only cashed in a MTT once.

But this one is a lot better so do you guys think it's a good idea to stake him?

Attachments

• Getoflyboygraph.jpg
    Getoflyboygraph.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 140
S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ummm are you aware the graph is on a steady decline? Staking is always a bad idea, you need the player to place itm in every tourny just to get a profit. Since first payouts in mtt is usally doubloe buy in, of which you only get 60% of. So the moment he doesnt cash you are down money for hte next few mtt

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow, he's losing and losing badly over a span of 1.1k SnGs, which is a lot more telling than the 100 game heater. he's not a good player or a winning player. only stake him if you want to lose money

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that graph looks scary and disturbing

i would not stake this person lol, especially with the nice little 1k tilt at the end lol

Tygran

Tygran

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What the rest of them said..no way no how am I staking this person. That's way too long and consistent a losing streak.

B

Bentheman87

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really? You guys think its a bad idea to stake this player? Keep in mind, 1. I trust him. I even have the password to his account. And 2. From just looking at that sharkscope graph, he's profited several thousand dollars, and only from less than 2000 games. And his MTT winnings don't show on there, and he had over $100,000 in his old accnt mostly from MTTs. And 3. He's going to give me at least 1k when his account reopens in February.

Goldog

Goldog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
REALLY, Times 7

Oh and + 1:D

We're your friends. :party:

BTW what happened to all the money:icon_scra

Goldog

B

Bentheman87

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
His old account was closed and they sent him a check for his entire BR, so right now he's using his roommate's account until they reopen his old account. His roommate's account had $0 to start with and if I stake him it'll be to his roommate's accnt.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why does someone with $100k in tournament winnings need to be staked?

lilybo

lilybo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a friend from where?, how long have u known him, how did u meet?,(omg i feel like your mother lolol) and password 2 what account, which btw can b changed at any time, just seems fishy 2 me sorry, just dont give this person a large amount of money please

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just from reading these posts, something seems very fishy and not true.

Your story is changing every once in a while, and you seem to "really want to stake him", so why even ask?

Also, you say they sent him a check for his entire BR but you are also saying that he will send you $1k when they give him his account back.

And I am pretty sure that you don't get your account banned for chat, only chat privilege taken away.

rob5775

rob5775

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I staked a guy once. He was a vampire and was asking for it.

Heh, I gotta stop posting when I drink.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why does someone with $100k in tournament winnings need to be staked?

This. If he can't deposit but you can transfer just ask him for the cash and send him money online. I do that a lot with friends both ways (this was before echecks which is now a quick way to deposit with no fees) but I would never stake anyone, especially if they've won that much. They have plenty of cash of their own, why do they need yours?

MR X

MR X

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So you want to lend money to a guy that at one time had $100,000 in his account, but know he doesnt have any money left and he is a losing player other than a little short term luck. Why don't you just flush your money down the toilet instead?

JRaD

JRaD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it depends on staking someone, as long as you know someone well enough to trust that you will get your money back then what the hell why not? But If they show a decent decline in SnG status and well... small things, it's all about the feeling you get about someone lol...

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if your that desperate to stake him then do it. Just dont expect to make a profit

nevadanick

nevadanick

Back to work ... zzzzz
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From your repeated replies, sounds like you've already decided to go ahead with the stake, but want a backup in order to say "Dang, shoulda listened to those folks'.

Trust, friendship and all other comments aside, I agree with those who say 'No way, Jose'. If he received his $100,000 cashout check and doesn't have $1,000 to give to you to deposit for him in an account that isn't yours (but 'his' roommate's), there's something really wrong with his BR management and the whole deal stinks, imo.

Why doesn't he just give the $1k to his roommate to deposit into the roommate account?

GL whatever you do. I think you're gonna need more luck here than on the tables.

KingNothing4

KingNothing4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ya he looks as though he is on a downward movement haha, got up to 8k or w/e real fast, but now he has lost 3.5k over a lotta games which kinda shows he really isnt a winning player to me...looks as though he caught a ho streak or maybe he is tilting...idk the graph doesnt do him jusitce if he is good.

D

dde21

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ya makes no sence just send him money for a price he has the cash to pay u

rick32

rick32

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
stake him

i have a friend whois really good at poker in my area and i have bought his way into tournys for 50% of his take and more than once we have come 1st and 2nd in the tourny.So i get half what he won and all what i won makes my bankroll bigger.so if he can make you money for your bankroll do it.