Do you fully focus on the table while playing?

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I like to listen to music while playing. But if I reach the FT I generally turn off the music to focus all my concentration on the game
I was listening to music one time and someone asked me who I was listening to , I told them Lady Gaga, the whole table busted up laughing , they thought I was lying, which I wasn't.

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
When I am relaxed, I watch another platform while playing, but when it is Strong Tournament, I only listen to music.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If the game is very important to me then I try to focus only on the game but if not then sometimes I watch a video stream on twitch or just a video on youtube but still in most cases I prefer to play without distractions !!!

GERSteven

GERSteven

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Hello,
So I usually always watch something on the side. At the moment the EPT Live is on, of course I'm watching :)

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
No. It is impossible, and a strain, to constantly fix all of your concentration on one thing. Online I'll watch movies, read things, send emails, listen to music, watch YouTubes, and other things. In live tournaments I'll look at my opponents, around the room, something on the television, etc...

Zaner

Zaner

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You hear music while playing? What type of songs?
You watch TV? Movies? Tv show? Program?
Play other game?
Other stuff? What?

I watch some tv shows while playing :censored:
i want to win all games so it's rarely i listen songs or watch tv while i played,

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It depends on how slow the game is going, how many games I may be playing, etc. I usually have the tv on to something mindless that doesn’t matter if I’m following closely; more for just background noise and the odd distraction when I need it.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Sometimes completely focused on the game, sometimes full focus gets in the way, so I do something else in the background.

mateuszjason

mateuszjason

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I know the theory that it is best to focus only on the game, but as I play online I often do something else while waiting for the cards.

When I get to the point where the game starts to get serious, i.e. I manage to pot a few times then I focus on winning.

TheniT

TheniT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'm already used to playing poker and watching some live together, if I don't do that the game gets very tedious.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You hear music while playing? What type of songs?
You watch TV? Movies? Tv show? Program?
Play other game?
Other stuff? What?

I watch some tv shows while playing :censored:
If you play for entertainment, as a personal hobby or to amuse yourself, there’s no problem of playing poker while doing other things.
However, if you want to look at poker as a serious job and a career, I would recommend an ideal and clean environment, where you can fully concentrate and put all of your mind and body at the tables.
Music, television, neighbors, family, friends and most of all, cellphones are the greatest enemies of full concentration, which we need to give our top mind focused performance.
When I sit at the tables I turn off my cellphone, take water to drink so I don’t need to get up, have a balanced meal first eating good but not excessively, things like vegetables, fruits that can potentially increase my performance, I solve all of my problems and personally I don’t enjoy to listen to music while playing, for I consider music a bit of distraction.
I had a girlfriend that used to sleep by the side of the computer I was playing, and she used to snore and that used to broke my concentration and even irritated me, that I have lost considerable amounts of hands because if her lovely snorting :ROFLMAO:
But as I said before, all of this care make part of a full mindset of a warrior, who really looks at poker as a regular job and wants to apply the Minimax theory as much as possible.

ATL2000

ATL2000

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nah, I pretty much always have something going on YouTube or the television.

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Not at begin of tournament. But later, when less of 10 % players are remaining, then yes off course. On begin I play mostly one another table.

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I pay close attention to my rivals where I also take notes on each one. These are things I was learning after more than 20 years of playing poker.

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I'm playing, I try to avoid doing anything other than concentrating on the game, but I play many tables at the same time since I play such a table it would be boring not to do anything other than play

WDStipa

WDStipa

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
I dont fully focus on the table while playing poker.

While I play poker I usually watch some youtube videos or listen to some music and sometimes I watch adult content.
Depending on the mood.

K

KALUGAJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
SK
Chips
I play on 4 tables and have the TV on, but only for listening, you can't watch

nachopaulo19

nachopaulo19

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Listening to music while playing the game helps a lot to keep my concentration on the game.

Robbit

Robbit

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I almost always play while watching something in the corner of the screen. Or listening to some music.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I listen to music, I am 100% focused with the tables on the screen and my only distraction could be said to be my cell phone, I always keep in mind that it is a great advantage over others to be aware of how they play and that helps you a lot in achieving having control at the poker table in the aspect of knowing how to play a certain player because you manage to decipher his movements that he usually does

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I can't be totally focused at the game table, I lose my patience after 2-3 hours so I listen to music, watch football, drink

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Different, sometimes I listen to music sometimes I watch a movie, there is no rule. It all depends on what I'm in the mood for, sometimes I prefer to focus only on the game.

Artemloshara

Artemloshara

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Not always, because sometimes I play several tournaments at the same time, so it's not convenient to follow only one