Do you fully focus on the table while playing?

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You hear music while playing? What type of songs?
You watch TV? Movies? Tv show? Program?
Play other game?
Other stuff? What?

I watch some tv shows while playing :censored:
To my great regret, I do not concentrate as much as possible

Highfish

Highfish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
Due to legislation in my country I can only play 4 tables at once, boring. So I watch videos and movies aside.

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like hip hop and r&b, so I have an internet station called KCVR Chileville playing in the background quite often. Warning, its dirty! ;)

Q

QueenOfHearts22

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
I'm listening to music while playing poker most of the time.

rvnhss

rvnhss

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
You hear music while playing? What type of songs?
You watch TV? Movies? Tv show? Program?
Play other game?
Other stuff? What?

I watch some tv shows while playing :censored:
I've been mainly playing Fast Forward/Cash Rush-type games so it's very hard not to be fully focused. I would listen to music but I still have to be able to listen out for the kids if they need something. I like the freeroll tournaments because the hands take so long that you can do other stuff between the fold and the next hand. In the fast games, I can just sit out if something needs doing.

I've tried playing other games but I miss the alarms and end up sitting out too often.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
The success of your game is directly dependent on what emotional state you are in. Depression and fatigue, hunger or excitement - any condition can affect the outcome of the game. You need to play full and listen to light music.The better your health, the greater the gain. Sit down at the table, only being in a state of harmony and agreement with your own self. It is this mood that will help you in multiplying capital. Poker does not tolerate passivity. As in any other competition, in poker you have to be extremely focused and always ready to fight.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Good morning everyone, it's a good question. I take poker as a profession, my source of income is what I earn playing poker, when I'm playing I try to play very concentrated. There are players who play many mtts at the same time, if the player it's profitable he'll win, but his roi will decrease, in my opinion 4 Mtts is ideal for playing paying close attention to the villains.

horscht22

horscht22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I listen to music while iam playing, I have a list on YT with some stuff from the 90´s and sometimes a hear the Olschool HipHop Stream of a Radiochannel ;)

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
During online poker I play Suduko, because too many A-holes need to use the full clock, I think it makes feel like everyone thinks they are professional, no one does. Cash live games, my focus is on the table and the players, always.

P

pokerD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I sometimes watch sports broadcasts while playing games, but I try to focus on the game completely.

iman_wd

iman_wd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
EE
Chips
It depends.
Sometimes music and sometimes movies as well.

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If I'm playing, I'm definitely not watching TV. But it doesn't hurt to listen to music. That's why I listen to music at least.

juan1579

juan1579

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I always try to only listen to music, however I like to watch poker videos or poker tournaments for more fun while playing

romych007

romych007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually listen to music. Something energizing, so that I don't fall asleep. I also read some articles to learn something new and keep in touch with what is happening around. And who watches TV these days?

staytrue001

staytrue001

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Actually no, I can listen music, talk with my friends

kanogott

kanogott

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I did not focussing on the table with 100%. Usually there are some background music. Sometimes i also watch sport. In the endphase of a tourney im more focus on the tables. I watch also the other table to get some important information about the other players. How they play and i make notes from the players and hopefully i have an advantage if these players joining my table.

andron205

andron205

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
not everyone can control themselves, it's better to play the final table in silence, that's for sure

V

VladB850

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is one of my mistake. I get distracted by other things and I'm not concentrate at the game. Sometimes I watch TV, sometimes I google for something or I'm just reading posts on cardschat

martinoni

martinoni

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I certainlly do not apply all the focus I should at the table... I'm always seeing other windows with my notebook while playing poker

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I have found that if I want to get the best results I better not let other distractions interfere with my attention and focus on the game. I have had that lesson reinforced many times.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't know if it's concentration, when you play at the same time on the computer and on the phone at multiple tables, in my view, that's deconcentration

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I only listen to music when I play and tend to be really focused on just playing my game and reading the table. I do tend to check my email or Cardschat during breaks sometimes.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I listen to podcasts, watch youtube, sports and tv series, read articles. Lately streaming on discord and chatting with friends at our private group.