• Start date
M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you follow your hand when fold? i ford with 22 when the other player go all in and deal 22 more....thats my luck...

LeonardBuda

LeonardBuda

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it's online then it doesn't work like that. RNG shuffles all the time and if you had called then the flop would not have given you 22

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ah! ok...so if i bet, there is no chance that ill get 22?

LeonardBuda

LeonardBuda

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Exactly, so if you are dealt 72 and you fold and 772 flops, don't kick yourself. If you had called, maybe flop would have been AQ8 or something

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
jajaja...many times i want to go back in time...but if its that way i relax...

Vlad symrak

Vlad symrak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is possible only online!: JD4:

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Normally once the hand folds, I'm more concerned with what everyone else had and how they bet.

A

Aca0012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes! If you want to make progress, you have to take into account your mistakes and get out of them, so you have to follow your hands!

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thats the point...do i have to bet in the same hand?...thats the question, because if i go with all in in 22...is risky, but i could won...is a mistake or not?

S

Samuel Kollapso

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The problem of sometimes starting without betting is that anybody pays his hand, and how will you evaluate ?

N

neiltur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats the point...do i have to bet in the same hand?...thats the question, because if i go with all in in 22...is risky, but i could won...is a mistake or not?
yes it is wrong to go with everything with 22 the lowest pair, if the table is not favorable to you certainly who paid you will be winning.

Adriemoren

Adriemoren

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you follow your hand when fold? i ford with 22 when the other player go all in and deal 22 more....thats my luck...

All the time happens. That the magic of poker. If you know the flop after you decide for pay or fold is so easy. Decide when bet or fold depends of strong of your cards. If you had 27 or 49 or AA. You know what must to do.

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you are rigth, its the magic of poker...but...its not wrong, sometimes go all in...here depends absolutly on luck, no probabilities..

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
example, not all, you with 10.000 chips, the oponent make an all in of 5000, what would you do?

A

AlexTheOwl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes! If you want to make progress, you have to take into account your mistakes and get out of them, so you have to follow your hands!

It is true that you have to think about your mistakes if you want to be a better player. But the way the hand plays out tells you nothing about your mistakes.

If you have 72 in your hand and the other players have AK and QQ, what do you think if the flop is 772? Do you think you made a mistake by folding?

If you fold AJ in middle position to a big raise from early position by a tight player when you both have medium stacks, and the other player shows AT, do you think you made a mistake by folding?
No, most of the time the player who raised would have a better hand then AT, and you also have many players behind you who might have good hands.

I follow the hand to see if I can gain information about other players. If a player has a straight and does not bet right away, then I know that sometimes that player slow-plays big hands, and I can use that information to help make decisions later.

vapandrei

vapandrei

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it's online then it doesn't work like that. RNG shuffles all the time and if you had called then the flop would not have given you 22

If you had proof, you'd be a God among us. That's game rigging. I assume you don't have any, right?

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How do you know the RNG shuffles after the hands are dealt ?

Does anyone know exactly how the RNG operates?

H

Haemophile

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

actually if you watch the video from pokerstars about how they shuffle the cards you would find that instead of actually shuffling every card is assigned a number from 1-52 then the computer randomly generates a number and deals that card so if the random number was say 37 then it would deal the card which had been assigned this number

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do, but usually wish I hadn't.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It happens, to have a folded pair and the flop comes something very good! It is a very annoying feeling!

purple714

purple714

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've always wondered about that. Do you know this for sure with research or is this just your opinion?

I usually do but sometimes I wish I didn't, lol!

True and notes go a long way as well...

Being a grinder means sticking to your play...

Last edited by a moderator:
T

titiduru

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just folded A2 from BB to a minimal raise, and the flop came A25 :)

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Sometimes the players raise with a lot of stuff .. Yesterday I folded 98o from the small blind and guess what I hit four cards nines

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands