Do you ever feel bad winning a hand?

MoCoSolo

MoCoSolo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obviously, you are happy that you win the money, but just ever feel bad making a long shot hand like this.

The person was slow play calling me and I thought something was fishy, but the river...omg.

Attachments

• Feels bad.jpg
    Feels bad.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 75
Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me in general, the main thing is my decision. They can be right or wrong. I feel bad and frustrated only when I make the wrong decisions. But I always try to draw conclusions for myself to avoid such mistakes in the future.

D

Daen27

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, for me it is always a joy. The person above me has already said, it's bad only when you're wrong.

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never feel bad if I have a lucky winning because poker is still a gambling game, you still can win even your winning percent is low. I just feel bad when I made some big mistakes especially when I know and feel I shouldn't do that, but I still did that finally.

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not at all, the cards will go in my favor sometimes and in someone else's another time. Attaching emotion to the outcome does little to help my game.

It's a constant effort on my part to reduce and eventually eliminate the emotional aspect of how the cards finally play out, but when I am successful limiting or reducing the emotional aspect I play better. This includes not getting excited about winning any particular hand either.

J

Jadeyt92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No way man. Always a pleasure never a chore. Obviously if the shoe was on the other foot. Ypu would be pretty miffed

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As most people here, I don't feel bad but I got the feelings of a undeserved win but hey, I'll gladly take that.

mardasenia

mardasenia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes, I feel bad when I win a hand in the event that the pot is minuscule))))

L

Lucky_Shark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, sometimes I had that feeling. I understand that perfectly.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
why should I feel bad when I am hit by luck

S

SharkFinn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes when I'm playing freerolls I'll be distracted or multitasking and not really paying attention to the poker, and because of that I'll make a bad call, and then if I hit my card and win I do feel kind of bad.

But if the call was good and I hit my card, then I feel great!

B

Butpa

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Obviously, you are happy that you win the money, but just ever feel bad making a long shot hand like this.

The person was slow play calling me and I thought something was fishy, but the river...omg.

If I had your A 3 suited hand, I wouldn’t have folded despite the flush winning hand and thought that’s a winning hand for sure. Just unlucky to be beaten by str8 flush. It happens

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Many times I play with people,who I know and whe n I win a hand with 2 3 against AA I always feel bad taste in my mouth.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why should I feel bad if I win. Victory does not need to be explained. Obviously, if I'm at the other end of the hand, it hurts. :D

But that's it, poker is like that.

MoCoSolo

MoCoSolo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I had your A 3 suited hand, I wouldn’t have folded despite the flush winning hand and thought that’s a winning hand for sure. Just unlucky to be beaten by str8 flush. It happens

Umm, I'm actually the one who hit the Straight Flush if the post and my usernames weren't super obvious.

I wouldn't have folded the Ace high flush either especially with no boarded pair. It's the 2nd best hand and literally only one pocket cards could beat it.

CheezeWiz

CheezeWiz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Not Really...Except for that One Time...

I feel like I take more than my fair share of bad beats, so on those occasions when I am on the "delivering end of the bad beat" my feelings are just more like, Oh, Wow! Yikes, Sorry About That! ... but of course I am not really sorry, I am feeling good, but yet realizing I was very fortunate to dodge that bullet!

Probably the closest thing to Feeling Guilty about winning was in a LIVE COUPLES TOURNAMENT a handful of years back. The format was that everyone played individually for the first hour and a half, then couples combined stacks and play continued rotating players each 20 minute blind level, with the other team member being removed from the poker room.

So the tournament starts and my table was roughly 50/50 Male/Female. Well, I was dealt Pocket Aces FOUR TIMES in the First Hour and a Half. So, I am not sure what the total number of hands dealt was during that 90 minutes... guessing 40 -50ish?

Wow, did I get some nasty death stairs from some of the ladies at the table, after my raises... and so, YES, I DID FEEL JUST A LITTLE BIT GUILTY!

Best of Luck at The Tables All,

CheezeWiz

K

Kenorgcom

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I feel bad when winning a hand, but only if the other player, or players have the small stacks, and struggling to survive.

Bobbybones1950

Bobbybones1950

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is how I feel When I win a Hand. :bootyshak:bootyshak:bootyshak lol

RimworldDoctor

RimworldDoctor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes when you hit runner runner it feels kind of cheap, but you win some like that and you lose some like that.

Raphael Zabel

Raphael Zabel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I won using my best game, that's fine. To look bad only when I make wrong decisions, regardless of the outcome of the hand.

H

HungryLyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No I don't feel bad winning a hand in a the way of river card win as you showed. If I was in the opposite situation where I was ahead from the flop and lose to the river card then I know how it feels losing in that way.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I understand what you’re saying because it happens to me sometimes, but I need to change this mentality.

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
Yes, heh. If I got outplayed but then hit that one outter on the river, sure. Because I have been on the other side of the coin and know how unfair it feels.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands