Do You Ever Get Bored of Poker?

magnetoak47

magnetoak47

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A friend told me once figure out if you are a smoker and be it, stop torturing yourself by quitting and starting back. I am thankfully not a smoker. I think poker is like that, you are either a poker player or not. Thus said I am a poker player and did get bored that one time I went on a tear and never lost a hand, for weeks and could do no wrong, had everyone read to a T and won piles and piles of money..... NOT, never happen and so cant ever get bored. It is a constantly, learning, confusing, disappointing, exciting, depressing, enjoyable, torturous, and psychotically unfathomable activity all the time and hence never boring. Well for me at least.

I liked a lot what you said but today I got bored being the bubble. It's so frustrating! So I stopped playing poker forever! Forever last 10 minutes, because thats how the game is ups and downs maybe this what makes this sport so awesome

SightUnseen

SightUnseen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes. Like anything in life too much of one thing will cause you to eventually get burnt out. No matter your skill level or if you're winning sometimes you just lose interest. If I play for to long in a short period of time I get burnt out very often. The game is definately fun an a mental battle but it's good to always have balance.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I watch streams and quite often I hear from middle stakes players (for me it's high stakes) that they have periods that they just hate poker and play for making money. I think from a psychological point of view it is very difficult to play your best long-distance game. and bedbit and dispersion makes itself felt

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have moments when I get bored of the game, but after a while a day or two and I continue to play because I am drawn to the game again, I’ll say that if a player plays and constantly wins, he won’t want to quit playing poker and he there will be even more interest in playing and winning more, I just have a lot of friends who have not won poker and quit playing at all

Iggykiddo

Iggykiddo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a bad habit of being more focused in higher stakes.
I tend to be a lot more loose in my play when playing lower stakes, which usually result in shit.

And when it go shit, I get boored.

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

Yes - I am sure most people get bored with poker - Especially if it has become a rut.
Also if you are on a long lossing streak , I a sure you will get bored.

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, poker is never boring. Maybe because I try to treat it like a job. Well, I'm more of a cash player, I rarely play tournaments. Therefore, I always feel a surge of energy and adrenaline when I sit down at the tables.

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I played this morning and lost $20 so i took a break collected myself and now i'm ready to get back at it, as for boring not even close to much excitement and fun so lets play :)

The Riff_Raff :cool:

T

tuSavvy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I stopped playing poker for more than 3 years, after playing for only 2.5 years. Some other activities just were more existing during that time. So yes, I got already bored and will probably be bored again in the future

H

HeyMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes and stopped playing for 3 years !! The break was good

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Hello, in some moments it exhausts me but it doesn't bore me for me poker is exciting and fun :D

M

Marcelobp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mostly of the times i felt bored with poker. But this felling ocurred with poker online. Because live poker for me , is more fun that 20 dollars that you can gain. Poker never was for me one sport that i wanted gain more and more, and yes a distraction. Obvious , i want money. But my daily commitments prevent me to dedicating more and more to poker.

Bleeis

Bleeis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not for now not, but when I get tired I rest a couple of days

O

olegshubin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’m really tired of playing poker and even now, I played all today, I can’t look at the poker table anymore, but my hand still reaches out to open a new table...

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think your playing for the money not for the passion of the game , cause there is no difference between playing for 1000$ or playing for free unless money is the target , so in that case sure you will get board .

K

kubistok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand. In this case is very hard to find any motivation for playing.

J

Jusko1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Everywhere and in poker, balance is especially important. Keep a balance between poker and relaxation and everything will be fine.
I think this is the best way to look on all things in life. To have a balance for everything. Poker for me is very interesting but when I play to often, I become tired of it

R

Ricardo_lhp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If there is one thing I will never tire of, it is poker, I love this game and as long as I breathe I will play. I already have to start over several times because I am not a professional and I play only as a source of extra income, so I have gone back to low limits several times and I have been building my bankroll to play the limits I used to play again. It doesn’t matter if somebody wants to live on poker you have to have patience, focus and dedication, because in the beginning playing the low limits is tiring since the return is small, but if the person is deidic and studies he can beat this limkte fast and go up for the bigger ones.

fosa17

fosa17

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you like something you are never bored, and poker is a passion, a fun and a hobby, everything I need, I would never get bored

I

ios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I'm getting bored when going from higher to lower stakes. Then usually I play very loose and bad. Like 'I know I shouldnt call this AI, guy seems having better hand than me, but well its only 25cent tournament." CALL. LOST. bankroll drops to 0, I'm making a break and after break suddenly even freerolls with 2k people playing become interesting ;)

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never get bored of poker, like it to much. I just take breaks , from poker when cards are cold. Sometimes cards are cold for days, then have one good day, where my strong hands hold up. I know I can never get bored of poker.

brains12341

brains12341

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There have been times when i was completely fedup and tired o playing. This is when i give the game a little break, take a ew days of of it.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Yep, at the moment, lacking motivation.

L

Luqitazzz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obviously it is not the same, but I take all tournaments the same way, I always play my way, obviously the participants may not be the same, but my way of playing does not change at all.