Do you consider poker a serious activity?

nastena2992

nastena2992

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many times had to discuss this topic with friends, acquaintances, parents ... I would like to know your position on this issue. Poker - this is serious for you or not, there is a view of the social status of the game, so to speak. Own judgment on the matter the author, too, has ...;)

PCK

PCK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me ,yes is serious,and yes in generaly people see poker like a joke,a game of luck.You should never speak about poker with people who does not understand this concept :D

rytciaq

rytciaq

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a hobby of mine, so I don't take it VERY seriously, since it's not possible to win enough to start taking it really seriously with the limits i'm playing in.

rawbad

rawbad

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I work from home and play poker online to make a couple dollars extra so I do take it seriously

skull89

skull89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it wasn't serious a lot of people didn't let behind everything to live from poker.
The problem is that there is a thinking from the older people that poker is just gamble, when it doesn't.
But with poker growing in all aspects all around the world this thinking tends to be less and less used, I hope.

S

Stephenunited

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is just as serious as you make it. If you are playing for high stakes or it is your main source of income then it is serious. Many people play for fun/ enjoyment, as a hobby, so it is less serious.

For me, I take it serious as far as I do my best to try and win, but if I lose, it is not a serious consequence.

W

wildice13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is just as serious as you make it. If you are playing for high stakes or it is your main source of income then it is serious. Many people play for fun/ enjoyment, as a hobby, so it is less serious.

For me, I take it serious as far as I do my best to try and win, but if I lose, it is not a serious consequence.

this^^^

A

alexis8888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is serious enough like chess or karma

6bet me

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a sport and it's just as serious as any other sport. Like most sports, only the very top players can make a living from it. People might tell you to "grow up" if you're playing football 5 days per week, but honestly, as long as you're doing what you love and coping financially, then there is no shame in the lifestyle you choose.