Do You Consider Poker a Passion, Job or Hobby?

igorneia

igorneia

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I think poker is a passionate game that depends on luck and does not depend only on skill.

Goodnight friend !!
poker for me is a hobby that I am passionate about, I don't believe that one day I will have a bankroll and be safe enough to consider a job.
I'm very happy even when I earn a few cents but I don't lose my peace when I lose.:fight:

25Giggs

25Giggs

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Goodnight friend !!
poker for me is a hobby that I am passionate about, I don't believe that one day I will have a bankroll and be safe enough to consider a job.
I'm very happy even when I earn a few cents but I don't lose my peace when I lose.:fight:

Good thing you don't lose your peace.
That goes to show you you're bigger than the game, which is the whole point to me too.

But i still think you should try to win with everything you got in order to feel satisfied by your game.
That's what I do ;)

igorneia

igorneia

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Good thing you don't lose your peace.
That goes to show you you're bigger than the game, which is the whole point to me too.

But i still think you should try to win with everything you got in order to feel satisfied by your game.
That's what I do ;)

I try to win, I am satisfied with the victory, but it is just a hobby, but I always try to focus on having a good victory.

D

DoIHaveAFlush

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely a combination of Passion and Hobby! I enjoy spending time of my day on improving my poker skills - whether it is playing online or learning on YouTube watching professional poker Players, watching Masterclass or reading books About poker.

Even thinking About buying some merch from pokerstars, such as a cap..:-D

darionara

darionara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that all people can see them in the 3 ways, a hobby is a passion, and as a last resort you can make it your way of income, it is too cool to play poker

fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I considered poker a passion that payed my bills. Until this whole quarantine happened and I realized it was my sole source of income lol. So I guess over the past 10 years it has slowly become my job.

R

ritz_avalanche

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I consider poker to be a part time job n passion

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, I consider it a hobby, but I am passionate about it as well, though I haven't been too involved much in playing the last couple of years as I have a much bigger passion in the gym. But now that we have some more time with the current pandemic, I have a little bit more time to play poker, and I intend to. I want to get back into the freeroll club as soon as possible, as those tournaments are always really excellent and well done.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Passion

I consider playing poker to be a passion of mine.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi there

for me it´s all 3
cant stay away, every day and every night
Until i make it in the lottery and even so
Rgds

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hi I consider poker a hobby for me. I'm not near good enough to think of it any other way than that. I wouldn't want it to be my job, because then I would most likely hate poker like most people do when they have to go to work. I guess I really like poker and would like to keep it as a hobby for me. To those who have it as a good, I hope you still find it somewhat entertaining as I do.

P

PROFEssOR900

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker is a job, and a hobby is playing poker with friends with beer

rj_montana

rj_montana

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's definitely a hobby with an upside, especially through mixing freerolls into the lineup. Judging by the statistics poker would seem to be a hobby for the vast majority of players

S

sinchirocka

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I consider poker for me as fascinating hobby, and also a good evening spending time :)

F

Fernet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The poker is my passion

Currently it is my passion and hobby, I am dedicating a lot of time, studying a lot and improving my game, obviously I would like it to be a job in the future

MikeDTT

MikeDTT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me is just a hobby full of passion, not a job at all.

dzsejlo23

dzsejlo23

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A szuper póker a hobbim, nyilvánvalóan azt akarom, hogy ne legyen így, de sajnos ez egyelőre nagyon messze van, de remélem, hogy egy nap eljön az időm, amikor minden megváltozik

B

Bober

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a hobby for me. I play in my spare time with work and family.
In the future, I want to improve my low-income poker skills.

Bleeis

Bleeis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I consider it a combination of everything, but depends on each person

B

BasTid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most definitely a Hobby!

I'm not good enough for it to be anything else.
My goal is to get good enough that I can make $50 while maintaining a solid BR!

But I still have a ton to learn, haven't even settling on what format I want to play, cash, SNG or MTT.

W

WeiserAdler13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it’s a passion and I really enjoy playing this game

H

hcuervo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It starts as a hobby, it becomes passion and with time it becomes a job, but the latter only for the chosen ones

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
Its a hobby. Illusions of it becoming a 'job' have long past gone.

E

erce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think poker is a passionate game that depends on luck and does not depend only on skill.

if you base your poker play on luck you wont win, mostly there are skill involved.
and i consider poker as a hobby and job.