Do you Bluff?

T

Tman300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't bluff as much in online poker as I do in live poker because in online poker you can't examine the facial and body expressions like you can in live poker

C

CSINSC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you bluff when playing online ?

I find that I bluff all the time online and cant seem to play the same way I play in live.

I bluff every single session I play whether online OR live.

One of the problems U might have is in live play you actually care what people think of you. For example let's say you bluff on all 3 streets & get called and people scoff at your bluffing/bad play. This may hurt your feelings. Now if U do it online & don't get away with it then U have no clue if people are laughing at you or not so U will bluff again.

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with bluffing & it actually is a MUST in most games.

Believe it or not if U ONLY bet when you have the goods and ONLY check when U missed the flop then U will easily lose because people will have U figured out.

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OFTEN HAPPENS TO TAKE BLUFF,, I PLAY VERY SAFE AND WHEN WILL PRACTICE BLUFF NOT WORK VERY WELL

G

Grinder888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i rarely bluff as i feel that in the long run its a losing strategy. I feel like it way more EV+ to just value bet and wait for the goods.

The right frequency can make you from under dog to a favorite! And can increase profits in long run but you need to randomize bluffs rather than pulling them on whims

SBEP

SBEP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Always :D but u have to know how to bluff, its not just betting big and hope, u have to sold the story from beginning to the end, and thats how good bluff`s work, while bluffing in a live game its way harder, theres a lot of tells u have to hold not to give yourself up :D and its harder, experience players are fast to pick up on this things :D and will use every trick in the book to get as much out of u as they can.

J

Jnuttall26

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have noticed when playing online like most people said here. It is WAY different than live. I bluff all the time online, but live I seldom do. I am more conservative live.

Jancianna

Jancianna

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try bluffing fairly often I'd say. Perhaps a bit too often. It tends to blow up in my face and I lose plenty of games because of that. I think the problem is that once a person bluffs it kind of intoxicates him because you just made everyone fold with trash cards so you start thinking you will get away with it every time. And that always leads to ruin.

AlexBlefer

AlexBlefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
aLEXbLUFF :d

bluff is my middle name: Do u really depends on the whole situation of the game. oPPONENT(s) Chipcount. pSIHOLOGY....iN LIVE GAME

In live game is much easier and of course with players who know how to play poker...

Z

zkel1980

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There's no denying - bluffing can put you in the s**t, but, at the right time it can make you chip leader and put you past the bubble.

B

Bigboss

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluff - component of poker. So how to play not bluffing in poker.But like everything else in poker have to do with time and brains.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The bluff is the basis of poker, how to play and don't bluff))) In terms of playing live practice and practice and more confidence.

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
This is part of the strategy to achieve a desired goal.

Is secret! :D

J

JohnBoe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm new to poker and in the early days when I tried to bluff I just bet very much, but a few weeks ago I read some articles about it when and how to bluff and since then I bluff in the good spots, and it works most of the time :)

JusThieF

JusThieF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Without it u cannot go far u just need to feel when and how to do it, it deepends with who u play... dont bluff at start firstly take some knowlege about other players.Some players plaing loose some agressive.

Glorioso14

Glorioso14

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if i raise you have to fold.. i never bluff ejeje

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Played on a cruise ship .. learned quickly to bluff.

Played for real cash on a cruise ship .. first game hardly ever bluffed and made my contribution. Next three games bluffed a lot (in position) and won two first and on second place finish.

G

gattutoche85

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes sometimes but depends on my state of being, depends how confindent i get or even how difficult my opponents is

J

johnnygadget

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only play online and find it necessary to bluff, especially when the algorithms don't like me that day and I get nothing worth playing with. I usually play what I think the value of my cards are, but for the most part this game does not reward honesty. The worst part of bluffing online has been mentioned previously, if someone calls, and lots of players online will, they are very likely to beat you on the river. My strategy lately is if I'm bluffing I'm at least holding low pair or an ace or king, but I play like I've got the straight or flush. Not very successful usually, but a few times it has helped me make it to money position.

N

nermis13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
veja..depende opponent .. how the table ta playing ... I use it with gun ... more not all the time .. have to merge your game .. to pass the bluff

J

JohnBoe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here is a great tutorial on how to bluff. This one helped me a lot!

vic88888

vic88888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess when you are short stacked and big blind to boot, but don't have enough chips for big blind, you have to play any hand you have, which I guess a 7 2 can be a bluff. Although in that case one has really no choice.

garfield89

garfield89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not like I was bluffing, I love to play all in when I have a pair in hand,but bluffing no, I is not trying for now, I'm still fresh in this world,maybe so