Do you believe in Poker myths?

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you play poker you have to use math, you have to calculate what odds you have to win on the turn or river, and how many outs you have, if it is worth the chips on the table compared to your chips etc.

filippfilm

filippfilm

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Do any poker myths appear in your game? For example "always coming 7" or "Brunson hand", that wins you the pot?

No, in my case, all these myths do not work and I am not inclined to believe in something that does not exist!:jd4::):jd4:

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
No poker myths when you understand the game.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There's a guy at poker tables who has a picture of 8 in his avatar. I raised around 2.3bbs with AKo and he called with 83s.
Turn gave King and a third heart on the table. I had top pair and flush-kicker and he had already hit flush. I think I don't have to mention that I was out in the next moment. ;)

Pawlowski

Pawlowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t believe in myths. It’s more related to math.
But time to time, in a tournament, we can see same pair winning all the time. :)

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I believe in myths, I won the whole year not with the best pocket cards in all poker rooms, but after I said this, luck turned away from me and these cards.

T

The Long Shot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Feels like I have runs where every hand I fold pre-flop seems to hit huge and would take down a big pot, if only I was still in.

But humans are great at spotting patterns, even if there are none there, and poker-playing humans are probably even more attuned to seeing those patterns. It doesn't mean they're relevant, reliable, or even real.

I want those superstitious people at my table - they're always lucky for me ;)

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do any poker myths appear in your game? For example "always coming 7" or "Brunson hand", that wins you the pot?

Nahhhhhhhh

They're fun to joke around with as banter, but I don't actually believe them :icon_sant

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a downswing after any small win
always like this

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only myth I believe is that of the Dead Man's Hand (a pair of black Aces and a pair of black Eights). I have been shot three times holding this hand. :eek:

srurrr

srurrr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a waste of time just to believe such a thing.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Pokerstars freeroll is a gambling game from the early stage to bubble if you make it to the money than is a skill game. that was my experience with it

Also this ^ is not myth anymore so ...

S

sibird

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I don't believe in myths. But certain things goes on in repeated manner without any logical reasoning. You may say it as the trend of the cards.

For example, I have AQ and flop shows K as the highest card. I never won that hand.

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The 9 always go out. It is my myth.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Yes, I believe in the myth that good flops are dealt to set up players and that poker is a source of easy money.

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I think that most of these myths were just created to romanticize the game, to make it appear as if there's more going on than dry probability calculations and the lust for money. Therefore I don't believe in them.

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I don't believe in this, but sometimes I open 72 against a fish to piss him off if I win a hand and make him make even worse decisions.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I often hear players that have favourite cards, or lucky hands they always play and never fold them pre-flop. Personally I don't have any because pre-flop any 2 cards can win, likewise any 2 cards can lose.
I have on some occasions folded Pocket Aces knowing that if I lose I will forfeit the game, on other occasions I have called an all-in with 7/2 if it is not going to damage my stack too much, because I know from experience that some times even the worst starting hands can win!
Dolly Brunson hand of 10/2, became Legendary because he won two World Series Tournaments with those two cards, but what you have to take into account is that he was holding a massive Chip advantage on both occasions and would only double up his opponents dwindling stack which still would not prove too disastrous if he lost the hand.
I often get 10/2 dealt to me in games and think "Dolly Brunson hand" FOLD! Because I am not Doyle Brunson. but if it is only going to cost me a single blind I might just "Call" if I am feeling lucky.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well I accually never heard of any poker myths. would you like to share some?

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
No. But they are entertaining.

Moroccanbluff26

Moroccanbluff26

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I do, speacialy with my lucky �� hand

TirariAchref

TirariAchref

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
Well i do but my luck is not the best right now.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe in good playing techniques and strategies and a little bit of luck to help win hands.