Do you all "have a hand"

HoldemChamp

HoldemChamp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have two observations about AA.

When you slow play inevitably there will be 5 or more people in the pot. Not good when you hold AA.

If you go all in with them preflop there will be some donk that just has to play and will suckout on you. You actually entice bad players when you go all in preflop. Yes you want that to a point. But, you in a sense are leaving things totally to chance when you go all in preflop with AA. You wil likely be facing 2 live cards. Of course there are the times when you get multiple calls of your all in. That really bites because the more people in the hand the worse it is for your AA.

So, make a strong raise preflop. 4 to 5x the BB is sufficient usually. You might still get called by a donk. But when 789 all hearts flop, you at least have an way out in case the guy stick a flush or straight with his 56. You can raise and if he reraises or just cold calls proceed cautiously. If you sense you are beaten you can fold. Yes you lose chips. But, you are still in the game if you both have close to even stacks. If you go all in and the donk calls with 56 suited where are you when that 789 of hearts flops. You have no way out of the hand and have to hope on runner runner A.
Leave yourself options.

Beriac

Beriac

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA is not invincible. Even one-on-one against something like 76s (not exactly an all-in hand one-on-one), it loses nearly 25% of the time. That's as likely or unlikely as losing two coin flips in a row. Two.

If there is a coin flip forum out there for online coin flippers, I would guess it would take more than two consecutive lost flips to make someone really tilt!

MackemMan

MackemMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
My favourite hole cards are 10 and k of hearts. Dunno why but I just love them two cards. Any other 10 k is just not the same........

MackemMan :D

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands