Do u trash talk 2 donkeys after they make a horrible call 2 suckout? GUTSHOT ALL IN!

B

bLoOm4747

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i know every1 says they have...but i have taken some really bad beats... and i dunno if the players know the cards r coming or they r just so bad that they dont know when to fold. i have gotten beat by gutshot straight draws all in when i have aces or kings 100s of times. i consider all in flush draws a bad call as well. and bottom pair all ins and hitting the river to catch trips.
my question is do u say something after that happens or is it not even worth it because they wont learn anyway? do they understand that they made a bad call or do they think that it was a good call because they won the hand by sucking out?

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
bLoOm4747 said:
my question is do u say something after that happens or is it not even worth it because they wont learn anyway?
It's not worth it (why lower yourself). And besides, why would you want them to learn from their mistakes? It's those dumb mistakes they make that are profitable for you in the long run.

A

Adventurebound2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Like Juicee said, "why lower yourself"

Ignore them, wait for the nuts, slowplay and then let 'em try to bluff you then go for the jugular vein with a vicious checkraise...More often than not they'll think they have you on tilt and call. (or better yet reraise as a feeble attempt to scare you away). The louder the mouth of the villian, the harder it is for them to fold loosing hands

shrtstakatak

shrtstakatak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I'm upset I say I am always happy to see donkeys being positively rewarded for bad play. I don't like it when it's at my expense but it happens. Then I give them a polite compliment (nh, g1, nice one) and let them think 'they done goooood'.

I try to remember in the long run I'm ahead in those sitches.

B

bLoOm4747

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
"The louder the mouth of the villian, the harder it is for them to fold loosing hands"

that was def a good line...thanks for all the responses cuz u r all right...i used to say things to them but i will def stop...its def not worth it to lower myself...but i dunno if i can tell them nice hand or good 1 lol

Yumboltking

Yumboltking

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
lol, I think you know my answer to that one.:D

Prysm

Prysm

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to get upset at bad players and have said some things to warrent a one month ban on my chat privleges. I have grown wiser. You want people to play those gut shots, 2 outers, and chase. If you can get all their/your chips in the middle in these situations, you've already won. As the number of these situations grows large with correct play, so shall your expected gains be. This is a lot better than playing someone who KNOWS what they're doing.

So to recap:

*You want these situations to occur.

*You will win the majority of the time.

*You will lose some times. Make sure the sting doesn't cause you to play incorrectly. Just because you lose doesn't mean you played a hand wrong. And if a loss causes you that much grief that you want to curse someone out, you're not in the correct mind frame. Learn2Say, "Wow, Nice Hand. GG."

B

bLoOm4747

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
haha yumbolt whats good yoooo...yea i wanted to hear what people thought about that 1...that is such a classic question and i def know ur answer

G

gembob13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't personally, cause I make bad calls myself, but it is entertaining when people go at it....

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its not a case of dont lower yourself. Havnt you heard of the saying dont tap on the fishtank. You dont want to tell them their play is rubbish because they are playing poor poker, so you want them to continue doing that for you to make profits against them.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have got close - but then think 'dont tap the tank and wake the fish' :)

If you're going to get mad do it by taking all their money in return :) :evil:

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nobody likes to be told what to do, a lot of people play poker purely for fun, and someone that lectures other people on how to play is likely to be perceived as a sore loser. I always smile when some sanctimonious pratt starts telling people in a freeroll what they should have done. I usually point out that it's a freeroll, and they just need to chill - which I suppose in effect makes me just as bad as them! :cool:

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'll either say "hmmm" or "lol" or nothing at all.

I've also notice that at least 1/2 of the trashtalkers are actually the donk in the hand. Especially the ones that raise every other hand then are outraged when their bluff is called down by a low pair or something:rolleyes: .

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've also notice that at least 1/2 of the trashtalkers are actually the donk in the hand. Especially the ones that raise every other hand then are outraged when their bluff is called down by a low pair or something:rolleyes: .
Actually that's very true, it's remarkable how many of these self-proclaimed "experts" are knocked out quite quickly, and everyone is usually pleased to see the back of them

A

Adventurebound2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
"The louder the mouth of the villian, the harder it is for them to fold loosing hands"

that was def a good line...thanks for all the responses cuz u r all right...i used to say things to them but i will def stop...its def not worth it to lower myself...but i dunno if i can tell them nice hand or good 1 lol

I don't say nice hand etc. to them when they actually did play one right, I just sty quiet. When they push real hard on a hand I know I'm tossing anyway I may pause, type in "Hmmmm" or "just 1 time" then fold. That pumps up their bravado all the more which in turn just makes them that much easier to take out.

Had one last night at a MTT, shows up at my table with 5x the stack of everyone and anounces "The Champ is here" . People were talking back to him and he managed to knock out 3 people. Within a half hour 3/4's of his stack were in my pile and the rest in the only other guy who kept his mouth shut and let the idiot banter on. The guys that were talking back worried to much about the conversation they let their game go to pieces and were either down to small stacks or gone...

Concentrate on the game...cards will come and jerks will go.

4Aces

4Aces

is watching you
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always say "nh, sfd". Then they say "ty, but what is sfd?", I then reply "stupid f**king donk". Its fun, and i just cant help myself

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Actually I quite often turn chat off now, especially if I'm at a table with a zzzzzzzzzzzzz person...

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's not worth it (why lower yourself). And besides, why would you want them to learn from their mistakes? It's those dumb mistakes they make that are profitable for you in the long run.

exactly!
I use to yell at them when i first started playing online.....untill a friend of mine who was teaching me online poker...was watching me without me knowing...told me basically what Juicee said..."Why scare the fish away, let them keep biting and over time you'll catch them"

although most fish will be fish
and will never learn....lets hope it stays that way;)

MrMuckets

MrMuckets

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The longer i play the quieter i get. If they could learn anything other than to solidify their belief in themselves as great players it would be different. If they really want to learn they should join a forum. They won't always get the answers they are wanting or expecting but they will get a much clearer picture of their own abilities:):):)

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have got close - but then think 'dont tap the tank and wake the fish' :)

If you're going to get mad do it by taking all their money in return :) :evil:
are you getting prettier or am I drinking to much :p

I fight my urge to talk trash , esp. at bodog where I can really cuss them and they can't cuss back :) I stopped because I don't want to lose my cool or let any hand change my attitude. I just smile to myself mark it down and wait for my chance . sometimes you get it , sometimes you don't.

it don't matter if you tap on the tank in a ring game because he just doubled up on you and is about to swim away any minute now anyway . :p

you cant blame them if someone take 15 seconds EVERY hand on a preflop decision.

joke right ? I know its not but can't you see how sad that is ? a quarter of a minute every hand OMG !! can you imagine that in a live poker game .

4 you just need to play 4 tables , read a book , watch tv , surf the net and relax while playing . chill my friend :p

The Shrog

The Shrog

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This post has been extremely helpful. In watching a lot of the guarantee final tables on Tilt while I'm playing my own game, I see these suckouts but a lot of the time, there's no banter or argument. I never thought of it as a positive thing when my opponent calls with a gutshot or middle pair when I'm holding aces. Doing the math, why not want them calling when they're far behind? Thanks again for the post.

daxter70

daxter70

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This post has been extremely helpful. In watching a lot of the guarantee final tables on Tilt while I'm playing my own game, I see these suckouts but a lot of the time, there's no banter or argument. I never thought of it as a positive thing when my opponent calls with a gutshot or middle pair when I'm holding aces. Doing the math, why not want them calling when they're far behind? Thanks again for the post.

that math dont work for me cuz they always hit their 2nd to my overpair cuz they aint got the sense to get out of the hand preflop with 67 os to a 5x raise, and flop comes 863 and im holding QQ and the push my reraise of their flop bet and catch the 7 on the river....

happened 3 times in a row over the weekend on PS in triple shootout qualifiers at 1st and 2nd table with 67 taking me out all three times....:cool:

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you cant blame them if someone take 15 seconds EVERY hand on a preflop decision.
Yes I can, usually they are immature/kids, and they often do it when the person involved is quite clearly having connection problems. Also people are entitled to take their time to make a decision if they want to, if those impatient pillocks don't like it maybe they should go and play the latest FPS instead. The site will automatically fold their cards for them if they take too long, so you don't need some moron typing zzzzzzzz

V

vagas35

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NEVER EVER give them tips on there poor calls that got lucky, your there to take there cash, not give out tips. Tips will come back to bite you, if they want to learn good poker they will join cardchat.