Do professional poker player take study drugs and is it cheating?

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this is all nonsense, nobody takes any drugs. The main thing is to know the theory and a lot of practice. And poker victories are just around the corner.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Those players who are up there and have been staying for a few years are doing too well with their psyche and they don't need anything else to help.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think that poker pros don't do drugs, they use their IQ to the fullest.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It is not a question of your belief.

Numerous professionals openly admit to smoking marijuana (Bryn Kenney etc)

https://www.leafly.com/news/lifestyle/secret-history-cannabis-world-series-poker

Further I am sure many take stimulants as detailed by Charlie Carrol. Each one to his own. Some people fail to grasp that certain drugs enhance others mood and play. On top of that there is zero regulation so if someone wants to play as high as a kite, so be it.

For what it is worth I do no drugs myself but have been acquainted with some hyper individuals who seriously imbibe just to chill themselves enough to undertake complicated tasks.

Obviously, players who take drugs will sooner or later have a serious problem. Dead professionals can no longer win.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Obviously, players who take drugs will sooner or later have a serious problem. Dead professionals can no longer win.

Marijuana is now legal in 18 US states with the number climbing rapidly. So your comments are uninformed and absurdly alarmist. Millions and millions of people around the world indulge in marijuana and do not have 'serious' problems...they do not die from smoking pot.

Ridiculous comment.

provenezuela

provenezuela

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have known non-professional players who take drugs like pot, who supposedly to relax, but I consider that it is not necessary to take drugs, to play poker well, I do not know any professional player who uses drugs. :D

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
In my opinion, most professional players follow a healthy lifestyle and do not use alcohol or drugs. At least they do not use drugs or alcohol during a live tournament. Players become professionals through skill and experience, not through psychotropic substances.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Marijuana is now legal in 18 US states with the number climbing rapidly. So your comments are uninformed and absurdly alarmist. Millions and millions of people around the world indulge in marijuana and do not have 'serious' problems...they do not die from smoking pot.

Ridiculous comment.

I am not against marijuana, but in my opinion it is better to choose sports than smoking.
Instead of criticizing my comments, try to focus on improving your skills, you may be able to achieve better results. :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 27
P

Pokerman32750

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No I prefer a healthy lifestyle to debauchery, medicine and drugs

Vivaly

Vivaly

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is difficult for anyone to live 12 hours without fatigue, not just the players. The drug user only harms himself. But at the same time, it seems to me that many professional players have tried any drugs at least once in order to understand how it will work on them.
:alien::canabis::dancing2::ridinghor:tee:

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Thats a bad habit to health, but the use of HUDs cheatiest than it.

J

jesusali1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Drugs like Adderall and Ritalin, increases alertness, energy, heart rate, breathing rate, and blood pressure for a short time. It is used to treat ADHD, but others take them illegally as a study drug for exams to prevent mental fatigue.

Do you think this type of doping is consider cheating? When you do a 12 hour tournament the final hours is a battle against fatigue. It is hard for most recreational players to go 12 hours without ending up in mental fatigue.

Unfortunately, being one of the strongest cards and preflop hands, I always play it all in and for that reason in poker I can't fold anymore, even though I once played until the post flop but still I never folded, because the baddest hands knew how to beat me.

motonutz

motonutz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Illegal or immoral?

Yes people have many different opinions of taking a stimulant to help them in a 12-hour tournament, but I really don't think it is illegal unless you're pro curing the medication from the street or from another person or if you're not being prescribed them yourself in that case it would be illegal,

I think at this point it would be more of moral issue than an illegal one...

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't see any problem about it. I do not consider it cheating.

B

bigthereal

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah, I think they may take some to focus

Geksan_87

Geksan_87

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, yes, this is, for example, comparable to when players on the Internet use prohibited programs that give advantages over oponents, regardless of their knowledge and skills

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hadn't even seen this happening in poker tournaments around the world, people using drugs for high performance, I'm not really accepted with this idea of ​​benefiting from using drugs.

B

BlademasterX

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Unclear

i don't think it’s exactly cheating. They’re will Ben side effects and crash after, so if that what they want to do, so be it.

Personally, I wouldn’t use those, but nothing against booster shots and caffeine.

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think it is ridiculous to consider any of these drugs mentioned as truly "performance enhancing drugs".

In any case, I also think a person should have the right to do what they want as long as it isn't hurting anyone else. That would be difficult to do with "hard drugs", given that the existence of the market itself is harmful all along the supply chain.

However, as others have said, Cannabis has become legal in many states, all across canada, in portugal, South Africa, several South American countries and has been decriminalised in many others. It is used as an appetite

There are a lot of judgemental folk here it would seem... Y'all might want to walk a few miles in another person's shoes before you make your mind up about what is right and what is wrong.

I know folks who had no appetite/couldn't keep food down following Cancer treatment, until they tried cannabis. I know folk who were almost paralysed by anxiety, until their doctor prescribed Cannabis. They became a fully functioning person again. I know MANY folks who suffer from various forms of pain -- back pain, arthritis, knee/hip/joint pain...and guess what? Prescribed cannabis alleviated their pain.

Now, I don't think it is likely a cure-all...nothing is. But who are we to deny these folks substances which can improve the quality of their lives?

Rather than criminalising those who have lost their way and become addicted, we should help them. I'd far rather spend my "tax dollars" on making people succeed rather than locking them up (though murderers, rapists and kiddie fiddlers can all find their success on a remote island somewhere).

But back to the topic, I really don't mind what people do whilst they play poker as long as they don't turn into an ass-hat whilst doing it.

The whole drug debate is tedious though, as corporations are filling us with all kinds of things in the name of capitalism that are no better for us than what we call drugs. And "drugs" really just means government regulated chemical. Otherwise, everything is a drug. Everything is a chemical... everything we consume has a physiological and psychological effect.

Cheers,
ObbleeXY

filippfilm

filippfilm

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Drugs like Adderall and Ritalin, increases alertness, energy, heart rate, breathing rate, and blood pressure for a short time. It is used to treat ADHD, but others take them illegally as a study drug for exams to prevent mental fatigue.

Do you think this type of doping is consider cheating? When you do a 12 hour tournament the final hours is a battle against fatigue. It is hard for most recreational players to go 12 hours without ending up in mental fatigue.

I didn't do drugs myself, but I know that legendary champion Stu Unger did drugs all the time:jd4::):jd4:

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If Poker was recognised as a Sport and as some predict that it could be introduced as an Olympic event, then I am sure governing bodies would see it as cheating.
Any form of drugs can be addictive and become a problem for the person taking them, I know people who are addicted to over the counter, and presumption pain killers like Co-codamol and Codeine, even caffeine based drugs like Pro-Plus are bad for you, if you don't follow the recommended dosage.
Just because a drug might become legal like Cannabis etc, does not mean you should abuse it, and unless there is a medical reason for using any drug there really is no reason why a perfectly healthy person should resort to using any drug for anything other than the purpose for which it was intended.
I have played against Cannabis smokers in some live games, and for all the excuses they use to justify playing stoned, they are still beatable, because they fear nothing and they have a over-rated self belief that it helps them play.
I have even heard Cigarette smoker use the excuse that smoking helps them concentrate, Nicotine has no effect whatsoever on a person's ability to concentrate.
It is only the person's belief in the drug helping them to play better, that makes them believe they are helping.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

B

bioman420

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The issue of drug use during or before the game on the LINE or face-to-face, if poker is considered by many to be a sport, the consumption of drugs by players during a major competition should be considered as a drug used to be able to favor advantages to the player both online and in person, but it is up to each person what they want to consume or not, it is worth remembering that drug abuse in poker can indeed present advantages or disadvantages for the player.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
I am not against marijuana, but in my opinion it is better to choose sports than smoking.
Instead of criticizing my comments, try to focus on improving your skills, you may be able to achieve better results. :)
Try not to make ridiculous comments, that way no one will criticize them.

To give advise, one has to have something to back them up.

ffda3e9e50ac19fc2132de680debd994.png

:top:

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I despise the pharmaceutical industry and these days, I won't even take so much as an aspirin. I just suffer thru whatever pain I might be experiencing, and the reason is because pain is a very important message to listen to, pain tells us that we have a physical problem that we should tend to immediately... and the way to tend to it is NOT BY TAKING PILLS, the way to tend to it is to address the issue head-on and confront it, deal with it, resolve it. Of course I understand that being in pain is a terrible state of mind, but that should increase our urgency of dealing with the root cause of the pain. Sometimes there's not very much we can do, such as spraining an ankle, the real cure for that is simply time, wait it out and let the body heal itself. But even in this case, I refuse to give in and take a pill, I just suffer thru it. I know it makes me a bit "odd" compared to others, but I am astonished at how many people just gobble down all kinds of drugs, and how they trust the doctors who prescribe those drugs, not realizing most of those doctors are getting kickback "bribes" or "payoffs" from the pharmaceutical drug companies and so their ultimate motivation is money, not "health". I refuse to participate in the medical community, I only would go to a doctor these days for something mechanical, such as a broken bone. But I'll never accept a doctor whose solution to a painful issue is "here, take these pills". The last time I saw a doctor, this is precisely what he did, and that was the last straw for me. I didn't fill the prescription he gave me, instead, I worked on my diet and solved my digestive problems naturally, with NO drugs at all. Ever since then, I have sworn off doctors, and of course I realize there are still good doctors out there who aren't so driven by money, but they get harder to find with each passing year, basically they are the older doctors who are nearing retirement age, the younger university-trained doctors are a lost cause at this point, they are fully immersed in the pharmaceutical solutions. If that works for you, great, but it doesn't work for me. Just look at what these idiots have done over the past 18 months, promoting this fraud and hoax... the medical community is just as immoral and unethical as any other industry, perhaps even moreso... and yet almost all humans believe doctors can do no wrong... think again.