Discomfort

sanych

sanych

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you experience discomfort in the game after a series of bad beats at the very beginning of the session, or vice versa with a good upstreak?

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I believe that if there is discomfort, it is better not to play for a while. The reasons for the dyscomfort are different, but you can not play your best game. I think that from time to time all players experience discomfort.

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good time for break or finish for the day. Depends why but if its just the momentum going against us theres no point fighting it... be patient itll turn around eventually

Sergio_uy

Sergio_uy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I spend a lot that I lose and I focus on recovering the lost, and I continue to lose.

There is a good time to stop playing

lourivalveras

lourivalveras

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've read in some articles about the negative effects of bad beats, causing a tilt mode on the player. It's on my plans to study this thread harder by reading the Jared Tendler and Barry Carter's book called "The mental game of poker". Perdon for my poor english.

GG, everyone :)

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We will always be disgusted when bad things happen, whether in the game or in our lives.
The best way to manage this is to take some time to play again, wait for the animos calm down to get back focused, if you insist it will be much worse you can be sure

Jonatha007

Jonatha007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Daily in life and in the game, we go through ups and downs, I particularly do not face the bad beats with discomfort, I feel momentarily and I leave aside, I fall yesterday from a live tournament by the pride of not doubling the AA after The table does not Beats nothing, Unfortunately it is part of poker. So, in my opinion, these discomforts are very personal in my case for being in a brief moment I do not feel much change in my game.

V

vanko69

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I experience discomfort when I lose from somebody who has weak hand. Like 2 7 and go all in and he gets two pairs and he beats AA.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know it sounds simple but you have to stay on an even keel,,,,don`t get too high when things are going well,then their won`t be such a `drop` when things go `bad` Stay level. Be chill:cool:

macthemax

macthemax

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BE
Chips
sometimes I feel discomfort when I losing good hands like AA KK AK and so on.
But.....sometimes it is my own mistake that I lose those hands because I don't read the board or the opponent well enough. When I'm in such a situation I'll stop playing for a while because otherwise i'm gonna try to force my play and losing even more.

M

muunas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you cant play when you feel any discomfort because you loose it all. you cant play good. you have to be fully satisfied, any disturbance, any nerves, any other thoughts... :rolleyes: just poker and cards :smile:

robertocoelho

robertocoelho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To feel discomfort because the plays do not work is normal, you have to work so this does not get in your way, give some time is valid

T

Two6JJ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes but then I go back and study how I have been playing then adjust if needed.

S

Serhiyko

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
info

how you can find how mush post you did ?
:jd4:

S

SlavaUa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fom music can halp me very much and one more do not ot play few days.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel uncomfortable when my card is not played many times in tournaments or in cash games, but I take a short break and start again in the hope that it will pass and there will be a victory

vitalii029

vitalii029

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the mood is always different mood can ruin any player who does not as you would like

WOLF55555

WOLF55555

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel uncomfortable after a series of failures. Try to make a break. But then again, playing poker.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I definitely feel discomfort now. Was in the money and closing in on final table when my AA (all in pre flop) got cracked on the river by KK when a K came. AHHHHH! (Loud scream) Now I feel better :)

B

biops

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
on upstreaks dont, just try to keep focus on doing what i think its the best move...
but at any run lost yehp :) dusahuhdsua
sometimes i can hold the frustration, sometimes i´ll shove anything that came in next hand. im dealing with it, since i know this problem...

paulinhlt

paulinhlt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is difficult to absorb when things are wrong (bad bet). That's why you need to have a mental work not to throw your game out. That's why poker is so fascinating.

Marcos mats

Marcos mats

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I went through this situation several times, that day that I did not hit anything on the table, regardless of the equity, the position, until the luck is the villain, before I lost a lot in those days, now that I realize that I am not profitable I simply stop and try to rest, A movie, going out with my son, all this helps me a lot to get out of this discomfort.
We are together.
😎👊

lezhnindima

lezhnindima

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel uncomfortable when someone pre-flop goes to the bank

P

pokgirl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes I feel discomfort when I losing good hands like AA KK AK and so on.