Gian Totaro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Which is the most important to you?
For me in general, knowledge is more important, obviously than discipline too.
Also, poker is about advancing, improving your game, reading, etc. Applied knowledge and adaptation are the key to triumph! To all this includes time and patience.

Huntre

Huntre

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Consistency is the path to success, followed by discipline. And of course, if you perform the same action for a long period of time, you will definitely reach a high level.

722Wade722

722Wade722

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I feel there’s a few key things that equally need to be implemented for success including the 2 you’ve mentioned. These for me are, in no particular order:

Knowledge, patience, will, self motivation, discipline and practice

A few others, but more personal: keep my ego in check, don’t take it personally but still be competitive, if that makes sense lol

Mimo..Mach

Mimo..Mach

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It does not seem to me that these proposals to play poker are in conflict with each other, on the contrary, it seems to me that both feed on each other. One is disciplined when one has good knowledge and one obtains knowledge when one is disciplined. Lack of control and ignorance are terms that go against each other.

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Also, poker is about advancing, improving your game, reading, etc. Applied knowledge and adaptation are the key to triumph! To all this includes time and patience.
Discipline and patience are two necessary components thanks to which you can improve your skills, acquire new knowledge and gain experience. New knowledge will not be an advantage if you do not have patience and discipline.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Of course, knowledge is the best thing that will make us better than others, but you can't go far without discipline, so factors are very important for playing poker

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Complex.
Knowledge without discipline gets you nowhere, and the same the other way around.

So we can say that they complement each other.

B

benitwapasu

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Discipline is the most important--There will always be better players than you so it is important to not lose all your money to them

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
both are very important in any sport and in poker the same :)

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, discipline and knowledge are two characteristics that must be aligned to achieve and succeed in the desired goal. It's no use having knowledge and being careless, just as it's no use being disciplined and not having knowledge. These two qualities must prevail for the player who wants to have abundant results in poker.

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's more important to play when you're lucky, to know how to take advantage of those days where everything works out for you.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
First of all, you have to know poker and then be disciplined! One cannot do without the other!

gravii2011

gravii2011

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
both are very important. Without knowledge, there is no discipline; without discipline, knowledge will not be applied.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Discipline in poker is 50% of success for a player and one of the most important psychological qualities for any poker player. In fact, this is the cornerstone, which is a necessary condition in order to achieve something in poker, and even more so to become a PRO player. This skill trains well and any poker player can pump it up. Even a talented player, however, having weak discipline, is unlikely to achieve significant success in this game if he does not begin to develop and improve this skill. In this section you will find a large number of articles about the discipline of poker, which will help you better understand this issue and develop this skill.

J

jazux48

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
As they said, the more we know, the more we do not know, so discipline is more important

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I don't think you can choose between knowledge and discipline. both are important)
I don't see how you could separate them...how can you be disciplined if you don't have knowledge?

EnzoRS94

EnzoRS94

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Knowledge & Discipline both are equally important.

badbanking79

badbanking79

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DK
Chips
I guess you will never be profitable until you have necessary knowledge and trained your patience. It goes hand in hand in my opinion.

D

Damian Baez

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that discipline is more important in poker to consolidate

heguli82

heguli82

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
I would give pretty much same guidelines for how to be best possible poker player then i would give for any profession or stable life.

Emotional control is important.

R

respuuu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion both are really important, the balance is what you need ;)

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Of course, both are very important in poker. But personally, I lack knowledge and skills. I have no problems with discipline.

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me, the most important thing is patience. Without patience, it is impossible to be disciplined. Without discipline, it is impossible to learn the game effectively.