My dilemna , i need advice

R

RIK_123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
or else i think i have to quit.
I have played poker for around 20 years first live then on the net.
My history record is such
Live
Event winner 19 times in Malmö, sweden in tournaments ranging from 22 players up to 85
ITM i e 1-5 27 times
Final table 42 times .
this is out of 158 live tournaments.
Online much worse
My roi is woeful yes i have won lots of SNG s and won MTTS too and have quite a few final table finishes and ITM cashes.
Recently i wrote everything down , i played and was 4th in 21 5 dollar sn goes in a row, out of these times on 19 occasions i got my cash in preflop or on the flop with the best hand and was beat.

In mtts i tend to play tight at start and not get involved too early , i stick to the premium hands or limp with 88 etc to catch a cheap flop.
I always get my chips in the middle if i KNOW i have the best hand on say the flop or turn.

I want to take my live play to the tournaments online, i feel i have the capacity to make money there but im feeling pretty disgruntled at present.

What can i do?

Ive read all the books, i study the high stakes players online, i watch all the major tournaments on pokerstars(last few tables), i am justa at aloss as to wether to just accept ill never make it and play for the fun of it and not be angry when i get outdrawn by a guy with 8 4 when im holding aces for example.

Any advice at all would be great.

RIK

flint

flint

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You will get outdrawn, just as in most sports you will get injured. It doesn't mean you stop playing.

You're saying that you're finishing a lot in 4th positon, which sounds very familiar as I have had similar streaks of just missing the money. They happen and you should accept it.

Just remember before the money if you have to look at who will go out next, and then figure if you have to go all-in. If you go all-in in 2nd chips with AK against the chipleader when someone is just about to go out, you're just taking too many risks.

Once you have played more and start to get confident in your playing ability you will know that you can win the SNGs, but sometimes you get unlucky,etc. its just part of your grind.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are not losing buckets full of money, and are hovering around break even, then play the game for fun. Stressing over things will do nothing good for your online game.

You mention a lot of live game experience. If it was your bread and butter, don't change that. Add online play to complement your game, not replace it.

imo

R

RIK_123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I havent lost a lot online maybe about 1000 dollars in total id say at a rough guess, its just that there simply arent enough live tournaments to have it as my "bread and butter"
I have considered moving to somehwere in the world where there are live tournaments every night but cant find anywhere.

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well no ofense but just stick around here your already doing good by asking questions...and by your low post count you can ask many more right?....just post hands in the forum that you have questions about, you'll get the answers trust me....

Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have considered moving to somehwere in the world where there are live tournaments every night but cant find anywhere.

I am going to go out on a limb here and say maybe Las Vegas has tournaments everynight somewhere.

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah vegas has tons of tourneys running everyday of the week, theres a site that lists them all.... allvegas something, name escapes me atm.

They all ranged from like, $50->$300 roughly, with a few bigger ones like 500+ 1000+

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips