Difficulty studying?

G

Guilhermeh088

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For those who are starting life in poker and want to become profitable, the ideal is to study about poker, on the youtube platform and forums with materials debating poker hands is a good start besides watching streamers playing live.

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the best way to learn poker fast is to have a good coach but you need to pay money for that. If you don't have much money and just begin to play, I think you should play freeroll or micro stakes and read books first. When you have a basic theory, you can learn other things you like. Although I don't think you can make a profit immediately, it requires a long time to gain experience and improve your skills. I'm not a professional player but I've play poker for a while and now I still feel I'm just a beginner because there are many things I need to learn or improve.

Last edited:
MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
BRM should have a small percentage allocated to study guides. Getting to the next level is essential to spending time away from the table to get there.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For those who are starting life in poker and want to become profitable, the ideal is to study about poker, on the youtube platform and forums with materials debating poker hands is a good start besides watching streamers playing live.

Hello.
For those who are starting to play poker, the ideal option is to become a member of the CardsChat community, take advantage of our free course, and play in our daily freerolls.
https://www.cardschat.com/become-a-winning-poker-player/
This is really the perfect option for a beginner. :)

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, I think in order to make good progress you need to turn to a good coach for good money, only a good coach will be able to qualitatively analyze your game and point out your mistakes, and then teach you in which direction you should work!

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Study is an essential part to be successful at the poker tables, it must be constantly, always keep a cool mind to stay disciplined, today there is a lot of material and different ways to learn and that makes learning easier:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

YenRodriguez

YenRodriguez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
watching videos and studying is fine. I have personally learned a lot playing tournaments. I have learned how to play tournaments in the middle and final stages. The more times you play those instances, the more experience you gain.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Actually agree with the two posts above.

Studying the game and continued learning are vital. However, experience trumps all and I often remind myself that the old school had players with few if any learning tools at hand other than play itself.

Don't get me wrong. I believe today's players are much more sophisticated overall, but, to truly succeed you need to first examine whether you have a real intuition for the game or not. I do not believe that can be taught. I tend to think a lot of the thrust about 'learning' is actually disguising the fact that relatively few will seriously succeed but it gives the impression most can.

I believe I am intelligent and study the game however I am not sure I possess the intuition to really elevate my game. I have noted before, it easy to read/study that say increasing aggression should pay off but for most that is not an easy thing to implement- each person is an individual with their own character traits, so I find a lot of poker tuition lacking in nuance.

Naturally, I have thought of coaching and I am sure that is a key tool to progress. But I yet think I need to show I can improve my own game before I would take that step.

nathan12420

nathan12420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My favorite method of studying is visual repetitions. I watch a lot of pro players on twitch as my main study method. It's a good way to be involved in the poker community, as many of these players are well named professionals, and are down to earth people who have also been through the ups and downs of the game. To me, the easiest way to get better is to see all the different perspectives and decide your path from there.

F

firerain

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would agree studying and taking notes from CardChat 30 days course https://www.cardschat.com/become-a-w...-poker-player/

I should decide on one type of game for the short term: (MTT, SitNGoes or Cash) and work on the concept for that game. You start playing micro of particular discipline.

You can look at Youtube for specific topics, Twitch Streamers, or paid coaching sites to continue your eduction,

mushthebush

mushthebush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think a mix of everything gives you the best of all worlds. Studying is a a great tool to get the theory in your head. But practice focuses on applying the theory in specific situations where you’ve got many other variables. The more variables you manage to have control over, the more profitable you become. It’s a lot of work now, that may not have been as necessary a decade ago. So, I’d say get all the information from all possible streams and play as much as possible. Freerolls are nearly non-sttop and multiple at the same time so there’s opportunity to try it out. And why not put the money won into further tournaments. Ain’t your money right? So you don’t lose your money, but you lose your time, but you gain hands-on experience. Just don’t neglect your wife/husband and family in the process, please. Unless they’re playin with you and how romantic is that? Starting something together and no one losing any capital. Quickies in between or during break time, plus celebrating every win with a not so quickie. Ain’t that worth a study, aye?

J

jesusali1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Excellent advice dear fellow poker player, but note also that on this excellent platform we have free poker lessons, in 30 days.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Our community is an ideal place for a beginner. Everything you need to learn the game and improve your skills is here. No need to look for anything, the CardsChat community has everything you need.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
How to evolve your game without studying?

Good morning everyone, I have this problem, I spend many hours every day playing and watching other good players on twitch, but I recognize that studying is complicated, I don't have the patience.
Even without studying, I believe I'm improving a lot, I believe the quality of my game is evolving, one of the main factors for this is to see on twitch how profitable players play, I've watched many players and one player has a style of a very different game, he is a very profitable player and bluffs a lot more always with low stakes, I also see him going All in a lot with medium hands like A9s BB vs open BTN or CO, and wins a lot of hands without showdown, of all the players this is what I see winning the most chips without a showdown, I'm trying to use this strategy and it's helped me get a lot more in Mtts straights, I won $800, in an 888poker freeroll, you had over 8,000 players and in the second day I had 1440 and won with $100 from 1000 up, I finished in 96th, I played another free and won another $50, using this same strategy I won another $112 on Natural 8, I finished in 1st place a Mtt freeroll for those who made their 1 °deposit, had 36 players with more than 20 players not playing, I played against recreational players and HU ended very quickly, I was with 180k chips and villain with 175k chips and 40bb vs 35bb:

hero mini raise to 10k
villain click 3bet to 16k
hero 4bet to 33k
villain 5bets 56k
like QQ, vs recreational njo HU, there is no other move than All in and villain shows a solid 44

It's very important to seek knowledge, if you don't have the patience to study using programs, it's good to watch videos and players who are profitable playing on twitch to evolve their game.

Attachments

• premio 112 natural 8.jpg
    premio 112 natural 8.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 22
  • QQ vs 44 mao da cravada.jpg
    QQ vs 44 mao da cravada.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 22
  • grafico 888.jpg
    grafico 888.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 22
Goku55

Goku55

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I find it hard to study book work and do interactive work but I watch a lot of educational videos and I try to study that way along with watching pros analyze hands they play.

L

La reytor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
a lot of reason one learns so much from people who started like us from the bottom and are now very successful and there is a lot of material to analyze and debate and how the people like it totally free :D

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
i don't like studying poker , i just play from experience and it is ok , so far :)

Bnobob

Bnobob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
on the pokerstars YouTube channel you can watch the season of The Big Game 6Max the current online poker is similar

R

rhennemcu

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I agree with you. I'm a beginner and I learn playing poker by watching poker in youtube. Learn from the pro.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't even remind me of the word study. I have spent so much of my life studying that I am fed up with it for the rest of my life. School 10 years + institute 4.5 years. I took a quick course at the poker school and that's enough for my game. I'm not serious about playing poker.

bertaS1234

bertaS1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was very easy for me to learn poker, but even though I have been playing for a long time, I learn something new every day, develop my game

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also consider myself an amateur although I have been playing for many years. In my opinion, first get a basic theory and then play a large number of hands (300 thousand hands +), along the way studying new material for yourself, it is also necessary to analyze the hands after the playing session. And only after all this work with a coach.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It's hard to learn any business, poker is no exception.