Different Time Zone, What Would You do With Major Event

F

Fair

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I m living in Viet Nam +7 GMT, almost big tour or main event never be in proper time. Have you been in that situation, what you did you do to resolve that.
Thank you

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Adjust to your time zone, set aside time for big tournaments, or look for an alternative within your time range. You can move, often as pro players do.

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
While it's never fun missing the biggest online games because of time zone, I would take advantage of being on different hours to play in the softer games that often run then. Maybe occasionally stay up to play big tournaments you really to get in, but in general embrace your off-peak time zone :)

M

Mariadelaluz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it needs to wake up for the starts only.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I m living in Viet Nam +7 GMT, almost big tour or main event never be in proper time. Have you been in that situation, what you did you do to resolve that.
Thank you

You have my sympathy Fair.

There are far more players who face this hurdle to play poker than most imagine. In many tournaments I play there are players based in Indonesia, China/Hong Kong, the Philippines, Thailand etc.

Obviously, things depend on your schedule and then how much you actually want to compete. To enter CC free rolls for example most Asian based players are waking up at 2am or 3am to play. It's not just a commitment but a level of commitment that sorts out those with ambition and those without (sorry, but I think it better to be blunt).

There is simply no way around it unfortunately.

B

bioman420

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would calculate the rest time to avoid playing the tournament tired, in the case of time zones that fall in the morning of my own time zone.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if the time of day does not suit you very much, rest at another time and start the game the most rested and ready for the game. if you have questions about work, then take a day off for this day.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I play poker when I have the opportunity and free time. I usually play in the evenings and at night. That's why the schedule of my favorite tournaments suits me very well.

CBETKA

CBETKA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For the sake of a big tournament, you can sacrifice other games and go to bed. As mentioned above, you should choose the games of your hour time.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally I like the fact that most tournaments seem perfectly aligned with my time zone (Central Time Zone in the middle of canada). I've always wondered why that is though since this timing also suits the richest and biggest non-playing country in the world - USA. What am I missing?

F

Fair

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello.
I play poker when I have the opportunity and free time. I usually play in the evenings and at night. That's why the schedule of my favorite tournaments suits me very well.

Play in the evenings and at night, what about your day time, how you could have healthy for tomorrow?

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone! According to my time zone, the freewall CardsChat on PokerStars is held at 01.03, for me it is also not very convenient, if I am going to play, then I have to sleep for 1-2 hours, in any case, I need to change the rest mode, as athletes do when going to competitions in another country, they go there at least a week to get used to the new regime. Best regards, Sergei.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Play in the evenings and at night, what about your day time, how you could have healthy for tomorrow?

In the morning I like to sleep. I am used to deciding for myself when it is best for me to work and my main job allows me to do it.

M

maroca06

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would try to change my game schedule to leave for the main tournament, if I need to sleep before I would.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think that we need more desire to play in a major tournament, time zones do not play a special role.