Destroy the Idea of 'Deserving'

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe poker has taught me something that no other hobby or job ever could.

In fact the way I so well handle having haters on here and bullies in general life is due to poker and nothing but.

Until poker, I always thought that something SHOULD happen and if it didn't happen that way I'd feel like what DESERVED to be given to someone... Be it affection, justice or whatever wasn't given.

What helped me so much in poker and will help me rise to the top of the world and outplay even Negreanu some day will be my full understanding that no one deserves anything.

The dumb player doesn't deserve to lose chips, the smart player doesn't deserve to win. You deserve NOTHING... You must understand this as a starting attitude to then understand how to win at poker.

You win at poker by thinking hard about what style/range your opponent thinks they have that would make them deserve the pot. Thus if they are always raising big it is a sign they believe they deserve a lot of chips at once, in turn you must understand that the way to counter them is to overbet always as they will pay you off. A very tight passive player believes that they deserve very little, you handle them by underbetting always.

I understand a lot after truly embracing the idea that I deserve no respect, no profit no happiness... I deserve to die perhaps... I will fight every day to earn it ANYWAY!

No matter how much you lose, you must FIGHT TO EARN even if you deserve more in your head ignore that voice. You must bet based on what will get you the most per minute no matter what you deserve. Sometimes you will badbeat other people, who cares? Don't enjoy it, learn from it. If you beat them honestly still dont' enjoy it because that hand is now over and you deserve nothing.

There is no deserved profit, there is no deserved graph or anything. Your playstyle must truly adapt to the enemy. If you are not willing to play fishier with the fish you wont' profit as fast I promise you.

There is no TAG-deserves-profit idea over time. You earn MORE by embracing risk and being loose. Who the hell is going to pay off a TAG when they raise all-in suddenly? Don't be stupid. You must understand that what you think is a dumb player is a brilliant player in some aspects. A loose donkey is a brilliant intimidation user, they bluff brilliantly and are too brave often to bluff (not always though as they know you'd only bet big into them with a good hand). A passive player is good at hiding strength of their hands, all you know is they have 'something' but you never know if it's four of a kind or a pair as they'd call or bet small either way.

Don't let these players make you think you deserve to beat them, you don't. Your anger stems from the idea that there is some kind of karma... Some kind of God or justice... There isn't. Stop being stupid, there is no luck there are cards and chips. Play them the way that will get you the most profit not the way that you think deserves the most profit. Don't play honest, don't play smart at all times... Be willing to take a dumb risk or you will never ever make the most money per hour that you could I promise this and I will prove it in time.

I

izuher

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Likewise, poker gradually teaches me patience, a quality that is so important, not only for the poker player, but for any other person in his life. From game to game I realize how my patience is improving.

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Likewise, poker gradually teaches me patience, a quality that is so important, not only for the poker player, but for any other person in his life. From game to game I realize how my patience is improving.
patience is again a 'deserving' ideology. Often in life the patient people are beaten by the less patient hard workers.

AshK44

AshK44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe poker has taught me something that no other hobby or job ever could.

In fact the way I so well handle having haters on here and bullies in general life is due to poker and nothing but.

Until poker, I always thought that something SHOULD happen and if it didn't happen that way I'd feel like what DESERVED to be given to someone... Be it affection, justice or whatever wasn't given.

What helped me so much in poker and will help me rise to the top of the world and outplay even Negreanu some day will be my full understanding that no one deserves anything.

The dumb player doesn't deserve to lose chips, the smart player doesn't deserve to win. You deserve NOTHING... You must understand this as a starting attitude to then understand how to win at poker.

You win at poker by thinking hard about what style/range your opponent thinks they have that would make them deserve the pot. Thus if they are always raising big it is a sign they believe they deserve a lot of chips at once, in turn you must understand that the way to counter them is to overbet always as they will pay you off. A very tight passive player believes that they deserve very little, you handle them by underbetting always.

I understand a lot after truly embracing the idea that I deserve no respect, no profit no happiness... I deserve to die perhaps... I will fight every day to earn it ANYWAY!

No matter how much you lose, you must FIGHT TO EARN even if you deserve more in your head ignore that voice. You must bet based on what will get you the most per minute no matter what you deserve. Sometimes you will badbeat other people, who cares? Don't enjoy it, learn from it. If you beat them honestly still dont' enjoy it because that hand is now over and you deserve nothing.

There is no deserved profit, there is no deserved graph or anything. Your playstyle must truly adapt to the enemy. If you are not willing to play fishier with the fish you wont' profit as fast I promise you.

There is no TAG-deserves-profit idea over time. You earn MORE by embracing risk and being loose. Who the hell is going to pay off a TAG when they raise all-in suddenly? Don't be stupid. You must understand that what you think is a dumb player is a brilliant player in some aspects. A loose donkey is a brilliant intimidation user, they bluff brilliantly and are too brave often to bluff (not always though as they know you'd only bet big into them with a good hand). A passive player is good at hiding strength of their hands, all you know is they have 'something' but you never know if it's four of a kind or a pair as they'd call or bet small either way.

Don't let these players make you think you deserve to beat them, you don't. Your anger stems from the idea that there is some kind of karma... Some kind of God or justice... There isn't. Stop being stupid, there is no luck there are cards and chips. Play them the way that will get you the most profit not the way that you think deserves the most profit. Don't play honest, don't play smart at all times... Be willing to take a dumb risk or you will never ever make the most money per hour that you could I promise this and I will prove it in time.

I agree with this. The only person that can get you ahead is you. I’ve always relied on myself in every aspect of my life. It carries over to playing poker and what you said. I agree it’s easy to blame the poker-site or other players for your success or failure when really you are in charge of your success or failure.

onondaga

onondaga

Ukraine
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Quick question, is this article the next set of words from you or we must to read and think about. Asking because its to big and in previous articles there was no sense

patience is again a 'deserving' ideology. Often in life the patient people are beaten by the less patient hard workers.

:D you can work hard and get nothing! Thats the truth. If you cant realize the opportunities and working hard without thinking all what you receive in old age is a high blood pressure and heart problems. Also like in poker, someone writing how great they are and other just playin and winning everything they can :top:

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Quick question, is this article the next set of words from you or we must to read and think about. Asking because its to big and in previous articles there was no sense

:D you can work hard and get nothing! Thats the truth. If you cant realize the opportunities and working hard without thinking all what you receive in old age is a high blood pressure and heart problems. Also like in poker, someone writing how great they are and other just playin and winning everything they can :top:
My forum activity is part of building a legacy, I don't think me writing here means I am the best I write here so when I am the best I have at least a small CC fanbase to begin my world domknation.

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with this. The only person that can get you ahead is you. I’ve always relied on myself in every aspect of my life. It carries over to playing poker and what you said. I agree it’s easy to blame the poker-site or other players for your success or failure when really you are in charge of your success or failure.
Exactly.

Even if you did everything in your power and got bad beat after bad beat what you need to understand is that bad-beat heavy tables mean the people are calling with anything, so you need to loosen up too otherwise they will walk all over you with their sucker-out hands.

onondaga

onondaga

Ukraine
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
........ to begin my world domknation.

youd better start it at "total war" or "civilisation VI" ;)

ps: this second can give you like a gift, if u pay transpot cost. get it like a bonus to my pc, but i dont want to dominate under the world so i dont need it

darthdimsky

darthdimsky

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Exactly.

Even if you did everything in your power and got bad beat after bad beat what you need to understand is that bad-beat heavy tables mean the people are calling with anything, so you need to loosen up too otherwise they will walk all over you with their sucker-out hands.

So you've argued that you need to adapt and play a style that opposes your opponents, which a majority of us will agree to. Here, however, you're advocating playing loose against loose opponents. Correct?

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
So you've argued that you need to adapt and play a style that opposes your opponents, which a majority of us will agree to. Here, however, you're advocating playing loose against loose opponents. Correct?
TP counters LAG

TAG counters LP

LP counters TP

LAG counters TAG

once you understand these four concepts you then understand that if majority of table is overall loose but there's some LP, some LAG and some fish who think they are playing TP but really are playing LP then you realise that if you stick to TAG poker, you will be letting LAg steal pot after pot from you with their flop and turn card aggression. Then you try to play more TP but these LPs enter the hand with anything dont raise when hitting Ace high flush (yes they are loose but they are ltierally playing as if they are confused what they have) then they suddenly rerais eyoru pot sized bet at the river because ba,m suddenly they realize they had an ace high flush all along.

So you need to loosen up with a table that is combined LAG and LP, you need to tighten up on a table where there's a lot of TPs hanging about but TAGs are also around. Why not just go LP and semi bluff nonstop? The TAGs will outplay you with their value bets.

bmw13

bmw13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its just your idea...don't try to wash all the brains here. You are like a priest making other believe in you ... stop doing that, there are new players around here you would make them lost.

Antulio francis

Antulio francis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also think so I think poker has some kind of limit and being worthy simply means that you battle to make everything happen in the best way in the decision making I am deserving of everything that I believe not only in poker but in life

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Its just your idea...don't try to wash all the brains here. You are like a priest making other believe in you ... stop doing that, there are new players around here you would make them lost.
Perhaps I make them lost, perhaps I'm the only one guiding them right.

Time will tell.

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I also think so I think poker has some kind of limit and being worthy simply means that you battle to make everything happen in the best way in the decision making I am deserving of everything that I believe not only in poker but in life
What do you deserve?